Windows 10: Help with Search function please

Discus and support Help with Search function please in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello folks, is there a way that I can ask my computer to search for all of the video's that have saved to the pc. I am trying to find a particular... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Bluenose1940, Oct 28, 2017.

1. Help with Search function please

Hello folks, is there a way that I can ask my computer to search for all of the video's that have saved to the pc.

I am trying to find a particular video that I took with my camera and transferred to the pc and which I then deleted from the camera. I know that it is on the pc somewhere but I just cannot find it.

Thank you for any help that may be offered.

:)

Bluenose1940, Oct 28, 2017

2. Windows 10 failed attempts to use "Backup and Restore (Windows 7)" function

Repeated backup failures. Running Windows 10, and when the “Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program is run front the Control Panel, I get the messages:

“Check your backup. The last backup did not complete successfully”.

“Windows Backup failed to get an exclusive lock on the EFI system partition (ESP). This may happen if another application is using files on the ESP.”

“Please retry the operation.”

Each time I retry, I get the same result and messages.

Windows 10 came installed on my Dell Inspiron 15 (500 Series) laptop. I have successfully used the same Backup and Restore (Windows 7) program to “Create a system image”, as well as to “Create a system repair disc”.

Please provide me with some insight and suggested actions.

{Please Help}, Oct 28, 2017
  3. Running windows 10 and lost browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite

running windows 10 preinstalled on a new Dell lap top had no problem with windows browser, no problem installing Chrome, no problem downloading and activating 2013 Microsoft Office programs. BUT lost all browser connectivity after installing the 2013 Microsoft
    Office Suite. Internet connectivity confirmed along with DNS, pings, etc.

Should I uninstall the 2013 Microsoft Office Suite?

{Please Help}, Oct 28, 2017
  4. dalchina New Member

Help with Search function please

Hi, the easiest and fastest way to do that is to install one of the freeware tools that have been mentioned here many times:

Ultrasearch/Everything by Void tools/Locate32
    - all work the same way, fairly quickly index all files across all drives.
    Instant find-as-you-type search.

I prefer Locate32 - although it's older, I find it more convenient to use and does everything the others do.

If you were to use file explorer search, that would be comparatively slow unless everything was indexed.

dalchina, Oct 28, 2017
  5. Code: For /r %UserProfile% %c in (*.mov *.avi *.wmv *.mpg *.mpeg *.mp4 *.flv) do @Echo %c >> %UserProfile%\Desktop\List.txt[/quote] The %UserProfile% is a environment variable which holds a value of a directory path of the user profile (C:\Users\{username} or "Documents and Settings"). You can replace the %UserProfile% variable with any directory path that you want to execute For command and list output of all movie files to List.txt file which will be created at your Desktop.
    The asterisk symbol (*) is known as place holder for filenames or folders.

FreeBooter, Oct 28, 2017
  6. lx07 Win User
    It may be slow if you often forget where things are a lot but you can just type kind:video into the normal file explorer search box without any extra software...

Help with Search function please [​IMG]

You can also look for other things like kindHelp with Search function please :picture or kind:music - see here search query syntax

7. f14tomcat Win User
    f14tomcat, Oct 29, 2017
  8. Help with Search function please

Brilliant replies, thank you so much everyone. I think that I am sorted now. Thanks again for being so helpful, very much appreciated.

Bluenose1940, Oct 29, 2017
  9. f14tomcat Win User
    @Bluenose1940

Glad to hear it's all sorted for you. Cheers! *Smile

f14tomcat, Oct 29, 2017
  10. I just cannot believe how quickly it found over 400 files, it was barely a few seconds! It took me longer to scroll through them to find the one I was looking for*Smile. Thanks again.

Bluenose1940, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help with Search function please

1. Help with Search function please - Similar Threads - Help Search function

2. Please help My PC is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Please help My PC is not functioning properly: My PC could not update so i tried to give myself permissions from Registry Editor to make sure Windows Update is running everytime i open my PC by enabling it on services.msc BUT somehow while i was giving myself permissions, i did nothing crazy really.. was trying to give...
  3. Please help My PC is not functioning properly

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help My PC is not functioning properly: My PC could not update so i tried to give myself permissions from Registry Editor to make sure Windows Update is running everytime i open my PC by enabling it on services.msc BUT somehow while i was giving myself permissions, i did nothing crazy really.. was trying to give...
  4. Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!: Out of the blue, my keyboard stopped functioning well. Now, I have to click the function key and the letter a to get "a" otherwise i will get "`a". Same goes for the letters k, f. "d" will type "d" and lower my brightness at the same time, 6j, -;, and Enter keys will not work...
  5. Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Keyboard isn't functioning well. PLEASE HELP !!!: Out of the blue, my keyboard stopped functioning well. Now, I have to click the function key and the letter a to get "a" otherwise i will get "`a". Same goes for the letters k, f. "d" will type "d" and lower my brightness at the same time, 6j, -;, and Enter keys will not work...
  6. Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!: I know this isn't in the right category but Visual studio support isn't helping me. I'm using Visual Studio 2022 for a game I'm creating but I have run into a problem that I've looked all over for but cannot find any answers for.when I type "InputValue" within two opening and...
  7. Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!

Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!: I know this isn't in the right category but Visual studio support isn't helping me. I'm using Visual Studio 2022 for a game I'm creating but I have run into a problem that I've looked all over for but cannot find any answers for.when I type "InputValue" within two opening and...
  8. Visual Studio Not recognizing Function !PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. Help please, nslookup command no longer functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help please, nslookup command no longer functioning.: Hey guys,I did a search to try and find another person who has asked this but didn't find anything exact. My situation is that I am currently studying for the Comptia A+ certification to get started in IT. One of the things I need to know for the Core 2 exam is how to use the...
  10. Help please, nslookup command no longer functioning.

Help please, nslookup command no longer functioning.: Hey guys,I did a search to try and find another person who has asked this but didn't find anything exact. My situation is that I am currently studying for the Comptia A+ certification to get started in IT. One of the things I need to know for the Core 2 exam is how to use the...