Windows 10: Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection

Discus and support Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Installed W10 and since then my internet connection via wifi has died. It will run for a minute and then die and I'll have to disconnect my connection... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BRKING, Aug 3, 2015.

1. BRKING Win User

Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection

Installed W10 and since then my internet connection via wifi has died. It will run for a minute and then die and I'll have to disconnect my connection multiple times to reset the connection but then it dies again shortly after. Didn't have this issue with 8.1. I use ATT Uverse. Is it possible their wifi doesn't like W10?

:)

BRKING, Aug 3, 2015
  2. nsmurali Win User

Windows 10 regular updates messed up my wifi driver

RALINK wifi adapter

Windows update this week has irreparably screwed my computer connectivity to LAN and the internet. No amount of tweaking is helping. It has also killed old restore points and I may have to reinstall windows. **** are the Microsoft programmers up to?

I am going for Linix Mint. I am tired of Microsoft nonsense.

nsmurali, Aug 3, 2015
  3. Connecting bluetooth speaker kills and disconnected from wifi internet on my windows laptop

Whenever I have connect the bluetooth speaker to my Laptop it kill the wifi internet , it remains connected to the wifi router but it shows no internet and stop the internet services...help me I need a solution

faruk hossain biswas, Aug 3, 2015
  4. Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection

Have you looked to see if there are updated Win 10 drivers from the manufacturer of your system/motherboard?

fracking4oil, Aug 3, 2015
  5. BRKING Win User
    I did. I have Intel(R) Centrino(R) wireless-N 135 and it said it was up to date when I checked for updates.

This is how I THINK I fixed my issue. In the Device Manager section I right clicked on the wireless network adapter and uninstalled it. Of course my computer went dead. Then I reinstalled it by right clicking on Network Adapters and selected "Scan for hardware changes" and restarted my computer. As of the past 30 minutes I have had uninterrupted internet.

I am really really really disappointed in Windows for not being prepared for this. I am seeing more and more and more people with the "no internet" problem on the Microsoft tech support forum.

BRKING, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection

1. Help! Windows 10 has killed my internet connection - Similar Threads - Help has killed

2. Please help with my internet connectivity.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Please help with my internet connectivity.: Hi so I have the sky 1gig router and it is placed downstairs. I have my pc upstairs and it is connected to wifi via a Realtek 8811CU Wireless LAN 802.11ac USB NIC. About a month ago I used to be constantly connected to 5ghz and hitting around 80-90 mbps but currently for some...
  3. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.: Hi all,I've been working from home for about 2 years, using the same set up. I have a desk phone that I need for my job, and to avoid having a network cable running from the phone to the router which is in another room, and is a tripping hazard, I've been connecting to the...
  4. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.: Hi all,I've been working from home for about 2 years, using the same set up. I have a desk phone that I need for my job, and to avoid having a network cable running from the phone to the router which is in another room, and is a tripping hazard, I've been connecting to the...
  5. Internet Connection Sharing kills all internet.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows 10 Update Killed my Audio - Help ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Update Killed my Audio - Help ?: Newest windows 10 update killed my speakers/microphone Rolling back to a previous install is not an option , as I will lose too much info/software changes.I've tried manually updating drivers through Device Manager, I've downloaded drivers from Toshiba, Intel and gone back...
  7. Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 updates have killed my internet connection: I installed the latest security updates and it appears to have severely effected my network interface card. It's the same issue that's affected millions of users over the past few years but with there wifi connections. I've followed all the steps detailed in every forum...
  8. Windows update kills my internet connection...

Windows update kills my internet connection...: On my wife's Surface, every night Windows runs the latest update and loses the internet connection. Every morning I uninstall the update and the internet connection is back... Can you fix this problem?...
  9. Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections

Windows 10 Killed my Network Connections: Hello, I "upgraded" to Win10 using the Free Upgrade option on 8/8/15. Immediately after starting Win10 I lost my connection to my LAN (TP-Link router) and my Bluetooth USB stick stopped working. I get a unidentified network message that says I have a bad IP address...
  10. Creators Update killed my internet connection ?

Creators Update killed my internet connection ?: After the Windows 10 32 bit automatic Fall Creators Update install....this PC running Win 10 32 bit lost all internet service/connections - trouble shooter said windows pci wifi card was not operationg. Tried everything I could think of...even ordered a new pci network...