Windows 10: Help with black screen and date?

Discus and support Help with black screen and date? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I am a newbie here and looking for some help. Last night I was hit with some spamware/adware etc.... (My Kaspersky was switched off) With... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Neil23, Jun 4, 2016.

1. Neil23 Win User

Help with black screen and date?

Hi,

I am a newbie here and looking for some help. Last night I was hit with some spamware/adware etc.... (My Kaspersky was switched off) With Malwarebytes and Kaspersky all finally up and running but it has left me with some residual problems.

1. When I switch my computer on and log in I get a black screen and the only way I can get access (found this on search on my tablet last night) - is to open task manager and enter explorer.exe and then my full profile with desktop icons opens up...

2. The date on my computer is incorrect (I don't know if this connected to the above. It is basically an hour forward - although the time zone is set correctly as London etc.

Can anyone advise how I can 1) get the start up to work correctly and 2) get the time date set correctly

ps... and I get adsforeverybody popping up from time to tim.. (that's new)

Many thanks

:)

Neil23, Jun 4, 2016

2. Help! After login black screen with start and search not responding and flashing.

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

We it's frustrating when things don't work as expected. Let me assist you to resolve the issue.

As per the description I understand that you have issues in accessing the device with black screen after log-in screen on Windows 10.

This issue might have occurred due to corrupted/ outdated display adapter drivers on Windows 10.

I suggest you to refer to the steps in the below Microsoft article about resolving the issues with black screen before and after sign-in and check if it helps.

Refer: Troubleshoot black screen problems

As you facing black screen issues after Sign-in, click on Black screen and signed in to Windows 10.

Also refer the below post replied by Sharath Srinivasa
    on August 7, 2015 and check if it helps.

Black screen after upgrading to Windows 10

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue to assist you further.

Rakesh Narayanaswamy, Jun 4, 2016
  3. Help! After login black screen with start and search not responding and flashing.

Rakesh,

Before requesting help I read all the threads and performed all the actions. More than once I have uninstalled the driver for my video card. I still have a problem. Did you look at the YouTube video of my issue? What should I do next?

MummkeyBoy, Jun 4, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

RE : adsforeverybody popping up

Have a look at this answer given by member simrick starting at post #10............
    Adsforeverybody Pop up

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  5. davidhk Win User
    Re : Can anyone advise how I can 1) get the start up to work correctly and 2) get the time date set correctly

Run a system restore.
    Pick a date that is about a few days ago when you did NOT have these problems as your restore point.
    System Restore Windows 10

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  6. Neil23 Win User
    Thanks for above.. I think the adware has now gone.. system restore was a port of call BUT having only recently installed Windows 10 I didn't realise that you have to set up restore points for it to work... thinking it was automatic.... therefore no restore points to restore to....

Neil23, Jun 4, 2016
  7. davidhk Win User
    No guarantees.......................
    Run a Repair Install.
    It allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product required.
    Activation is automatic.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

Note : some find the tutorial a bit complex/intimidating. If so, post back. I have a more simplified method.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  8. Neil23 Win User

Thanks David - does that leave desktop shortcuts etc? when it says it 'resets everything' is this only referring to Windows 10?

Neil23, Jun 4, 2016
  9. davidhk Win User
    Repair install will not touch your desktop shortcuts, or anything that is on the desktop.
    It is just repairing your system.

Use Step #4 : To do a repair install of Windows 10 with an ISO file

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  10. Neil23 Win User
    ps this looks like a 'bit of a pain' as I will then need to download and reinstall a list of programs....

Neil23, Jun 4, 2016
  11. Neil23 Win User
    Lunch calls and then on to it again..

Neil23, Jun 4, 2016
  12. davidhk Win User
    Please read my post #5 again....................................

Run a Repair Install.
    It allows you to keep your files, settings and apps.
    No product required.
    Activation is automatic.
    Repair Install Windows 10 with an In-place Upgrade

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  13. Neil23 Win User

Sadly the autorun comes up with an error when trying to install the Windows 10 from ISo

The file 'autorun.dll' could not be loaded or is corrupt.
    Setup cannot continue. Error code is [0x7E]

Neil23, Jun 4, 2016
  14. davidhk Win User
    I apologize.
    I do not know how to fix autorun.dll issue.
    Pease kindly wait a bit for others to come along.
    Good luck.

davidhk, Jun 4, 2016
  15. Neil23 Win User
    The system restore didn't work... as part of the restore/reboot requires a login and then the blank screen is still there...

Neil23, Jun 5, 2016
Thema:

1. Help with black screen and date? - Similar Threads - Help black screen

2. Black screen help

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Black screen help: Ok so I accidently shut down my PC right as it started an update when I turned it back on I only saw a black screen with blinking cursor, I was able to get into bios to have it look at my thumb drive to reinstall windows, it wouldn't boot from that drive it did same thing, so...
  3. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen help: Ok so I accidently shut down my PC right as it started an update when I turned it back on I only saw a black screen with blinking cursor, I was able to get into bios to have it look at my thumb drive to reinstall windows, it wouldn't boot from that drive it did same thing, so...
  4. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black screen help: I have a Toshiba laptop that is a bit old. It has windows 10. Are there any short cut keys that will get my screen back up and running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-help/25f59d54-41b0-45cb-8b64-80e3f69dbf02
  6. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black screen help: I have a Toshiba laptop that is a bit old. It has windows 10. Are there any short cut keys that will get my screen back up and running. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/black-screen-help/25f59d54-41b0-45cb-8b64-80e3f69dbf02
  7. Black screen help

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. Help with black screens

Help with black screens: Hello, I've been getting black screens with my two month old computer, most often when I'm switching between something like a game and something non-intensive like google chrome. Notably, there is usually a black bar that flickers at the top of my monitor just before the...
  9. Help with a black screen

Help with a black screen: Around 10 hours ago i shut down my computer from the power button at the back of my desktop. Later on when i opened it i saw a kind of update followed by a blue rectangle saying to please wait, sorrounded by a grey frame of about 3 cm wide i use windows 10, i pressed...
  10. Black Screen Help

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Black Screen Help: After I upgraded windows 10 after windows loading screen i get a black screen and my loptop restart help please ? i dont have cd or anything else 9435