Windows 10: Help with Photos organizing one step at a time Win10

Discus and support Help with Photos organizing one step at a time Win10 in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I don't expect to resolve my problem quickly, Id be very satisfied if I could simply step by step slowly improve the way I can organize Photos. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dearelliot, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Help with Photos organizing one step at a time Win10

I don't expect to resolve my problem quickly, Id be very satisfied if I could simply step by step slowly improve the way I can organize Photos.
    My problem: I have windows 10 and use "Photos" and "One Drive" I understand there is something called a cloud for storage but it seems they charge a fee so I hope not to need it for now, maybe in the future.
    I have imported most pictures from my camera & san disk and a reader. It seems the pictures mostly if not all went to "Photos" and also to "One Drive" I also import some pics I receive from E mails, and some imported by scanning.
    I never know where the pictures will end up. In One drive, some of the pics show up in folders, so I must somehow organize these folders Also in One Drive some pics show up in Documents?? and some pics in One Drive show up in Download
    and of course also in pictures.
    1. I haven't found a manual basic enough to help me start to sort this out
    2. Besides giving up working with a PC, can anyone give me other advice on the first step to begin getting a handle on this..mind you I'm not expecting to resolve, I just need to get a start.

Now I am 82, and I didn't use to be stupid, but it seems I have slowed a bit .

:)

dearelliot, Sep 6, 2016

2. One Collection with most of my photos

Hi Randy,

To organize your photos in One Drive, you can follow the steps provided on this link:

Organize and find photos in OneDrive

Regards.

Loraine Mon, Sep 6, 2016
  3. chris9465 Win User
    Microsoft photos app

I've uninstalled the windows 10 photo app, using powershell. I did it a month ago. now I have control of my photos again. How-to-geek as a step by step process for removing photo app, alarm clock, maps, groove etc. Ive deleted them all in less than 5mins.

Its so easy,even if they're reinstalled with an update, deleting again is always there. 5mins to take back control of my PC, is a small price to pay. The only apps that can't be removed are cortana and edge, given time someone will figure it out.

Once the win10 photo app was installed it took the 13,000 photos I had all neatly organized in windows 7 and destroyed my organization and increased my photo count to over a 126,000 some photos were duplicated up to 12Xs even with the anti-duplicate function
    turned on. Uninstalling the photo app fixed this, but my photos were still a mess. Ive been working on reorganization for the last month.

Windows 7 photo viewer is by far a superior photo app to win10. The win10 photo app is to noisey can't run the slide show manually like in Win7, you have to click this tiny arrow left or right instead of just clicking the screen anywhere to move. Win10 when
    you move the mouse it brings up all the noise that I don't want to see, the pencil the share etc.

I prefer the total control,simplicity and user friendly windows 7 photo viewer. everything that win10 photo app isn't.

Instead of having my options on a plate to pick and choose what, I want,when I want,you dumped it all in a bowl,now I get what I don't want or need,have to sift through the noise to get to what I want the photo, and only the photo, thats just not possible
    in win10.

Like I said windows 10 took my highly organized photo albums and completely disorganized them. the auto folder, is destroying my storage I spent an hour deleting all these created folders I never wanted, this is a bug/glitch not a feature.

chris9465, Sep 6, 2016
  4. dencal Win User

Help with Photos organizing one step at a time Win10

Windows Live Essentials 2012 contains a section called "Photo Gallery" which I have found perfect for organising.

Unfortunately support will discontinue early 2017, though whether this will effect photo collections.

If you click on a folder in Onedrive then click on a picture this will start a slide show by clicking arrow on side.

If you are interested click on link below.

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=255475

dencal, Sep 6, 2016
  5. Steve C Win User
    Look at Settings in the Photo app from where you can see and set the folders the Photo app is monitoring to display photos. I prefer to import photos just by navigating to the folder on the card storing the photos and then copying the photos to a folder of my choice under My Pictures. The photos should then appear in the Photos app if your folder is set to be monitored.

I would only use the cloud (Onedrive) for backing up important photos and ones you want to share otherwise you will soon run out of free storage or it will be expensive to pay for. Note Microsoft is in the process of reducing free OneDrive storage to only 5GB.

Steve C, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help with Photos organizing one step at a time Win10

1. Help with Photos organizing one step at a time Win10 - Similar Threads - Help Photos organizing

2. Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 photo app collection, time arrangement: Hi, when i imported photos from iphone8 to microsoft built in photo app, it told me “something went wrong, your files might have not been imported”. But when i import photo one by one, it won’t show this warning. And the second question is that, after i imported photos...
  3. File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization

File Explorer Photo Organization vs Photo App Organization: In File Explorer, I have put my photos in folders according to the subject. Do I have to do this all over again in the Photos app for Windows 10, in order to get the folder contents from Explorer into albums in the Photos app? Also, any recommendations for an affordable...
  4. One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    One Step Forward, Two Steps Back...: I had a small problem and thought it would be a simple fix. I went to scan for corrupted drivers, forgot to uncheck Microsoft drivers, and ended up uninstalling everything. Now, I know everything’s kind of weird. it gets stuck in an infinite boot loop, with the Omen logo and...
  5. Help with Organizing Photos via the Photos App

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help with Organizing Photos via the Photos App: Hey there. Whenever I import photos from my camera to my laptop it automatically is imported into my photos app which is fine...except that it is then extremely painstaking to then open up individual photos in my editing software. I organize all my photos within the app into...
  6. organizing photos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    organizing photos: when I create a new folder and move photos does explorer actually move the photo file? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/organizing-photos/3604bdfe-19ab-45dd-a127-c84369eda1ca
  7. Organizing Photos

Organizing Photos: I just uploaded all my photos to Windows 10. They appear in chronological order but I want instead to create subject folders and organize that way. (1) right clicking does not bring up a new folder option. Odd! (2) There is no tab to organize by subject. Can you help?...
  8. deleting numerous photos at one time

deleting numerous photos at one time: After transferring all the photos, screenshots, videos ect. from my Note 8 to my PC I don't know how to then delete multiple pics at one time. also, how do I get the items to delete from my Note 8 after transferring?...
  9. Problems organizing photos.

in Windows 10 Support
    Problems organizing photos.: A bit of background first, I'm 84 yrs old, and to be honest, I am getting more stupid every day. An aside, getting older does make working with your mind harder, okay at least I find that to be true!~ I have "Photos" in Pictures, Documents, Canon picture, Photo Room, some in...
  10. Intel: One Small Step for 5G, One Giant Step for Wireless

in Windows 10 News
    Intel: One Small Step for 5G, One Giant Step for Wireless: Today marks a momentous milestone for the wireless industry: the finalization of the 3GPP Non-Standalone (NSA) 5G New Radio (NR) Standard. The formalization of the NSA standard anchors the coming Standalone (SA) version and represents a remarkable step forward for the...