Windows 10: Help with adding Win 10x64 to duo boot Win 32 on other

Discus and support Help with adding Win 10x64 to duo boot Win 32 on other in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have a dual boot. Xp and Win 10. They are each on a different drive. I want to kill the XP and put a Win 10 x64 over it, keeping the 32.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ozstar, Nov 16, 2017.

1. ozstar Win User

Help with adding Win 10x64 to duo boot Win 32 on other

Hi,

I have a dual boot. Xp and Win 10.

They are each on a different drive.

I want to kill the XP and put a Win 10 x64 over it, keeping the 32.

What is the best way for me to install this please?

I have Win10 for a clean install on a USB.

Thanks

oz

:)

ozstar, Nov 16, 2017
  2. twodose Win User

HP printer driver PCL5 for HP 2300DN laserjet printer installs every day and will not stop...

With win 10x64 pro mine does the same thing, it installed it 36 times since clean install of win 10x64 on 03/15/16.

twodose, Nov 16, 2017
  3. Win 10 single language

Can i run win 10 32 bit on intel core 2 duo E6300 with 4GB ram,1GB graphics card?

hrushikeshgate, Nov 16, 2017
  4. topgundcp Win User

Just wipe out XP then install Windows 10 over it.

topgundcp, Nov 16, 2017
  5. ozstar Win User
    Well that was easy wasn't it! Okay.

Will the Win usb give the option toi choose the XP drive?

ozstar, Nov 16, 2017
  6. NavyLCDR New Member
    If you boot the computer from the USB flash drive, yes. You can also run setup.exe from the /Sources folder on the USB flash drive, select the custom install option when presented with it, and the next screen will list drives and partitions to install to.

NavyLCDR, Nov 16, 2017
  7. ozstar Win User
    The media Creation on the USB which I have used in others okay, says it can't work on this computer.

Would that be because the USB is x64 and I am trying to load into a 32?

The box itself is okay as it already has win 32 on it and it is a x64 machine.

ozstar, Nov 16, 2017
  8. NavyLCDR New Member

Are you booting from the USB flash drive, or running setup.exe from it from inside the existing Windows installation? You have to boot from the USB flash drive.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  9. ozstar Win User
    Strangely it won't boot to the USD device.

Can't see in Bios how to change to boot to USB. Only give HD and CDs as option.

In USB Config it does 'see' the USB tho'.

I get a message on booting Insert Boot device and press key..

ozstar, Nov 17, 2017
  10. NavyLCDR New Member
    What did you use to create the USB flash drive with? I'm betting on RUFUS. The message you are getting would indicate it's in the wrong format. It needs to be FAT32 with the partition on the flash drive marked as "active". I'm willing to bet your flash drive is probably NTFS.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  11. ozstar Win User
    Well finally it worked.. showed USB as Boot #1 and off we went however..

It booted to Win however when it asks for Reg or Don't have #, I choose that and then Win Prox64 but it comes back to the Reg# partb again. Tried a few times.

I will try and hook up the drive with Win 10 x32 on it and it may find that Reg # when I install again.

ozstar, Nov 17, 2017
  12. ozstar Win User
    No, even after I reconnect the Win 10 x32 drive, it comes back to the Enter Reg# or Don't Have etc.

ozstar, Nov 17, 2017
  13. NavyLCDR New Member

All you need to do is reboot the computer without the USB flash drive inserted. You set the boot order in BIOS/UEFI to USB first, so it will boot into the USB flash drive first whenever it is inserted. The second stage of Windows 10 setup needs to boot from the SSD/HDD that the setup files were copied to during the first stage. To make that happen, remove the USB flash drive and restart the computer.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
  14. ozstar Win User
    Okay.. All done! Set up complete.
    Just hope it can find the Reg# of the 32 I have on the SSD !

ozstar, Nov 17, 2017
  15. NavyLCDR New Member
    No. It activates by retrieving the digital license for Windows 10 for that computer stored on Microsoft Activation Servers.

NavyLCDR, Nov 17, 2017
Thema:

1. Help with adding Win 10x64 to duo boot Win 32 on other - Similar Threads - Help adding 10x64

2. Trojon win 32 ocatawa

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojon win 32 ocatawa: الرجاء مساعدتي علي إثر و جود هذا الفايروس هل هناك من وضع يده علي ملفات الشخصية كالصور والفيديوهات https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/trojon-win-32-ocatawa/ca5e9eef-c14e-4c33-8f68-b7944a883951
  3. Trojon win 32 wacataca

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Trojon win 32 wacataca: Salut tous le monde ....Mon pc infecter de veruse trenjon win 32/wacataca et le pc comporte des donnes sencible comme mes photo et vidéo ....Est ce qui 'il ya un risque de quelq'un mes ça mains sur ses données et mercie infiniment ......
  4. Black Screen, Win 10x64 "Keyboard Error"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black Screen, Win 10x64 "Keyboard Error": Hello, I'm asking about a black screen error, and it is not "of death" since windows does boot past it. So, apologies in advance if I'm in the wrong forum group. So, here's the issue... over the last few weeks I've noticed a black screen that appears during boot up and stays...
  5. Win 10x64 WU access denied problem

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10x64 WU access denied problem: Hello, I got WU error and can't change the group policy either, got access denied, regarding WU. How to proceed? Screenshot of WU error. I don't have any organization, it's a home PC. I installed a cheap game and it shut down my WU somehow in registry. My own mistake and...
  6. Create a local account Win 10x64 Pro

in Windows 10 Customization
    Create a local account Win 10x64 Pro: 1. I wish to change fr**** user account. I do not use Hotmail or Outlook. 2. I wish to keep all the settings etc stored under my username which is the first 5 letters of my Hotmail account. 3. Lastly, I wish to terminate my Hotmail account - no advice required. My...
  7. not a valid win 32

in Windows 10 Gaming
    not a valid win 32: hi guys I've got some really big problem right now because I've purchased laptop inspiron 14 5482 i7 I have downloaded all the games I need and want then I notice the battery draining fast then I solve it by reseting the pc but then after that all the games I had played...
  8. Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added SSD with dual boot Win & Linux. Help remove Win 7 from 2nd drive: My PC had a single drive running Win7. I disconnected it, added a SSD, then installed a Win10 and Linux dual boot. Now I want the Terabyte of space and files on the former single drive. My understand is if I power-up with 2 bootable Win drives, bad things can happen. I'm...
  9. Win 10 32 bit

Win 10 32 bit: I'm having issues with installing windows 10 on a system. It has an m3a78-em motherboard and I've been able to boot an unactivated copy of win 32 (but couldn't update, meaning that the windows store is unavailable, which is necessary). This PC is for my little brother, and he...
  10. Activate Win 10x64 on same machine as Win 10 x32 as dual boot

Activate Win 10x64 on same machine as Win 10 x32 as dual boot: HI, I have Win 10 x 32 activated for a while and now have Win 10 x 64 on another drive in the same both as a dual boot. The new 64 install has just asked me to Activate it. I need access to the original x 32 version as it has my programs, shortcuts on it so I know...