Windows 10: Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240)

Discus and support Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240) in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I have been trying to use custom themes on my laptop for the past 2 months, but none of them work fully, and just end up changing the desktop... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by tsutsuko, Dec 15, 2015.

1. tsutsuko Win User

Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240)

Hello, I have been trying to use custom themes on my laptop for the past 2 months, but none of them work fully, and just end up changing the desktop wallpaper, cursor and some colours on the windows, etc.

example of the theme I'm currently trying (what it's supposed to look like):

Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240) [​IMG]

What it looks like on my computer

(ignore the start button, it's from classic shell :x)

I've tried lots of tools like UxStyle, UltraUXThemePatcher, programs to replace explorerframe.dll, etc. but none of them work.

I've had this problem even back when I was still using windows 8.1

Win 8.1 theme (what it's supposed to look like):

What it looked like on my computer

This is my laptop, though I don't know if the laptop itself is related to the problem...

Would be grateful if anyone knows what's the problem. Been wasting too much time trying to get this working.....

:)

tsutsuko, Dec 15, 2015

2. Help! 3rd Party themes on N95 8gb!

I'm sorry to ask this but how exactly do you "install" them?. Maybe you are not installing them correclty.

el_loco---01, Dec 15, 2015
  3. series_n Win User
    Help! 3rd Party themes on N95 8gb!

which location are you storing the themes? that is in phone memory or mass storage? try and install application in the phone memory. after u install switch ur phone off and back on. check 4 the themes then. where are u getting these themes from?

series_n, Dec 15, 2015
  4. mykou Win User

Hi

Are the first screens under windows 10 ? if so , I wonder how you managed to get a custom picture as explorer background

mykou, Dec 15, 2015
  5. tsutsuko Win User
    No, the first 2 pictures are windows 8.1. Though apparently it works with windows 10
    Here's the original link

I've seen videos of people applying these themes on windows 10 though (custom pic on explorer too). I did exactly what they showed but it still didn't work for me

[youtube]T71rNVQ5VYk[/youtube]
    [youtube]DeL5z98DxqU[/youtube]

tsutsuko, Dec 15, 2015
  6. mykou Win User
    Thanks Tsutsuko *Smile

gonna give a try

mykou, Dec 15, 2015
  7. swarfega Win User
    swarfega, Dec 15, 2015
  8. tsutsuko Win User

Thanks for the link. Tried it but still doesn't work though =/

tsutsuko, Dec 15, 2015
  9. Looks to me that there may be other tools besides a UXTheme patcher you should be using, for instance the sample pic has glass effects on the Explorer window, for this I would say to use Aeroglass, also looks like the Explorer ribbon has been disabled, for this I would say you need to use OldNewExplorer and for the custom start menu you would need something such as StartIsBack.

You really need to go back to the artists site to see what specialized tools they are using to get the desired effects, I know for a fact they didn't achieve it through just a .theme file. So I wouldn't say it's your system, I WOULD say that there are tools needed to achieve the desired effects that you are not using.

It also looks like they have some sort of modified Rainmeter theme going on there with the sidebar.

Also make sure the theme has been designed for your build of Windows 10, custom themes made for the RTM version of Windows 10 (10240) do not work correctly on the fall update build (1511) and visa versa.

A word to the wise ....... don't get your UXTheme patcher from cleodesktop, the site has been known to have nasty's associated with it, if you get it from anywhere get it from GitHub, where they are actively working on a theme patcher that actually works correctly with Windows 10 > No longer working on Windows 10 (November Update / Build 10586 / v1511) · Issue #21 · riverar/uxstyle OR a better option to the UXStyler may be the ThemeSignatureBypass, this acts just like a theme patcher but runs from the registry hook, you can find that over at MSFN here >> http://www.msfn.org/board/topic/1709...nature-bypass/

Dark Knight, Dec 16, 2015
  10. tsutsuko Win User
    Yeah I'm already using AeroGlass, and I did try OldNewExplorer and StartIsBack. The theme was posted on this website , where this video showing what tools to use was also posted (not by the theme creator though). Guess I'll try to see if I can ask creator directly.

tsutsuko, Dec 16, 2015
  11. mykou Win User
    Don't forget the video was posted on Sept 2015 so BEFORE the TH2 update ... patching windows build 10240 was piece of cake comparing to version 1511 where you have to use a tricky way to apply theme compatible ones .

mykou, Dec 16, 2015
  12. tsutsuko Win User
    I'm using 10240 tho

tsutsuko, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help using 3rd party themes (build 10240) - Similar Threads - Help using 3rd

2. Linking 3rd parties.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Linking 3rd parties.: What information about my account can 3rd parties access through microsoft.com/link? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/linking-3rd-parties/ee4f17fc-c10c-4f15-a551-aacaa88809b0
  3. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  4. Use of legacy 3rd party software

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Use of legacy 3rd party software: With Windows 11 can I still run legacy 3rd party software as administrator? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-legacy-3rd-party-software/3a0dbfaa-5718-4f40-b531-6589e1a35fdd
  5. Using 3rd Party Imaging Software

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Using 3rd Party Imaging Software: When creating a disk image is it necessary to backup all partitions on the diskor only c:?What would happen when try to restore an image of c:,will it try to delete all other partitions or simply replace c:?Also, Window Disk Management is reporting 2 drives C: and Disk 0...
  6. Using 3rd party themes/skins

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using 3rd party themes/skins: I am a total beginner to this, is there a difference between skins and themes? I have been reading up but getting confused about the best method. Ultimately, I want to change my taskbar, windows, buttons, etc, everything. I would like to create my very own skin from scratch....
  7. Build 10240

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Build 10240: So basically im still on the build 10240 and tried updating my computer, i got the error code 0x80240fff and tried updating it with the update assistant that i could download, but that didnt work and was told to restart my pc and try again did that and it still didnt work.....
  8. Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen with cursor after installing a 3rd party theme: Hey guys please help meee. I installed a third party theme from deviant art and my screen went black. All i can see on my screen is just pure black. I pressed my power button down for 3 seconds to power off my laptop and when i opened my laptop back again the hp logo shows up...
  9. Update Drivers using 3rd party software?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Update Drivers using 3rd party software?: I have just installed Driver Agent Plus and it shows 13 out of date drivers. Should I rely on Windows 10 to update necessary drivers or should I use a 3rd party program? If the latter is Driver Agent Plus a good choice.? My set-up is as I want it and I am a bit concerned new...
  10. System flickers after installation of 3rd Party Theme Plugin

in Windows 10 Support
    System flickers after installation of 3rd Party Theme Plugin: So, recently I took a big risk of installing "Uxstyle" for my Lenovo laptop. After that the next time I switch my laptop on, it booted normally to the lock screen. But from there it started to flicker between the lock screen and the blue loading screen, stopping me from being...