Windows 10: Help-User Account Control Problems if you develop your own software

Discus and support Help-User Account Control Problems if you develop your own software in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi I am quite new to Windows 10 but it has not been a happy experience and has wasted at least 4 days so far. Since buying a new Windows 10 computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by astrojohn, Nov 11, 2016.

1. astrojohn Win User

Help-User Account Control Problems if you develop your own software

Hi I am quite new to Windows 10 but it has not been a happy experience and has wasted at least 4 days so far.

Since buying a new Windows 10 computer I have had to turn all UAC off. Otherwise I keep getting pop up task if I want to run it!
    There must be a way to have outside security without these pop ups.
    I have written telescope automation software which are a number of exe files in one folder. Since I am the originator and the administrator why does it keep asking if I want to run the program? (If UAC is on)
    Some of my software cannot see the required files in other directories if they are not set as administrator.
    Never had this problem with Vista or Windows 8?

Any solutions (apart from reloading Vista from an old machine)

Regards,
    John

:)

astrojohn, Nov 11, 2016
  2. DaveM121 Win User

ASP.NET Machine Account: What is it?

The account can get created when you install .NET framework and if you are not a software Developer, it is not required . . .

Open Control Panel - User Accounts and delete that account

DaveM121, Nov 11, 2016
  3. Entegy Win User
    Pre-install App on Windows Phone

You cannot take apps published in the Store and distribute them via a company account or a developer account. Company accounts/hubs are for your own developed apps.

Downloading apps require an account to tie the license to. My suggestion is don't be stuck managing potentially hundreds of Microsoft accounts. Let the user sign in with their own account and send them a link to the app to download. The process to sign up
    for an account on the phone is very easy and the user is walked through it.

Entegy, Nov 11, 2016
  4. Cliff S New Member

Cliff S, Nov 11, 2016
  5. Cliff S New Member
    @astrojohn,
    Sorry I just posted the link and ran a little bit ago*Redface, I was busy at the moment, but wanted to make sure to post something that might help you.

Is that what you were looking for?

Also there is a developer mode in Windows 10, but I believe(not sure) that's for creating UWP(modern) apps:
    Enable your device for development

Help-User Account Control Problems if you develop your own software [​IMG]

Cliff S, Nov 11, 2016
  6. astrojohn Win User
    I don't use Visual Studio. It will not run on my version of Windows 10.

I have used a GUI builder tool set from the medical business. Very nice clean apps.
    However, I even had problems with that because Windows had changed some #DEFINES somewhere in the compiled subsystems and now there was a conflict. Color_MenuBar was a conflict. So I have changed it everywhere in my dev environment to Colour_MenuBar -That fixed it.

I have had problems getting the pop up to ask if I wanted to run my exe files??
    I only have one user account:
    Local
    Administrator

However, Still having to mess about with admin rights of individual exe files because the cannot execute other exe files.
    But some pop ups still happened so turned of all UAC.

Everything is now running and able to do a complete compile and system build to link with all the hardware and other software servers in the system. But, have to put UAC off!

Not really good?
    John
    *Sad

astrojohn, Nov 11, 2016
  7. Cliff S New Member
    The tutorial link I posted(my first post) doesn't help?

Oh, wait!
    I just found one here in Ten Forums, I guess the author, @Brink has imported it.
    Check here: Elevated Shortcut without UAC - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

I
    N
    F
    O

• When you open an application file with UAC prompt for approval before the app is allowed to run with elevated rights.

In addition, Windows will not allow elevated apps to run at startup by default.

If you want to run an app as administrator (elevated) without getting a UAC prompt or at startup, then you can create an elevated task to run the application as a workaround to do so.

This tutorial will show you how to create a shortcut of an elevated task to run an app as administrator without getting a UAC prompt in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to be able to create and use the elevated shortcut.

Cliff S, Nov 11, 2016
  8. astrojohn Win User

Ok I have looked at the other PC that runs another observatory with the same software.
    It is Windows 10 Home 10586 build. This version does not produce Popup asking if I want to run app.
    So what did Microsoft change that messed up the operation of my software?
    PC config looks similar. Local Account login, Administrator.
    My software is not running as administrator.
    Very odd.
    Regards,
    John

astrojohn, Nov 12, 2016
  9. Cliff S New Member
    Hi John, I sent one of the other software developers I know, a private message to take a look here,
    maybe he can help, as he understands these things.

I thought you just needed a way to start the program without the UAC, that's why I linked you to that tutorial(which you have yet to comment on, if it's what you want or not*Think)

You might want to think of adding the program(and any associated .exe's) to start at boot, and to run from the system tray, that way you will, not need to start it every time.

Cliff S, Nov 12, 2016
  10. Superfly Win User
    If it works in a previous build, then the app. is not to blame... also strange that the constants were affected by system language.

My apps however (and I do use VS) do not exhibit that behavior with the latest Windows builds - thus I can't replicate it.
    (yes, I use app manifest to embed privileges - so they automatically run as Admin)

Superfly, Nov 12, 2016
  11. astrojohn Win User
    Hi,

I think Microsoft Windows 10 Home version 1607 is so full of problems- I just tried to install my HP Printer..
    I can't and is says Need Administrator Rights?? I have a local administrator log on to this PC?
    I tried loading the disc onto the desktop and running the setup as Administrator......Same problem.
    I have checked my logon about 100 times and it still says ADMINISTRATOR!
    J

astrojohn, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Help-User Account Control Problems if you develop your own software - Similar Threads - Help User Account

2. Problems with user account control.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with user account control.: I recently bought a new PC and user account control is acting a bit funky.Whenever I try to open any software like games, installers, etc... it askes me if I want to allow it to make changes to my device. I understand why it does this and I am not bothered by it in it's...
  3. Problems with user account control.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with user account control.: I recently bought a new PC and user account control is acting a bit funky.Whenever I try to open any software like games, installers, etc... it askes me if I want to allow it to make changes to my device. I understand why it does this and I am not bothered by it in it's...
  4. User Account Control Problem with Windows 10

User Account Control Problem with Windows 10: Dear AllI am using Power Manager Lite to manage my UPS box with my pc. I recently installed the program for the first time since using Windows 10.Every time the pc loads Windows, a User Account Control box appears with the query:-"Do you want to allow this app from an unknown...
  5. Problem with "user account control".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem with "user account control".: I am using a windows app to get rid of unused apps. To get there I use the "Start" window icon and the gear icon for "Settings". When I select some apps I get an error message with a red header which tells me: "An administrator has blocked you from running this app...." It...
  6. How can you release a software that does not run on your own hardware??

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    How can you release a software that does not run on your own hardware??: Just purchased Flight Simulator 2020 to realize that it would not run on my Surface Pro. My bad, as I should have read the system requirements. No refund or credit possible, per MS policy. On closer look at the recommended system requirements, I cannot find one MS computer...
  7. Software Development

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Software Development: Is somebody interested in forming a team to develop a new program ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/software-development/78aa33f7-402b-4124-b3ce-d8d845f7b41c"
  8. User Account Control Problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    User Account Control Problem: Hello everyone. Example of my problem........ I goto desktop, doubleclick on Acronis Backup program expecting it to open. But, up comes a User Account Control dialogue box asking if I want to allow this app to make changes to your device? I cannot answer yes because the...
  9. problem with user account control (uac)

in Windows 10 Customization
    problem with user account control (uac): hey. i tried to turn on my pc yesterday and i got a problem with a file beeing removed. i then restarted my whole pc, and i thought it was fixed. but then my administrator confirmation wouldnt work. this means that i cant download apps and edit settings. i have tried to go to...
  10. User control account Do you want to allow this to make changes to your device

User control account Do you want to allow this to make changes to your device: My Window 10 version 1800 (OS Build 17763.195} Last week it was updated. After update installation appeared to be very good. But, I felt a very disturbing problem I clicked on CCleaner. It did not open. I tried to uninstall through control panel. A window appeared “...