Windows 10: Help With Recovery

Discus and support Help With Recovery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; I lost all my tabs from my Firefox session and have tried a bunch of different things to bring them back, but now I was looking at using the restore... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by russ93, Oct 20, 2016.

1. russ93 Win User

Help With Recovery

I lost all my tabs from my Firefox session and have tried a bunch of different things to bring them back, but now I was looking at using the restore feature to accomplish this. However, when I check my restore points, there is only one point and it is from yesterday, after I lost the tabs. Is there a way to get an earlier restore point or is this a lost cause? Thanks!

:)

russ93, Oct 20, 2016

2. Need help with recovery

How to recovery file if I it was delete from computer

SabrinaSumling, Oct 20, 2016
  3. Need help with recovery

You can try Recuva, a free data recovery Software:

Recuva 1.53.1087

If the file was deleted recently, you would get it easily.

Sumit Dhiman2, Oct 20, 2016
  4. EdTittel Win User

Help With Recovery

There's a third party utility called System Restore Explorer that will run down and tell you about every restore point on your system. Perhaps it might be worth a try to see if it finds anything else -- or more to the point, a restore point created before the time your problems started.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Oct 20, 2016
  5. russ93 Win User
    I tried downloading it, but it only shows the same restore point from yesterday, as well as a new one that it just made.

russ93, Oct 20, 2016
  6. cottonball, Oct 20, 2016
  7. russ93 Win User
    Yes, I have tried a bunch of solutions from the Firefox people, but nothing worked, so I was directed to look into system restore.

russ93, Oct 20, 2016
  8. Help With Recovery

It appears System Restore does not have any points previous to when the problem appeared. Bummer!

cottonball, Oct 20, 2016
  9. EdTittel Win User
    Sorry you didn't find an earlier restore point. You may have no choice but to try to recreate those tabs manually. Sorry for your trouble!
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Help With Recovery

1. Help With Recovery - Similar Threads - Help Recovery

2. My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help: It changed the email address to something ending in mcmfa on my desktop and it says my normal account cannot be accessed, that it doesn't exist. I tried going through the recovery forms but they don't recognize the account when i try to recover. My normal account address is...
  3. My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My account got hacked. I tried the recovery forms already - please help: It changed the email address to something ending in mcmfa on my desktop and it says my normal account cannot be accessed, that it doesn't exist. I tried going through the recovery forms but they don't recognize the account when i try to recover. My normal account address is...
  4. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  5. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...: My desktop originated from Dell. It arrived with all kinds of boatware so in addition to the OEM install partition DWIN10, I created a second Windows partition WIN10 on which I installed just plain Windows 10 without Dell's junk. I also created another recovery environment...
  6. Need help with understanding the "Windows Recovery Environment" partitions on my Windows 10...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!: Restarted my computer trying to install a Windows Update which had been failing for a while.After my computer was restarted, it now asks for a 'Bitlocker Recovery Key'.I have never enabled Bitlocker. It must have been triggered by the Windows Update somehow.I cannot find the...
  8. Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!

Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!: Restarted my computer trying to install a Windows Update which had been failing for a while.After my computer was restarted, it now asks for a 'Bitlocker Recovery Key'.I have never enabled Bitlocker. It must have been triggered by the Windows Update somehow.I cannot find the...
  9. Computer suddenly asks for a Bitlocker Recovery Key. I've never enabled this? Help!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can someone help me on the phone with Email account recovery?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can someone help me on the phone with Email account recovery?: I cannot use the account recovery form I need to actually speak to someone. Is there a phone number I can call? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-someone-help-me-on-the-phone-with-email/5c42f525-7dad-4978-b699-325883925004