Windows 10: HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube

Discus and support HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; Hello I'm not sure if this is caused by an update or not but lately(And I mean just the past 2 or 3 days) my PC has been extremely slow. The disk usage... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by BenjaminSchuetz, Mar 28, 2016.

1. HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube

Hello I'm not sure if this is caused by an update or not but lately(And I mean just the past 2 or 3 days) my PC has been extremely slow. The disk usage in the task manager is almost always at 90-100% if I open more than one browser confirmed for chrome, firefox, and explorer. All downloads are slow and even opening up basic apps on the desktop lag. If I click and drag an open file window or app I'm met with unbearable stuttering. Restarting the PC fixes the issue momentarily but after sitting idle or opening anything the system quickly deteriorates again. I can't stress enough how annoying it is to open a youtube video and have it play normally for a few seconds before it begins to play as if it's in slow motion. I've tried different solutions around the web with no results including a fresh install of Windows 10. Virus scans show nothing with Bit Defender and I've had this anti virus more months without issues. I'm 100% sure it's not a virus. Is this because of an update? Am I screwed until Microsoft fixes Windows 10?

:)

BenjaminSchuetz, Mar 28, 2016

2. Help please, latest windows update has messed up my computer

Help please. My son and I both ran the windows update on our laptops tonight. Now they both are running horrible. We can't even watch a youtube video, pages are loading very slow, Horrible!!

What do we do?

Thank you

Kathleen

KatNashRamblerkat, Mar 28, 2016
  3. Why the internet is so slow through WiFi?

I have connected my n900 with my Wifi internet at my house. The internet is fast, but why when I open the website by using my N900 it's so slow. Even watch youtube, I can't do it.

SandEngineer, Mar 28, 2016
  4. dalchina New Member

HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube

dalchina, Mar 28, 2016
  5. Josbeph Win User
    There are two possible probloms: 1. Too little ram 2. Too beefy software
    to fix the ram download the free tool Razer Cortex. It says its for gameing but it works. Download here: Razer Cortex - PC Performance Booster & Price Comparison Game Launcher and for too beefy software, uninstall anything that meets or almost meets you system specs. Consider upgrading the ram and if possible the motherboard and cpu

Josbeph, Mar 28, 2016
  6. HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube [​IMG]

HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube [​IMG]

It's no longer showing 90-100% on the disk usage anymore but as I'm currently typing and while I took these shots my computer is lagging to the point where I'm getting lag for each letter I type. Right now I have open a youtube video, this website, the task manager, and Nexus mods which I'm using to download one mod sized 570mb. I just downloaded a couple small video files using bitcomet after taking my computer out of sleep and the download was fast without any lag. 10 minutes later it's back to being laggy. This happens after each time I restart the computer too it works for a bit without problems and then suddenly slows down to a crawl. A week ago I could download 30gb of data while watching a youtube video stream flawlessly and no lag to my desktop.

BenjaminSchuetz, Mar 29, 2016
  7. Yeah I have 16gb of ram that's not the issue, and I have games on my computer but after I reinstalled windows all of my apps were deleted and it's still doing this with barely any games installed.

8. Josbeph Win User

Now that I see it, it could be malware. Download the free malware scanner Malwarebytes and scan, you wanna do a full scan. This can take a while

Josbeph, Mar 29, 2016
  9. Josbeph Win User
    Oh, ok like I say its probably malware. Run a scan (a full scan) with malwarebytes. This will get rid of any malware on your system.

Josbeph, Mar 29, 2016
  10. HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube [​IMG]

100% disk usage while doing a virus scan.

11. Just finished a full scan of my system, made no difference.

12. Try: from action center: all settings->system->notifications & actions->Show me tips about
    Turn the feature off.

asusx205ta, Mar 29, 2016
  13. dalchina New Member

Hi I'll post this before you're led astray- probably- from your first screenshot you have the problem that has been reported where using Chrome provokes system and compressed memory. I somehow suspected that might be a possibility.

There are a couple of recent threads here discussing Chrome in particular - here's one where a solution/workaround for this has been posted.
    Solved High CPU usage - System and Compressed Memory - Page 3 - Windows 10 Forums

You also have high disk use from sthg called Nexus Mod Manager. I don't know what that is- perhaps you could comment? Unless it's a temporary situation (doing sthg) it's going to kill your system.

So you have two causes at least presently...

asusx205ta #10 is correct in suggesting that solution given system and compressed memory is using so much CPU time - however it's only one of several solutions found for this- let us know if it works. However different people have needed various fixes given their circumstances.

dalchina, Mar 29, 2016
  14. timsjones Win User
    Based on a recent experience : If your Windows 10 PC is running very slowly, here’s some of the things you can (or should) try. (My Windows 10 PC ran slow due to a bad block on the hard drive, which I sorted out as I’ll explain later on.)
    - Check there’s sufficient space on your hard drive
    - Take a backup (your hard drive might be on its way out).
    - Re-boot.
    - Run an anti-virus scan (eg. Malwarebytes Anti-malware, you can download and run their scan for free.)
    - Clear histories out of Edge and other browsers (your PC might be struggling to open up websites that you had open previously).
    - Look in Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Del) to see if any jobs are taking up excessive resources of CPU, Memory or Disk.
    - Look in the list of Control Panel/Programs to see if there are any unwanted programs on your PC. Delete any you are sure you don’t need.
    - Take a look in Control Panel/Systems & Security/Admin Tools/View Event Logs. Are there error events (very likely lots of them) which could point to the problem?
    (NB. You can still get to Control Panel in Windows 10 – Google comes up with how to)
    Before I get on to my Bad Blocks problem, you could try some of these things (which seem to have worked for others):
    - Go into Settings/System/Notifications and Actions, and turn the Notifications off. Or :
    - Disable Superfetch and Windows Search (hold down the Windows button and press R; then type in services.msc and press OK, then scroll down to Superfetch, right click on it, change Startup Type to Disabled, OK that, then click Stop at top left of screen. Same for Windows Search).
    - Disable some startup programs (Google comes up with how to)
    - Defrag the hard disk (Google comes up with how to)
    - Reset your PC (a bit drastic) (Google comes up with how to)

Very likely none of this will help though, and the Event Log (see above) will show that you have a bad block on your hard drive. In that case, try the following:
    - go into Windows Explorer, right-click on your C: drive and select Properties then Tools, then click Check (on Error Checking), and do everything it says there.
    But very likely that won’t work either, because you need to do something more powerful in Administrator mode. So try this :
    - Go to All Apps, Windows System, Command Prompt
    - Right-click on Command Prompt, select More, and click on Run as Administrator
    - Type in the following text (without the quotes, but with the spaces) : “chkdsk /f /r C:”
    and press Enter.
    - After a shortish while it should come back with messages. In my case, it said it couldn’t do the action now as the disk was in use, but would do it on next boot. It did, and the problem was solved.

timsjones, Mar 29, 2016
  15. dalchina New Member
    @timsjones Hi, you're offering general advice, which is fine, however you are ignoring the quite specific info provided in the task manager screenshots. Until the PC is in a usable state (low CPU/disk) it's not worth trying general maintenance (Ok could be done from Safe Mode or a clean boot e.g. assuming CPU use was then low) But the task manager shows specific info.

Clearly the issues related to the processes using lots of CPU time and disk time need dealing with.

The one with Chrome and system and compressed memory is likely to be one which has been reported and solved, so hopefully that can be dealt with. The symptoms reported match well.

As I've noted previously there is another process too which needs investigating.

dalchina, Mar 29, 2016
Thema:

1. HELP Windows 10 Slow Can't Even Watch Youtube - Similar Threads - HELP Slow Can't

2. Is there anyway to watch youtube with a incorrect date on windows 10?

in Windows 10 Support
    Is there anyway to watch youtube with a incorrect date on windows 10?: As of now if you try to visit youtube with a wrong date on windows, the website blocks you from entering/watching. I was wondering if there is anyway to watch youtube without having to have a correct date on the windows 10 PC? 176706
  3. YouTube slow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    YouTube slow: Hello, I have two Windows 10(20H2) 64-bit PCs connected to my LAN via Cat 6 Ethernet. Over the past month I have noticed that certain random YouTube videos are slow and constantly buffer on either PC during 5-12 at night. Running the videos at the lowest quality doesnt help...
  4. Youtube Slow

Youtube Slow: Hello, So as it says on the tin, I am finding searching for content on youtube to ber very slow. Everytime I type something in the search bar, it takes an age for the full text to appear and the search to execute. Is this to do with my internet speed and is there anything...
  5. Can't watch videos on youtube

Can't watch videos on youtube: So i tried to go fullscreen on youtube , but i get a white page ... i heard sound , but can't see anything ... .. in normal mode it' working ok .. i post two random screenshots .... BTW i dont know why i have that secure in top ... two days ago it was all working normally...
  6. Watch YouTube videos with Chrome

in Browsers and Email
    Watch YouTube videos with Chrome: How can this annoying nag be eliminated from YouTube ! I am using Edge and do not want chrome. I let Windows do Windows. 91861
  7. How come I can't watch YouTube videos?

in Browsers and Email
    How come I can't watch YouTube videos?: How come I can't watch YouTube videos in my chrome browser? It keeps on loading and loading. I restart the computer and it is still not working. How can I fix YouTube not playing issue? Any help? 74468
  8. YouTube Slow?

in Browsers and Email
    YouTube Slow?: Unsure what is happening here, for a few days now, when I load a youtube video, all I get is a black screen, and I do not see the video until I 'nudge' a few keys and throw mouse at screen (not really!) Whilst this is happening I went up to 200mb last night from 150, so...
  9. BSOD watching youtube

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD watching youtube: Hello everyone. I have the blue screen problem (Dpc_watchdog_violation) only when I watch video on youtube. Not during video on VLC nor twich.tv... Only with youtube, and with every browser. I think I have all my driver up to date (but I can make a mistake, because my...
  10. Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 BSOD when watching Youtube videos: Hi! I have started to get strange, frequent BSODs when I am wathing Youtube videos. These BSODs occur with Opera and Firefox. Computer stops responding, sound cuts off same time and I cant move mouse. First, I suspected my new graphic card, MSI GT 710 2GD3H LP might be...