Windows 10: Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro

Discus and support Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hey guys, How can I re-enable this checkbox? I haven't been able to find any info on getting the checkbox re-enabled in 10 pro. [img] 35832 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by c0ke543, Dec 31, 2015.

1. c0ke543 Win User

Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro

Hey guys,

How can I re-enable this checkbox? I haven't been able to find any info on getting the checkbox re-enabled in 10 pro.

Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro [​IMG]

:)

c0ke543, Dec 31, 2015

2. Defering Feature Upgrades

How do I defer Feature or Version upgrades?

Advanced Option Settings 'Defer feature updates' is greyed and obviously won't work at present

(Windows 10 Pro)

GeoffBrannan, Dec 31, 2015
  3. David Haz Win User
    After Windows 10 Creator's update, remote desktop is disabled while on "Welcome" screen

Hi Craig,

If you are running Windows 10 Pro, you may be able to defer upgrades in Windows 10. However, if you are running Windows 10 Home, you won't be able to defer upgrades.

When you defer upgrades, new Windows features won't be downloaded and installed on your device for months. Deferring upgrades does not affect security updates.

You may defer upgrades by going to Settings > Update & security
    > Windows Update, then click Advanced options. From there you can click the check box for deferring feature updates.

If you have further questions, feel free to ask us.

David Haz, Dec 31, 2015
  4. c0ke543 Win User

Hi All I figured it out. I had disabled this via registry when I was disabling some privacy stuff. However, when I undid that change.

Shown here:
    Windows Update - Defer Upgrades in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

The dialog was still grayed out. The fix is to check for windows updates and this will re-enable the checkbox. Not sure why it waits until the next update. Doesn't make any sense to me.

c0ke543, Dec 31, 2015
Thema:

1. Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro - Similar Threads - Help defer upgrade

2. Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Did Microsoft remove the defer upgrade option for Windows 10 Pro?: It simply gone here. What happened? submitted by /u/floating-hammock [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/hzi6bc/did_microsoft_remove_the_defer_upgrade_option_for/
  3. Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Pro v1903 missing "Defer Updates" option if value was set when upgraded: If you had a non-zero value set for the "defer feature updates" option in Windows 10 Pro prior to upgrading to v1903, that option no longer appears in the "Advanced Options" Windows Update settings section after the upgrade. A number of people have noticed this. Is this being...
  4. Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't Defer Feature Updates in v1903 Windows 10 Pro?: How do I defer Feature Updates only in v1903? I used to be able to defer these for up to 365 days. I only see these options: [img] 135380
  5. Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Questions about deferring a feature update in Windows 10 Pro Windows Update Settings: Due to the current issues with the October 2018 Update rollout, I want to defer this feature update for two months (this is the first time since 2015 that I don't want one of these updates right away). Yesterday I set the Feature Update setting to defer for 60 days. But 60...
  6. Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?

Defer upgrades greyed out; how to set it back?: Hi, Using Windows 10 Pro My defer upgrades option is turned on, but set greyed out. How can I change it again? The registry key is ok (https://www.tenforums.com/tutorials/2...dows-10-a.html) And this (Help with defer upgrade setting on Windows 10 Pro) didn't help...
  7. Deferring Upgrades Question

Deferring Upgrades Question: In Windows Update > Advanced Options > there used to be an option to "Defer Upgrades" , but it is gone now. Any idea where it went? On the option to "Defer Upgrades": I would rather defer any build upgrade until a time that I can supervise the install, and I don't...
  8. Windows updated by checking the defer upgrades

Windows updated by checking the defer upgrades: I was trying to update to anniversary update but it's not updating until i checked the defer upgrade the update works now, so why is it defer upgrades worked opposite? 94358
  9. Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?

Windows 10 Update and Defer Upgrades?: I reinstalled windows 10 fresh because I upgraded my Dell 3147 from a slow 5400 rpm HD to a faster 8gb 5400 rpm SSHD ( yes its faster for sure) Anyway I went to Windows update and now found "Defer Upgrades" will this stop the driver updates for a while? How long if it...
  10. Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option

Meaning of the "Defer upgrades" option: Hi In the "Advanced options" of "Windows Update" there is the "Defer upgrades" option. If I select, what happens? Thanks Bye 8161