Windows 10: Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10

Discus and support Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Got a BSOD with this particular message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) first time I see it. My computer has lately been crashing randomly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Wolfgang421, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10

Got a BSOD with this particular message SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (fileinfo.sys) first time I see it. My computer has lately been crashing randomly lately and I cant understand why. There isn't much I can say about it because I'am not so good at understanding computers I know some stuff but bot enough to find where the source of the problem is.

:)

Wolfgang421, Jun 15, 2016
  2. RThorman Win User

"Unexpecte_Store_Exception", but a couple of times it's been "No_Boot_Device" and the most recent one was "Critical_Process_Died"

I occasionally had the BSoD when Windows 10 first came out. but now, I've had way too many. It has happened to me at least 15 times in the past week and 6 of them were today.
    This is getting ridiculous. Most of them have been the "Unexpecte_Store_Exception", but a couple of times it's been "No_Boot_Device" and the most recent one was "Critical_Process_Died". And the thing is, I wasn't even doing anything when some of them
    happened. One time it happened right after my PC restarted from another BSoD. Can someone please help me??

OT:

Windows 10 BSoD

RThorman, Jun 15, 2016
  3. __AngeL__ Win User
    Windows 10 BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Me too. I have a MSI GT72 2QD with Windows 10 and recently (since yesterday) i have the BSOD with irql_not_less_or_equal.

It happens the first time you power on the laptop. If you turn off and then turn on the BSOD appears but if you restart it doesn't.

I try to set the key "\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\WaitToKillServiceTimeout" from 5 to 20 but it doesn't work.

What can I do???? PLEASE HELP!

__AngeL__, Jun 15, 2016
  4. Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10

Windows 10 is software just like its predecessors, so from time to time you will still find a few things going wrong. This is not unexpected for such a complex piece of software, so we’ve put together this short guide to help you get back up and running if you ever see the infamous Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) in Windows 10. See also: how to upgrade from Windows XP to Windows 10.

There's no magic bullet solution that fixes all ills, but if you work through the following guidelines you should be able to diagnose, and hopefully fix, your particular issue. We think that Windows 10 is an excellent version of the OS, with a lot to offer - check out our 10 best features in Windows 10 article to see some of them - and it will just take a little time for all the kinks to be worked out.

jordandevin, Jun 15, 2016
  5. axe0 New Member
    Hi Wolfgang421,

Welcome to the 10forums *Smile

Please remove these programs and revert back the changes they made using a restore point prior the use of them
    Code: Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare Public Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 8 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 8 Public Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 2 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 2 Public Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Booster 3 Public Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Malware Fighter Public Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller Public:Start Menu\Programs\IObit Uninstaller Public Start Menu\Programs\Smart Defrag Public:Start Menu\Programs\Smart Defrag Public Start Menu\Programs\Smart Defrag 4 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Smart Defrag 4 Public[/quote] Software from IObit can cause a system to become unbootable, mostly due to Advanced SystemCare.
    The IObit Malware Fighter is just a duplicate of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but even as a duplicate it is not even close to Malwarebytes quality.
    Driver update programs basically install drivers that are not the right one for anyones system.
    Smart Defrag is like Advanced Systemcare, less worse though but it stil can make a system unbootable.

Please upload the memory.dmp in the directory %systemroot%. You need to upload it to a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, google drive, onedrive or something similar and post a share link in your reply.
    The DM Log Collector tool copies minidumps located in %systemroot%\minidump, but as there couldn't be a minidump created I would like to see the memory.dmp
    Code: Event[11664]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2016-06-16T11:17:37.999 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: USER-PC Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote]

6. Software from IObit can cause a system to become unbootable, mostly due to Advanced SystemCare.
    The IObit Malware Fighter is just a duplicate of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware but even as a duplicate it is not even close to Malwarebytes quality.
    Driver update programs basically install drivers that are not the right one for anyones system.
    Smart Defrag is like Advanced Systemcare, less worse though but it stil can make a system unbootable.

Please upload the memory.dmp in the directory %systemroot%. You need to upload it to a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, google drive, onedrive or something similar and post a share link in your reply.
    The DM Log Collector tool copies minidumps located in %systemroot%\minidump, but as there couldn't be a minidump created I would like to see the memory.dmp
    Code: Event[11664]: Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date: 2016-06-16T11:17:37.999 Event ID: 1005 Task: N/A Level: Error Opcode: N/A Keyword: Classic User: N/A User Name: N/A Computer: USER-PC Description: Unable to produce a minidump file from the full dump file.[/quote] [/quote] Where can I find the path to %systemroot%

7. axe0 New Member
    Enter that in the address balk in Windows Explorer and you see where it leads you to *Smile

8. Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10

File Explorer can't locate it :/.

9. axe0 New Member
    That is odd, it should go to the Windows folder in the Windows partition.

Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Diagnostics Test
    Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10 [​IMG]
    System File Check
    Please try following:
    • Open an admin command prompt
    • Copy/paste "sfc/scannow" (without quotes) and press enter
    • When it finished reboot your system
    • Open again an admin command prompt
    • Enter sfc/scannow again
    If sfc/scannow says "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them" after the second SFC, please upload the cbs.log file located at %systemroot%\Logs\CBS\, if the file is too large try a 3rd party uploader like dropbox, onedrive, google drive, mediafire etc.
    System File Check(SFC a.k.a. Windows Resource Protection) needs to have your system rebooted in order for sfc to try to fix the problems that it finds.

Make a photo of SFC and post it.

axe0, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10

1. Help with BSOD first time it happens on Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Help BSOD happens

2. BSOD on first time startup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on first time startup: Hello! Currently, I am having an issues withh blue screening when the computer first boots, or when the computer is idle for a very long time with varying stopcodes. I am currently on a custom PC build and the windows build version is 22631.3447. The OneDrive link I will be...
  3. BSOD on first time startup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on first time startup: Hello! Currently, I am having an issues withh blue screening when the computer first boots, or when the computer is idle for a very long time with varying stopcodes. I am currently on a custom PC build and the windows build version is 22631.3447. The OneDrive link I will be...
  4. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 for the first time: Hey, so I installed windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop it's c660-12t. And now I'm Trying to boot it but it's taking more than 45 minutes to boot up and it's my first time booting so is that normal, and the windows logo disappeared so there as a black screen2gb ddr3 ram300 gb...
  5. Windows 10 for the first time

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 for the first time: Hey, so I installed windows 10 on my Toshiba laptop it's c660-12t. And now I'm Trying to boot it but it's taking more than 45 minutes to boot up and it's my first time booting so is that normal, and the windows logo disappeared so there as a black screen2gb ddr3 ram300 gb...
  6. PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC just got a BSOD for the first time. Any help?: Same question as the Subject line. Was playing Doom Eternal when I went to mess with some video settings and I got kicked to a BSOD message. Any help is appreciated. My DMP file is linked below. https://filebin.net/jtdy9dh5n4npzx5d...
  7. Win 10 first time installer, help?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Win 10 first time installer, help?: Probably dumb questions but I'm a little worried about downloading the ms tool, is it possible just to download win 10 iso? I don't want it to try and install win 10 on this PC, but I'm trying to make an install disk for my new PC. Also, worried about all the reports of...
  8. Keys function change, not the first time it happens

Keys function change, not the first time it happens: It started by the shift and windows button not working, and then things like with caps lock it's without caps lock, pressing on anything opens a google page, space bar removes every text, second time i resetted it typed symbols instead of letters, i tried fn + numlock, i dont...
  9. Keys function change, not the first time it happens

Keys function change, not the first time it happens: It started by the shift and windows button not working, and then things like with caps lock it's without caps lock, pressing on anything opens a google page, space bar removes every text, second time i resetted it typed symbols instead of letters, i tried fn + numlock, i dont...
  10. I wish it was the first time that this happened

I wish it was the first time that this happened: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/redditForSoccer [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/egvpez/i_wish_it_was_the_first_time_that_this_happened/