Windows 10: Help! Windows randomly does not wake from sleep.

Discus and support Help! Windows randomly does not wake from sleep. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Randomly, my PC will not wake after I have put it into sleep mode. When that happens, I am unable to shut it down other than with the power button.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by hershy, Jul 16, 2018.

1. hershy Win User

Help! Windows randomly does not wake from sleep.

Hi,
    Randomly, my PC will not wake after I have put it into sleep mode.
    When that happens, I am unable to shut it down other than with the power button.

I have no idea what to do.
    Please advise!

:)

hershy, Jul 16, 2018

2. wake from sleep issue in windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your reply. Apologize for the delay in response.

I suggest you to check which devices are configured to wake up the computer from sleep by following the steps below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type the command line below:
    Powercfg /devicequery wake_armed

3. Check if the devices (Keyboard, Mouse, Ethernet cable) are listed.

If the system is not going to sleep and going to Hybernate, the only option to wake up is to press the Power button.

Hope the information is helpful.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jul 16, 2018
  3. Sleep / Wake Function, malfunctions after waking

Hi,

Issues that arise after waking up the PC from sleep mode might have been caused by a software conflict or system file corruption. For us to clarify the issue, we would like to ask these questions:

• What is the exact issue that you are experiencing?
    • Did you notice any recent system changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you encountered any error message?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

If you are having issues waking your PC from sleep, we suggest running the
    Power troubleshooter
    as an initial troubleshooting. Kindly follow these steps:

• Click on Start.
    • Type Troubleshoot, and then press Enter.
    • Under Find and fix other problems, click on Power.
    • Click on Run the troubleshooter button.
    • Follow the onscreen guide.

We will wait for your response.

Janeane Cru, Jul 16, 2018
  4. Arun B J Win User

Windows 10 randomly waking from hibernation

Hi,

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve the issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: Stop the Network from Waking Your PC

a. Press Windows key + X and select
    Device Manager.

b. In Device Manager, under
    Network Adapter,
    Right click and select properties.

c. Go to the Power Management tab. uncheck the box that says: "allow computer to turn off this device to save power".

d. you'll find an “Allow this device to wake the computer” check box, which you should uncheck.

Step2: Run the
    Power troubleshooter.

Windows 10 has a built-in troubleshooter to check and fix issues with power. I would suggest you to run this troubleshooter to check if the issue is with your Power.

Refer these steps:

• Press Windows key +X, select Control panel.
    • Change the view by option on the top right to Large icons.
    • Click on troubleshooting and click on the view all option on the left panel.
    • Run the Power troubleshooter.

And also refer the link below and check if it helps.

Windows 10 wakes randomly from hibernate

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Jul 16, 2018
Thema:

1. Help! Windows randomly does not wake from sleep. - Similar Threads - Help randomly does

2. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  3. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep: Recently my desktop has been waking itself from sleep from time to time, and yesterday night it started, rgb fans and all, right in front of my face at 1am. I have tried many things to fix it, including disabling wake timers in advanced power settings, disabling wake for...
  4. Windows randomly wakes itself from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  6. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc randomly waking from sleep: This HP desktop pc is continually waking when not in use and poser is set to 'sleep'.I do not understand the power setting options: "What do you want the pc to do when you press sleep?""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""" shut down"?Isn't it natural that I...
  7. pc randomly waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why does my laptop wake from sleep randomly?: Preface: My n key is double-typing for some reason. I'm doing my best to correct it, but if you see any words with extra ns please disregard them. #System Info I have a Dell G5 SE running Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.19041 Build 19041. Logitech G910 Orion Spark Keyboard...
  9. Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly

in Windows 10 Support
    Laptop wakes from sleep, randomly: I've had this Dell Inspiron i5577 for quite a while, and now, it's been waking up randomly at night. This morning I woke up to my computer on, well, sort of. It was on, the fans were loud, but the screen wasn't on. My RGB external keyboard was on too, but my mouse wasn't. I'm...
  10. Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows randomly freezes on waking from sleep: Windows will sometimes freeze when waking from sleep. When I wake Windows from sleep the screens turn on and I can see the mouse pointer but the rest of the screen is all black. The computer is completely unresponsive to keyboard inputs or mouse movement. Even hitting...