Windows 10: Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner

Discus and support Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Trying to scan my home network and I created a firewall rule in Norton Security that allows inbound and outbound communications on UDP port 137 from... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by SoFine409, Dec 20, 2017.

1. SoFine409 Win User

Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner

Trying to scan my home network and I created a firewall rule in Norton Security that allows inbound and outbound communications on UDP port 137 from any computer. But when I scan the range of addresses from 192.168.1.0 to 192.168.1.255 but nothing is found. Want am I doing wrong.

:)

SoFine409, Dec 20, 2017
  2. ArtsySt Win User

USB connect Epson scanner disappears since recent Win10 updates

Epson does not update the drivers for this older but good quality large format flatbed scanner.

Everything was fine until the October Windows 10 update; I just powered up the scanner when needed before starting the Epson scan software.

not an item I can update readily: scanners for this size documents ( 12" x 17") cost > $1,200 & the scanner is still in good condition.

Unplugging & plugging it in does not help Windows 10 "find" it: the device is missing & the Epson s/w will not find the scanner.

NOTE: after reinstalling the Epson s/w I can use the scanner, BUT it is NOT visible in Devices & Printers or any where in Settings: Devices. Windows 10 no longer "sees" the device at all it seems.

The Epson s/w cannot find the scanner after I restart my PC, until I reinstall the s/w.

ArtsySt, Dec 20, 2017
  3. Ben90CH Win User
    Unable to scan files to folder from my network printer

Update:

I have downloaded the port scanner by Microsoft.

Result:

• Port 445: Listening
    • Port 139: Not Listening

I went to check my NetBIOS service if it's running. But it's not there in "Services".

Any ideas?

Ben90CH, Dec 20, 2017
  4. PiKo Win User

As a quick test, I tried the same, allowing it in Defender as an allowed app. Scan result: nil. I did not look further to it, since I use the Fing app on my tablet and smartphone. Works perfect and I advise you to use this.

5. Samuria Win User
    Not clear what your trying to do UDP doesn't get a reply unlike tcip which gets a reply so it's hard to test

Samuria, Dec 22, 2017
  6. SoFine409 Win User
    Nirsoft instructions says to unblock UDP 137.

SoFine409, Dec 22, 2017
  7. SoFine409 Win User
    Thanks for the tip.

SoFine409, Dec 22, 2017
  8. SoFine409 Win User

Discovered that this app works on my Win7 PC but not on any of my Win10 PC. It looks like the creators update killed NetBios. Problem explained.

SoFine409, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help w/ Using Nirsoft NetBios Scanner - Similar Threads - Help Using Nirsoft

2. netbios outside segment

in Windows 10 Gaming
    netbios outside segment: HelloHow do I query for the name of a host outside of my network segment?Eg.:My host is MYPC with IP 192.168.1.3 1.x subnetThe other host has IP 192.168.3.9 3.x subnet...
  3. netbios outside segment

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    netbios outside segment: HelloHow do I query for the name of a host outside of my network segment?Eg.:My host is MYPC with IP 192.168.1.3 1.x subnetThe other host has IP 192.168.3.9 3.x subnet...
  4. Can't connect PC's on LAN using NetBIOS \\[COMPUTERNAME]

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't connect PC's on LAN using NetBIOS \\[COMPUTERNAME]: I have two Windows PC's on a LAN. They both show up in the Windows Explorer network tree but cannot connect to each other using \\[COMPUTERNAME]. I have network discovery sharing turned on. Both clean installs of Windows 10. Same Microsoft Account. The correct sharing...
  5. Canon MF4500 scanner with w 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Canon MF4500 scanner with w 10: I am using a Canon 4500 MF printer scanner and using Canon MF Toolbox V 4.9.11mf18. However since the Windows 10 update on March 5, i cannot use the scanner function on the, while the print function is still working. The scann function worked fine before this update. What has...
  6. Use of scanner

Use of scanner: I have recently upgraded to a Windows 10 and I am using a Canon MG2120 printer/scanner. I can print fine but can get the scanner going. Do you have a possible solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-of-scanner/9071cb89-e1a1-4e68-812b-9960797c2c2f
  7. Netbios

Netbios: I've seen lots of problems with Windows 10 and Netbios. I am unable to netbios from a win 10 machine to any other. Works fine from a Windows 7 machine. I've tried every single change I could find for the registry, firewall, hosts, lmhosts, you name it and I've tried it. Still...
  8. netbios over tcpip

netbios over tcpip: NetBIOS over tcpip is turned off. changing the setting in adapter setting doesn't fix this problem. is there a registry setting that can fix this problem. also even when this was set to yes, I could not see computers in network / file explorer windows 10 pro 1803...
  9. NetBIOS discovery

NetBIOS discovery: Hi---one of computers connected to home LAN running Windows 10 can't be viewed in Network control panel of others. What are the services required to be started on both guest and host computers to show local computer automatically in Explorer under Network branch? I have...
  10. Using a scanner

Using a scanner: I have an HP muliti purpose colour laser printer / scanner. I have the correct software loaded but my Windows 10 machine always tells me the scanner isn't connected. I've tried the Microsoft "Scan" application that came with my Windows 10 computer and the HP Scan software...