Windows 10: Help with pictures files

Discus and support Help with pictures files in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi there, I can call up my pictures files individually but I cannot open any single picture by clicking on it, why?, can you help?. 68826 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by featherbed, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Help with pictures files

Hi there, I can call up my pictures files individually but I cannot open any single picture by clicking on it, why?, can you help?.

:)

featherbed, Nov 2, 2016
  2. jasonvic Win User

Help with viewing pictures and permissions

I'm having a hard time understanding the information from this link.

jasonvic, Nov 2, 2016
  3. Help with viewing pictures and permissions

I have the same problem but only on one directory and it's sub-directories of photos which I have always previously had access to with no problems. Now I have to open properties of each and every photo, go to Security, Advanced, Permissions -Continue,
    Enable Inheritance. I am unable to do this on the Directory itself as errors keep popping up. So have to individually enable inheritance on every photo of which I must have close on 700. Not ideal at all.

Why has this now occurred when it was never a problem before ?

Hank

Hankvan de Weg, Nov 2, 2016
  4. Steve C Win User

Help with pictures files

Right click the file, select Open With, select Choose Another App, select the program you want to use then tick the box Always Use this App to open ? files.

You can also go to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations and associate the file type you select with your chosen program.

Steve C, Nov 3, 2016
  5. Thanks Steve C, however having tried your suggestions the problem still exists. But I am grateful to you for taking the time.

UPDATE. Found the problem - I had to reinstall a program to solve the problem. Thanks again. Best regards, Peter

featherbed, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help with pictures files

1. Help with pictures files - Similar Threads - Help pictures files

2. Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".: When creating graphics in Windows 10 I have been able to instruct file explorer to allow me to view the files as "pictures", so it will be easier for me to see what is contained in each file. I have tried several ways to change the view, but I am not seeing the option I want...
  3. Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".: When creating graphics in Windows 10 I have been able to instruct file explorer to allow me to view the files as "pictures", so it will be easier for me to see what is contained in each file. I have tried several ways to change the view, but I am not seeing the option I want...
  4. Help with File Explorer in Windows 10: view the files as "pictures".

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Picture file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Picture file: In Pictures, some photos have a number under the photo id, second line. Usually a single digit no brackets. what does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-file/1d3fae28-888d-430b-b083-e4e67de14dc1
  6. Picture file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Picture file: In Pictures, some photos have a number under the photo id, second line. Usually a single digit no brackets. what does that mean? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-file/1d3fae28-888d-430b-b083-e4e67de14dc1
  7. picture files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    picture files: I imported some pictures from my ipad pro now my pictures come up and immediately go away. Help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/picture-files/831da11e-a2b9-4213-9694-7bcc03088a00
  8. Filing Pictures

Filing Pictures: My Pictures Folder and the Photo App are not in sync and I want to start over. To clean up my files of photos, I plan to copy the Pictures Folder to an external drive and then delete the Pictures Folder from my C drive and One Drive, and then copy the photos from the...
  9. picture files

picture files: since my pc updated the other day, when I try to attach a picture to an email or message, and all I see are numbers and letters now, no thumbnails, how can I get the thumbnails back, I have clicked the small tab at the bottom of each file changing the numbers and letters to...
  10. PICTURE FILES

PICTURE FILES: So, I took some pictures with my camera, a NIKON ccolpix S3600 camera, and I wanted to put them on my laptop. After doing this I tried to open the pictures and I was shown this message,"File system error (-2147219200)". Please how do I fix this?...