Windows 10: Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!

Discus and support Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!! in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all my friend has a Toshiba Sattlite C55D-A5120 Laptop 64Bytes and 4 gig memory that was an 8.1 we just upgraded to 10. It was working then now all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Hisbeauty4ashes, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!

Hi all my friend has a Toshiba Sattlite C55D-A5120 Laptop 64Bytes and 4 gig memory that was an 8.1 we just upgraded to 10. It was working then now all we get is a black screen. Can someone please help me fix this issue or show me how to reset the Laptop to factory settings.

Thanks

:)

Hisbeauty4ashes, Jan 27, 2016
  2. GC25 Win User

WINDOWS 10 UPGRADED AND NOW I HAVE A BLACK SCREEN ON START UP

This does not apply to me as don't have win 10 software it upgrade to 10 automatically now won't work

HELP!

3. WINDOWS 10 UPGRADED AND NOW I HAVE A BLACK SCREEN ON START UP

I have just upgraded my Gigabyte Laptop from windows 7 to the 10 update and now on start up it has the windows logo as usual with a dots going in a circle. Then, nothing. The screen goes blank, black and with no cursor. I have tried everything from repairing
    from the advanced options in start up, to restoring system but nothing works. I have important files on this computer and it is my sole use for my Uni degree.

I also tried safe mode but again, that doesn't work and it just restarts my computer.

Now I am trying to go back to the previous build and it is stuck saying it is going to restart.

please help this is so frustrating and I need my computer!

SimonHealey, Jan 27, 2016
  4. Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!

Okay I am doing a reset but could use some help here.

Hisbeauty4ashes, Jan 27, 2016
  5. Okay since I did not get help on here I was able to do a system reset it seemed to have fixed the issue.

Hisbeauty4ashes, Jan 28, 2016
  6. bro67 Win User
    People have lives. Those of us who help out others, do not sit on this board waiting for someone to post that they have an issue.

If you had done a search on this forum, you would have found the problem you were having, has already been addressed.

bro67, Jan 28, 2016
  7. I was not implying the way you took my response.

Hisbeauty4ashes, Jan 28, 2016
  8. bro67 Win User

Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!

I was not either. Again, everyone has families and private lives, for those of us who volunteer our time helping others on here.

Not every post is going yo be answered immediately, some may not even get looked at and responded to.

Especially when bump their post with "Since I did not get any help on here." That will cause your request to be ignored by all.

The only reason ai am on here right now, is because I was taking a break from working with a Raspberry Pi.

Your problem is a common one caused by incompatible display driver and/or chipset. Especially if you did an upgrade from a previous Windows version.

bro67, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!!

1. Help upgraded to 10 now all I have is a black screen!! - Similar Threads - Help upgraded black

2. Blue screens, black screens, missing drivers, now resetting. HELP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blue screens, black screens, missing drivers, now resetting. HELP: For the last five days my pc has been a disaster. This is going to be a lot, but like i said it’s been DAYS of this. First I had a new update so i sent it through, then the bluetooth stopped working, which has happened before so i tried to just update, reinstall, etc. but...
  3. Windows 10 upgrade black screen

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 upgrade black screen: I was upgrading my laptop to the latest windows 10 version. When I clicked upgrade and restart button from start menu my laptop turned off and instead of showing some percentages of upgrade it turned black and showed nothing since. But laptop itself was still working except...
  4. System upgraded now every screen background is black

System upgraded now every screen background is black: A day or two back, my system had an upgrade to perform when I turned it on. Now every program's background is black with very harsh colours and highlighting - takes me back to PCDos days - per attached. Previously, Windows and all programs just used the default appearances....
  5. Windows 10 upgrade- Black screen

Windows 10 upgrade- Black screen: Good Morning.. While upgrading windows 10 black screen appears, my system configuration is corei3 intel hd graphics 3000, 2 gb ram, what shall I do, black screen continues. How should I proceed further? Help me to come out this problem. I start upgrading only after the...
  6. Help, first I have black screen of death with cursor after upgrading to windows 10 from 7,...

Help, first I have black screen of death with cursor after upgrading to windows 10 from 7,...: As you can see I have the above going on. Now I have googled and googled and read lots of stuff. I have created a USB drive. I should say this is my lap top which is a asus k450c series and is about 5 years old. I created the usb on my new lenovo computer. First of when I try...
  7. i have upgrade to windows 10 now it is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    i have upgrade to windows 10 now it is not activated: Dear Sir / Madam, Herewith we are informing you that I have two all in one Lenovo pc with licence version one is activated another is not activated I have upgrade to windows 10 but is not activated what is reason is not activated...
  8. Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Laptop screen was working after upgrade but now black: Hi I upgraded to Windows 10 on Sunday and all was well. When I went to log in on Monday the laptop screen was completely black. It sounded like it was working ok but I couldn't see anything (not even the cursor). I plugged an external monitor in and that was ok. I tried...
  9. Just a backlit black screen after upgrade to Windows 10! Help!

in Windows 10 Support
    Just a backlit black screen after upgrade to Windows 10! Help!: I recently bought a refurbished Dell E6410 laptop running a new copy Windows 7 Home Premium. I did not get any discs with the purchase. I activated the Win7 copy with the provided product key and did all the updates. Then I eceived the invite to upgrade to Win10...which I...
  10. Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what?

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 upgrade black screen - have hard drive out, now what?: I tried to updated my dell Inspiron 3520 from windows 8 to windows 10. It resulted in a black screen and i was not able to even power up fully. There was no cursor on the screen. When I hit the power button, the hard drive would whir for a second and then absolutely nothing....