Windows 10: Help with flashing Windows

Discus and support Help with flashing Windows in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I've been searching the web and this forum for a few days now and I couldn't find the solution to my problems so I'm here in hope of finding the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by aShai, Aug 4, 2015.

1. aShai Win User

Help with flashing Windows

I've been searching the web and this forum for a few days now and I couldn't find the solution to my problems so I'm here in hope of finding the solutions.

1. Whenever I open a window (e.g. downloads, etc.) the window flashes open and then closes and then reopens. It's pretty crazy. Sometimes when I close the window it will close and then immediately reopen. Windows 10 has been a headache so far. I tried all the troubleshooting (Sfc /scannow) and still this problem persist. I even uninstalled programs that I thought were causing these problem (e.g. Autohotkey, StrokesPlus) again the problems were still there. This only happens with CabinetWClass all other windows seems to work fine.

2. I can't DnD files in the same folder to rearrange the order. I didn't have any of these problem before "upgrading" to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

Thanks for any insight.

:)

aShai, Aug 4, 2015
  2. ppc_1986 Win User

I had the same problem. Go to folder options on view tab and untick the "Open each folder in its own window"

ppc_1986, Aug 4, 2015
  3. aShai33 Win User

I've been searching the web and this forum for a few days now and I couldn't find the solution to my problems so I'm here in hope of finding the solutions.

1. Whenever I open a window (e.g. downloads, etc.) the window flashes open and then closes and then reopens. It's pretty crazy. Sometimes when I close the window it will close and then immediately reopen. Windows 10 has been a headache so far. I tried all the
    troubleshooting (Sfc /scannow) and still this problem persist. I even uninstalled programs that I thought were causing these problem (e.g. Autohotkey, StrokesPlus) again the problems were still there. This only happens with CabinetWClass all other windows
    seems to work fine.

2. I can't DnD files in the same folder to rearrange the order. I didn't have any of these problem before "upgrading" to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 7 Ultimate 64.

Thanks for any insight.

aShai33, Aug 4, 2015
  4. Antilope Win User

It's probably not this, but have you tried a different mouse to eliminate the possibility of mouse button or mouse driver problems?

Antilope, Aug 4, 2015
  5. aShai Win User
    Thanks for the input, but that didn't work.

aShai, Aug 4, 2015
  6. Jati Win User
    I had that problem cause from AVG IS. Have to uninstall and re-download the latest from vendor and reinstalled.
    Now the screen stop flashing.

Jati, Aug 4, 2015
  7. aShai Win User
    I don't have AVG installed ...

aShai, Aug 4, 2015
  8. Help with flashing Windows

I am guessing that since you say you have been searching this for days that you have rebooted your computer. I only say this because I had a similar problem wherein my folders were continually refreshing and a reboot fixed my problem.

dbthespian, Aug 4, 2015
  9. aShai Win User
    About a billion times ...

aShai, Aug 4, 2015
  10. I'm having a similar issue. Every 30-60 seconds a small window will flash in the corner of the screen. It comes and goes to quickly to identify what it is. I tried disabling all the non-microsoft stuff in the startup portion of msconfig. Nothing. Does anyone know how to fix this. It is really annoying!

ericedelman, Aug 9, 2015
  11. aShai Win User
    I took the plunge and did a clean install ...

aShai, Aug 9, 2015
  12. Did that fix the issue? My issue corresponds to the following message in the event viewer:

The server {79701C41-C345-47EC-B57C-02C39A698A0D} did not register with DCOM within the required timeout

ericedelman, Aug 10, 2015
  13. aShai Win User

Yeah the clean install fixed my issue.

aShai, Aug 10, 2015
  14. I did a scan with Malwarebytes and found some adware had found its way in. Removal of the adware files seems to have fixed my issue.

ericedelman, Aug 10, 2015
  15. aShai Win User
    Great, maybe you should also do a sfc /scannow as admin to make sure your files are in order.

aShai, Aug 10, 2015
Thema:

1. Help with flashing Windows - Similar Threads - Help flashing

2. Help with USB Flash Drive playing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with USB Flash Drive playing: I want to watch a musical that is on a USB. There are 2 acts. Act I plays fine, Act II starts but then 6 seconds in it stops. How do I get Act II to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-flash-drive-playing/62c49a05-8c7f-4d2e-8b48-01116d2212ce
  3. Help with USB Flash Drive playing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with USB Flash Drive playing: I want to watch a musical that is on a USB. There are 2 acts. Act I plays fine, Act II starts but then 6 seconds in it stops. How do I get Act II to play? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-with-usb-flash-drive-playing/62c49a05-8c7f-4d2e-8b48-01116d2212ce
  4. Hp stream, Forgot password, not enough storage to reset computer, and no USB flash drive! help!

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Hp stream, Forgot password, not enough storage to reset computer, and no USB flash drive! help!: I got this computer from a friend, but he didn’t tell me the password or anything about it. My friend moved away, and now I don’t know the password! help!...
  5. Hp stream, Forgot password, not enough storage to reset computer, and no USB flash drive! help!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hp stream, Forgot password, not enough storage to reset computer, and no USB flash drive! help!: I got this computer from a friend, but he didn’t tell me the password or anything about it. My friend moved away, and now I don’t know the password! help!...
  6. Hp stream, Forgot password, not enough storage to reset computer, and no USB flash drive! help!

7. Please help me fix my pc lock screen flashing blue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help me fix my pc lock screen flashing blue: My pc was working fine until I downloaded cs:go from steam. After maybe a hour on cs:go I exited out and shut down my pc to grab some food. When I came back and started it up, the lock screen flashed blue then reset to default lock screen everytime I left clicked or pressed...
  8. Please help me fix my pc lock screen flashing blue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Please help me fix my pc lock screen flashing blue: My pc was working fine until I downloaded cs:go from steam. After maybe a hour on cs:go I exited out and shut down my pc to grab some food. When I came back and started it up, the lock screen flashed blue then reset to default lock screen everytime I left clicked or pressed...
  9. Please help me fix my pc lock screen flashing blue

10. Bios flash help.

Bios flash help.: Windows update flashed my bios now it will not boot. The power light comes on and has black screen. Is there anything I can do? Will you replace my computer? Or am I SOL? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bios-flash-help/78a94137-234e-4f55-8841-0fd240dcf5be