Windows 10: Help with a bunch of login things

Discus and support Help with a bunch of login things in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; I have a new HP laptop and was trying to set up the free internet security offered through my internet provider. In the process I somehow set up the... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by danm23, Apr 1, 2017.

1. danm23 Win User

Help with a bunch of login things

I have a new HP laptop and was trying to set up the free internet security offered through my internet provider. In the process I somehow set up the main admin account as someone else's email address.

Now when I turn my computer on it comes up with an email address which is not mine, and I can enter my password and it gets me into the computer, but obviously not into this other person's email account.

Any idea how to reverse this? It happened about two months ago and I feel like I've tried everything.

If there's anyone with any idea I'd greatly appreciate it, and can give more info if there's something else you'd like to know for clarification.

Thanks!

:)

danm23, Apr 1, 2017
  2. Ken Blake Win User

I cant print a bunch of things. I

Please answer all the following questions:

What is the "bunch of things" you can't print? Please be specific.

Can you print other things?

What program are you trying to print from when it fails? Does everything you are trying to print from that program fail?

Note that Google is a web site and a company, not a browser. It can't really be compared with Internet Explorer.

Ken Blake, Apr 1, 2017
  3. Ms Roman Win User
    I cant print a bunch of things. I

I am Ms. Roman

I cant print a bunch of things. I get a message "invalid Value for registry".

I get a message "create an association in the Default Programs Control Program.

I don't know how to do that! Im 74 years old!

I use Internet Explorer for my browser. Its not as intrusive as Google. Google asks a lot of information and I am a private person. I use Windows 10

Ms Roman, Apr 1, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

Hi damn23 and welcome to Tenforums.
    Why not create a new admin user the way you want it, copy all your data over to the new account, and then delete the old account?

simrick, Apr 1, 2017
  5. That's what I would do...fairly simple.

play2mefish, Apr 1, 2017
  6. danm23 Win User
    OK thank you, I will do that.

I'm not knowledgeable at all when it comes to such things, so I'm glad to hear of this simple fix.

danm23, Apr 1, 2017
  7. simrick Win User
    simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with a bunch of login things - Similar Threads - Help bunch login

2. I need help with this thing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with this thing: Can someone help me fix this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-this-thing/9fbc614f-2c04-453b-9af2-8e1bdd0acc19
  3. I need help with this thing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I need help with this thing: Can someone help me fix this computer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-need-help-with-this-thing/9fbc614f-2c04-453b-9af2-8e1bdd0acc19
  4. I need help with this thing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Need help things are missing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Need help things are missing: So I noticed that my search indexing was randomly turned off and when I tried to turn it back on my index was gone, i did rebuild but i dont have a progress bar so i dont know how long it will take. Also tried searching windows search service and when i click it the settings...
  6. Why did the update screw up a bunch of things? Firewall, programs, UAC....etc.

Why did the update screw up a bunch of things? Firewall, programs, UAC....etc.: So originally after a recent update to Win 10, it screwed up a bunch of things on my computer. For starters it erased ALL of my custom rules I had on the Windows Firewall. It also reset everything so anytime I start a program that goes online, it asks if its ok to do so. And...
  7. HELP NOW! Creepy thing!

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    HELP NOW! Creepy thing!: You might not believe me but i was playing Minecraft with my friend and i started hearing these screams and stuff after a little while a closed the game but i still heard the noise and i saw a notification saying " This came up during your game" or something like that then i...
  8. Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing.

Help with Gpedit.msc - Things missing.: Hi guys last week I followed a guide and enabled gpedit.msc on my laptop and it worked fine , i change a setting which was to disable power throttling. Anyways now im getting issues so i wish to disable it. However when i now go to gpedit.msc everything is missing and i cant...
  9. A bunch of things are not working properly on my pc, a bunch of corrupted files, DISM is...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    A bunch of things are not working properly on my pc, a bunch of corrupted files, DISM is...: I keep receiving this error when trying to use dism, I did sfc /scannow but it didn't find any problems.... please someone help me : This is the .log file https://we.tl/t-yaGVsvTohs [ATTACH]...
  10. "Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things

in Windows 10 Support
    "Your start menu isnt working" issue.. already tried a bunch of things: I am having some issues with my machine. It might be bad sectors on my system drive although ssd pro life says its 100%. Any way after a bunch of restarts my system is stable but some files got corrupted. Start menu interface and few other related things aren't working. sfc...