Windows 10: Help with creating a system image backup

Discus and support Help with creating a system image backup in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; I already replied to that previously. I would buy a new SSD. The point was to be able to restore my old installation of windows on the SSD instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Cerawy, Sep 3, 2017.

1. NavyLCDR New Member

Help with creating a system image backup

Perhaps in some years there will be software that does it all in one step. But for now those of us that do backups have our system images saved, and we have a rescue USB flash drive or DVD saved that we can boot our computers from in order to restore the backup image that we have saved. And some of us have even combined our rescue USB flash drives and the system image we have saved onto a single hard drive that we can both boot from and has the image on it to restore our system from. It's not a waste of time for us. Step 1 - boot from rescue USB flash drive or DVD. Step 2 - restore the backup image to the new SSD. That's the way even the huge corporations do it - they have backups of the data, and they have separate recovery programs that they have to run when they need to restore the backup. Your issue is that you refuse to create the USB flash drive or DVD used for step 1.

I agree on this one.

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2017
  2. RolandJS Win User

If I understand correctly, OP has a good Macrium Reflect image on flash drives - excellent! All that is needed is one other flash drive to make the Macrium Reflect Rescue Media boot -- or do as I did: also make a DVD boot in case USB doesn't boot when needed. Re-image onto the new SSD, and all is ready to go.

RolandJS, Sep 11, 2017
  3. cereberus Win User
    Problem is OP does not seem to understand despite explanations. Needs to read the tutorial and view one of many yiutube guides I thinj.

cereberus, Sep 11, 2017
  4. NavyLCDR New Member

And you need to quit replying on your phone, I thinj. *Wink Especially if you are diving.
    driving. *ROFLMAO2

NavyLCDR, Sep 11, 2017
  5. RolandJS Win User
    My keyboard and my fingers do not always cooperate with each other -- I often have to re-read before posting reply.

RolandJS, Sep 11, 2017
  6. Cerawy Win User
    I found a solution, use aomei backup instead of macrium, its a simple program thats easy to use and it works.

Cerawy, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Help with creating a system image backup - Similar Threads - Help creating system

2. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  3. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create A System Image Backup: I'm trying to create a system image backup of my Windows 10 machine in case something goes wrong with one of its components, and unfortunately it says "Backup failed. Not enough disk space.". This is despite the fact that my external hard drive has 2.34 TB of free disk space,...
  4. Create A System Image Backup

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Create a backup system image

Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  6. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Create a backup system image: Having a real issue with creating a backup system image on my wife's laptop.The last one was created January 23, 2022 with no problems but we have tried about five times and it completes to about 97% and then stalls. Looking at it, the backup is shown as still working but we...
  7. Create a backup system image

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Unable to create a system image backup

Unable to create a system image backup: I just updated my Windows 10 version to the May update today after the new update showed up in my windows updates. After installing the new Windows 10 May update I tried to make a system image of my hard drive onto my external 1TB external hard drive but I keep getting an...
  9. Create backup system image

Create backup system image: Trying to back up my hard drive as a "system image". I see the option in the videos, but when I click on Settings, Backup, the "system image" option is not there. It just says "save these files" and lists a bunch of data files. How to create a system image? The Microsoft...
  10. Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?

Can I create system image backup on a system image backup?: When i first installed Windows 10, and had all the drivers running, and minimal apps installed, i created a system image backup at that point, so if one day something goes wrong, and all else fails, i can restore to that point in time. This is backed up on an HDD, and we...