Windows 10: Help: Upgraded to Windows 10 now external HDD won't show up (3TB+ TV m

Discus and support Help: Upgraded to Windows 10 now external HDD won't show up (3TB+ TV m in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Today my Kodi HTPC (a Revo RL80) gave me the option of upgrading to Windows 10. I thought I'd give it a go. I backed up Kodi and other such things and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by specialkkurtis, Dec 2, 2015.

1. Help: Upgraded to Windows 10 now external HDD won't show up (3TB+ TV m

Today my Kodi HTPC (a Revo RL80) gave me the option of upgrading to Windows 10. I thought I'd give it a go. I backed up Kodi and other such things and upgraded. The whole process was easy and quite fast.

Until I sat down to watch some TV! Kodi couldn't find any TV episodes. I checked Windows Explorer and my 6 month old Seagate 4TB Backup Plus external HDD was missing. I checked Device Manager and Disk Management and the HDD shows up, but does not have a drive letter assigned to it. I've checked/updated the drivers, installed software recommended by Seagate and still no luck. I've followed these [troubleshoot steps] from Seagate, but still no luck. I've also tried disabling Fast Boot, as recommended here but I don't seem to have that option so couldn't.

The drive is recognised (Windows bongs when the drive is attached/removed, and I have the option to 'Safely Remove...') and I can feel/hear it whir. I've attached the HDD to my MacBook, a Dell laptop and a Samsung laptop and i get the same problems.

Please please help! I refuse to give in and format the HDD as I have 3TB+ of TV shows.

:)

specialkkurtis, Dec 2, 2015

2. slim portable hdd 1tb will not show on windows dashboard

i have slim portable hdd 1tb will not show on windows dashboard

help

judsonglass, Dec 2, 2015
  3. PHUD5 Win User
    Unable to open Hitachi Touro 3.0 External hard drive after upgrading to Windows 10

Hi,

I had this problem as well with my Hitachi 3TB HDD after upgrading to Windows 10 while having the external drive plugged in.

In the end, I installed some modified Intel extensible drivers then reformatted my large external drives. One was Western Digital 1TB USB 2.0 and Hitachi 3TB Touro Desk Pro USB 3.0.

Windows 8/10 hates large HDDs. Next time, before you update your Windows OS, unplug your external drives.

Moreover, the online Microsoft support team is completely clueless of this issue.

PHUD5, Dec 2, 2015
  4. fdegrove Win User

Help: Upgraded to Windows 10 now external HDD won't show up (3TB+ TV m

Hi,

Assign a drive letter to it using Disk Management and it should become accessible.

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Dec 3, 2015
  5. I thought of this but no luck. A drive shows up and shows just under 4TB of capacity so I know it's the right one, but it has no drive letter and when I right-click in the central part the only option I have is "delete volume...".

Screenshots

specialkkurtis, Dec 3, 2015
  6. fdegrove Win User
    Hi,

Do you happen to know what the file format is for that drive ?

Cheers, *Wink

fdegrove, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help: Upgraded to Windows 10 now external HDD won't show up (3TB+ TV m

1. Help: Upgraded to Windows 10 now external HDD won't show up (3TB+ TV m - Similar Threads - Help Upgraded external

2. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  3. Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Activation on new 3TB HDD: Microsoft recently past 2 weeks or so helped me to activate Windows 10 Professional on my SSD. Now I have installed a 3TB HDD Seagate, and wish to install Windows 10 Pro on there as well. I am lead to believe that my activation is linked to my Microsoft account. Okay, but...
  4. Issue with my External HDD not showing up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Issue with my External HDD not showing up: Hello, I have tested my external HDD on two separate Windows 10 devices family members, and the external HDD works fine on both of them. My PC however, does not recognize the HDD. I hear the HDD start to spin, as well as the little indication light turn on, but it doesn't...
  5. External HDD not showing up in disk management

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External HDD not showing up in disk management: My 1TB external Seagate HDD is being detected in device manger, but I cannot see it on disk management. When I connect it, it beeps 5 times, no matter which port I use submitted by /u/vininhosts [link] [comments]...
  6. XBOX 360 external HDD won't show up...?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    XBOX 360 external HDD won't show up...?: Just had a marvellous idea, plugging in an old external HDD onto my old XBOX360. Formatted it in FAT32, booted up my XBOX but... it won't show up?! (Except the usual storage, 120GB) Plugged in another HDD and that one WOULD show up (but it contains important stuff like...
  7. 3TB HDD PC reading 222GB Help

3TB HDD PC reading 222GB Help: 3TB HDD PC reading 222GB Help [img] 147549
  8. Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD

Windows 10 will not "Quick Format" a 3TB HDD: I moved a 3TB HDD from a Windows 7 Pro computer to my new Windows 10 Pro computer. Rather than delete all the data, I thought it would be quicker to just do a Quick Format. I was wrong. Disk Management just sat there doing nothing for over 45 minutes. I deleted all...
  9. Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade

Secondary 3TB HDD not showing in explorer after W10 Upgrade: Hello everyone! I'm and after effortless googling for 2 days I seek your wisdom in a specific problem I'm having after updating to Windows 10. My setup before the problem was: - Windows 8.1 in a 250GB SSD with Linux dual boot - Secondary 160GB HDD (fs: ntfs, type:...
  10. External HDD not showing up

External HDD not showing up: Good day to all Having some issues with connecting my external HDD to my desktop .Upon connecting to the usb port nothing happens in the file explorer don't show up But looking in the device manager it shows up there and also shows an icon in the task bar next to the clock...