Windows 10: Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7

Discus and support Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi I have three computers in my house that I want on a homegroup to share docs and printers. Two are on Windows 10 and one is on Windows 7. They are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by phillycodehound, Oct 5, 2016.

1. Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7

Hi I have three computers in my house that I want on a homegroup to share docs and printers. Two are on Windows 10 and one is on Windows 7. They are all on the same network. I'm having a devil of a time getting them to share stuff. Help!!!!! Thanks in advance.

:)

phillycodehound, Oct 5, 2016
  2. rontiara Win User

HOMEGROUP WITH NEW WINDOWS 10

Mohan Suryanarayan:

The two articles you cited are for Win8 and Win7 only. I just upgraded my laptop to Win10, but my main PC is still on Win7.

I have tried leaving the homegroup on both computers, then setting up a new one on the laptop. since it's Win10. I carefully copied the password, but the Win7 computer doesn't recognize that homegroup, although it tells me I've joined a homegroup.

It would be wonderful if someone would post the steps for networking Win7 and Win10 computers.

rontiara, Oct 5, 2016
  3. Homegroup does not work in Win 10

The two desktops were upgrades from Win7 to Win10 (the free upgrade MS offered), both done the same time, same way. The one (Desktop 1) works fine with Homegroups, the other doesn't. The laptop came installed with Win10.

David Rudden, Oct 5, 2016
Thema:

Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7

1. Help with homegroups between two Win10 and one Win7 - Similar Threads - Help homegroups between

2. Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Win10 licensed Win7 system move to win10 help: Inherited an Optiplex 3040 with a win10 license and a "downgraded to 7 Pro from factory" install. Hard drive errors beginning so would like to download win10 image and install on a new drive. Dell used Legacy settings on these and I would install on new drive with ahci. What...
  3. Confused between installing win7 or win10

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Confused between installing win7 or win10: So I recently bought a new SSD and installed windows 10 pro on it (which was provided by a friend in a USB) after installing it i noticed that my fan was making a lot of noise . I cleaned it up there was some dust etc on it ig but it is still making that noise which is...
  4. Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder sharing between WIN10 and WIN7 troubles: I have a desktop PC running Windows10 and an older laptop that is running Windows7. This is a home computer setup with full admin rights on both machines. I am trying to share folders between the machines over the home network. Both machines can see the other, but when I...
  5. curious about two performance differences between Win10 and Win7

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    curious about two performance differences between Win10 and Win7: I just upgraded from Win7 to a clean install of Win10. Hardware specs are fairly high performance, using a clean boot with no startup programs for now, systems are identical other than the OS. Here are the two things that I notice that are different. On Win10 my programs...
  6. curious about two performance differences between Win10 and Win7

in Windows 10 Support
    curious about two performance differences between Win10 and Win7: I just upgraded from Win7 to a clean install of Win10. Hardware specs are fairly high performance, using a clean boot with no startup programs for now, systems are identical other than the OS. Here are the two things that I notice that are different. On Win10 my programs...
  7. How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?

How to network Win10 to win7 with no homegroup in win 10 now?: Sorry if this is common but I upgraded a machine to win10 yesterday and I want to transfer over my files from my win7 unit. Home group is talked about a lot in the tutorials on the web but seemingly in a recent upgrade that is no longer an option in win10. So can some...
  8. How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?

How to sharing between Win7 & new Win10?: Hello, i have 3 PC on my home network. 1 week ago i upgraded one of them from Win10 Pro (old version) to Win10 Pro (1803). PC1 - Win7 Pro PC2 - Win10 Pro (old) PC3 - Win10 Pro 1803 Before i did upgrade, these 3 PCs were connected with Home Group and sharing was working....
  9. Domestic Dispute between Win10 & WHS 2011 re Homegroup :(

Domestic Dispute between Win10 & WHS 2011 re Homegroup :(: HI Guys Been trying for over a week to get my Homegroup (HG) to talk but they are having none of it. Whichever side i setup they see one another but will not join up. I have gone to each machine and removed the .sst files from...
  10. In between Win10 and Factory Default Win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    In between Win10 and Factory Default Win7: I am in W7 because I became stuck after an unsuccessful restore from image. I know the error code, but I am unsure of why it failed. I am trying to get back to W10 and my head is exploding - as it is day 5. External HD works, but I can't find my backups (pst file from...