Windows 10: Help with Network Adapter & Sleep

Discus and support Help with Network Adapter & Sleep in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi there, Basically if my computer is in sleep mode for a while and i turn it back on, the network adapter disables itself. I then have to go into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ryanm353, Jul 23, 2016.

1. ryanm353 Win User

Help with Network Adapter & Sleep

Hi there,

Basically if my computer is in sleep mode for a while and i turn it back on, the network adapter disables itself. I then have to go into the network settings and activate the network adapter in order to get a connection. Why is this? and how do i fix it? I've checked device manager and unticked the box "allow the computer to turn off this device to save power" so its not that. Any ideas?

:)

ryanm353, Jul 23, 2016

2. Wireless adaptor needs constant resetting

Situation has stabilized. Network adapter resists on shutoff but sometimes not on sleep. Have not tried chipset driver, will try that if sleep issue continues.

thanks for help so far.

NormanFrees, Jul 23, 2016
  3. windows 10, wireless network adapter keeps needing to be reset. 04-29-2017 still perodic two or three times a week, even after replacing a problomatic DSL/WIFI Modem.

wireless network adapter keeps needing to be reset after each restart or start up **********************************

**************** SOMEONE POSTED GOING INTO COMMAND PROMPT> NETWORK> AND TURNING OFF PUT TO SLEEP WHEN COMPUTER SLEEPS FOR THE NETWORK ADAPTER +++++++++++++++++++++

IT WORKED HERE, AND THANK YOU !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Henry Sherwood, Jul 23, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Yes everything for hardware on the machine also goes to sleep state when the computer does. That is the whole purpose and how the S3 state manages the hardware.

When your computer goes to sleep, it goes into an offline mode. If your router is one that uses "Green Technology" to power off the Ethernet port or placing the IP & MAC into a offline status, you are going to have issues with some wifi adapters and routers with Sleep or Hybernate.

bro67, Jul 24, 2016
Thema:

1. Help with Network Adapter & Sleep - Similar Threads - Help Network Adapter

2. Network adapter "turning off" after sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter "turning off" after sleep: When I click sleep and wake up my computer, it says no internet connection and it only says airplane mode in the network UI. I have to restart to fix it. I disabled the network throttling index before this problem happened, do I have to enable it to fix it or is there more to...
  3. Network adapter "turning off" after sleep

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Network adapter "turning off" after sleep: When I click sleep and wake up my computer, it says no internet connection and it only says airplane mode in the network UI. I have to restart to fix it. I disabled the network throttling index before this problem happened, do I have to enable it to fix it or is there more to...
  4. Network adapter "turning off" after sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter "turning off" after sleep: When I click sleep and wake up the computer, it says no internet connection and it only says airplane mode in the network UI. I have to restart to fix it. I disabled the network throttling index before this problem happened, do I have to enable it to fix it or is there more...
  5. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep: HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device...
  6. Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Network adapter disappears after mac goes to sleep: HelloI am using MacBook pro 16 2019 for work, and recently I needed to install windows 10 via boot camp.But I ran into the problem that the device manager Broadcom adapter disappears after waking up from sleep.In the adapter settings, I have forbidden to turn off this device...
  7. Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep

Network adapter disappears after resuming from sleep: I have an HP Envy laptop with a Realtek embedded wifi/bluetooth adapter built in. For the past couple of days, every time it resumes from sleep, the adapter has disappeared from device manager and therefore it never connects to my network. If I power it off and on again, the...
  8. Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Network Adapter Problems! Please Help!: Everytime I load Into my computer my network adapter is not showing up. I have to physically reinstall it in my pc, scan for hardware changes in device manager, and reset my PC. This really annoying and Im also worried about wearing down the gold on the pci-e submitted by...
  9. USB network adapter disconnecting after sleep mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB network adapter disconnecting after sleep mode: submitted by /u/Xpert104 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fsrgqk/usb_network_adapter_disconnecting_after_sleep_mode/
  10. Uh help with Network adapter?

Uh help with Network adapter?: So I have this odd issues every now and then were my Desktop will say my network is unidentified. Now my OS is Windows 10 and I use an Ethernet cable wired straight to my modem. Now I have two modems in my house, one connected to a router for WiFi access and the second one is...