Windows 10: Help with external mic.

Discus and support Help with external mic. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop with one jack in it and it shows a headset symbol on top with a mic attached to it, I don't know if its a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by AkkiUppal, Aug 28, 2018.

1. AkkiUppal Win User

Help with external mic.

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7000 Gaming Laptop with one jack in it and it shows a headset symbol on top with a mic attached to it, I don't know if its a combined jack or not because my mic is not working, I bought new Razer Electra V2 Headset and the headphones are perfect but the external mic is not working, it doesnt show on the recording devices either, please help, I don't know what to do.

:)

AkkiUppal, Aug 28, 2018
  2. fireberd Win User

USB Mic Problems.

The next step is what I suggested originally. Try it in a friend's PC or take it to Best Buy and ask them to try it one of their PC's. Have to confirm the mic is working OK.

fireberd, Aug 28, 2018
  3. Using external mic on the N95

I've just bought an N95 and have been trying to connect an external (Shure) mic with a 3.5mm connection. When I insert it it is detected by the phone, but the only three options are Headphones, TV Out and Music Stand. Whichever I select the phone reverts
    to using the internal mic.

I'd like to use it to record sessions with my band, and don't see why this shouldn't be possible - anyone got any suggestions??

Thanks in advance!

Rob

robpercival, Aug 28, 2018
  4. Help with external mic.

External Mic (TECKNET 7.1 GAMING HEADSET) Problems

Hi Lyall,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Mic that is automatically set to mute, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

This issue might occur due to a sound card issue. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your sound card driver to resolve it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Aug 28, 2018
Thema:

Help with external mic.

1. Help with external mic. - Similar Threads - Help external mic

2. Extern mic issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Extern mic issues: External mic won't pick up audio.It's a headphone set. Mic works fine in other devices.Audio works fine just the mic is the problem. So it's not the jack.Computer only wants to pick up internal mic even when I have set everything to the headphone mic.Yes drivers updatedI've...
  3. Extern mic issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Extern mic issues: External mic won't pick up audio.It's a headphone set. Mic works fine in other devices.Audio works fine just the mic is the problem. So it's not the jack.Computer only wants to pick up internal mic even when I have set everything to the headphone mic.Yes drivers updatedI've...
  4. EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME

in Windows 10 Customization
    EXTERNAL MIC VOLUME: HOW TO TURN VOLUME UP ON EXTERNAL MIC CMTECK https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic-volume/cb651330-bcca-4222-bfdc-2ee549fbbf64
  5. External Mic

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Mic: I updated windows 10 a couple weeks ago and since then my external mics have stopped working, I keep looking up the answer to this question and could never find a straight-forward answer. I dont have windows 10 activated and i was wondering if that is the issue. submitted by...
  6. External Mic with Phone

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External Mic with Phone: Have Your Phone 1.20101.99.0, with Samsung G930 and a BLUE mic. Phone is connected to Win10 PC with Bluetooth. How can I use Bluemic with phone dialer on computer? Microphone Apps in Setting does not list the YourPhone App to allow microphone. Thanks....
  7. External Mic.

External Mic.: How do I record with an external Mic. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-mic/588c55f0-e7ba-4d38-8d68-f33fa095b9e8
  8. External Mic not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External Mic not working: I have an external microphone that was working perfectly a few days ago but now has no input at all, I've made sure it has access and everything to all the apps, I've run a troubleshoot but to no avail... Any help? submitted by /u/dapiggywig56 [link] [comments]...
  9. My external mic is not working. Pls Help !!!!!

in Windows 10 Customization
    My external mic is not working. Pls Help !!!!!: Hey Guys, My External Mic is not working. My Headphone sound is working but my mic is not working, pls give your suggestions. Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-external-mic-is-not-working-pls-help/8404332e-6a3b-4cab-9fe8-bd4156c0859e
  10. External Mic not working

External Mic not working: I have an Aser Aspire V 15 Nitro - Black Edition and I am running the most recent version of windows 10. Recently I got a new headset with a built-in microphone. When I plug them in the headphones work perfectly, however it is obvious that my computer is not using the built...