Windows 10: Help with Unexpected Shutdown

Discus and support Help with Unexpected Shutdown in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell 7720). While running Fallout 4, I encountered sudden power-off for my system. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sasha007, Nov 19, 2015.

1. sasha007 Win User

Help with Unexpected Shutdown

Hi,

I installed a fresh copy of Windows 10 on my laptop (Dell 7720). While running Fallout 4, I encountered sudden power-off for my system.

The power button did not turn back on for a couple of minutes and the bottom of the laptop was quite hot.

How can I ensure that this unexpected shutdown was due to Laptop overheating and no other reasons (such as Driver conflicts or bad drivers) ?

PS:- In the event viewer in the System tab , I noticed 3 major events , 1 critical, 1 Error and 1 warning. Attaching these 3 FYR.

Please help ..

:)

sasha007, Nov 19, 2015

2. Hello could you tell me what is user32 event 1074, could you please help, i would like to disable this User 32

Hi Michael,

Thank you for the reply. We apologize for the delay in the response.

The User32 1076 event is written when the first user with shutdown privileges logs on to the computer after an unexpected restart or shutdown and supplies a reason for the occurrence. An unexpected restart or shutdown is one that the system cannot anticipate,
    such as when the user pushes the computer's reset button or unplugs the power cord.

Hope this information is helpful.

Thank you

Ruth Buruga, Nov 19, 2015
  3. Unexpected shutdown when waking up from sleep or power on

No, I haven't had an unexpected shutdown anymore.

Thanks to you guys for helping me solve this problem

- No_More-, Nov 19, 2015
  4. YOU
    You Win User

If the laptop would not power back on, then it's an overheat. If it was a driver problem, would be able to see the BIOS splash screen at least.

5. YOU
    You Win User
    The first two files just say that the system shut down unexpectedly. It's not the most descriptive reports, but if the computer crashed and wasn't shut off due to an overheat, it would be more descriptive. The same report could be generated if pulled out r battery while the computer was running, if the battery died, or if held the power button to force the laptop to shut off, for example.

6. YOU
    You Win User
    The third says that the CPU was throttled. If r laptop gets too hot, it may throttle (basically slow down) the CPU so it generates less heat.

7. YOU
    You Win User
    I would probably get a can of compressed air and clean out the vents, or totally disassemble the laptop if 're that adventurous (and have an expired warranty). could always buy a cooling pad if that doesn't work.

Thema:

1. Help with Unexpected Shutdown - Similar Threads - Help Unexpected Shutdown

2. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  3. UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN

in Windows 10 Gaming
    UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN: I HAD A POWER OUTAGE WHICH CAUSED AN UNEXPECTED SHUTDOWN AND NOT I CAN'T GET INTO A PROGRAM I NEED https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unexpected-shutdown/df20d204-4f5d-4ca5-8103-bbd94898b7c5
  4. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  5. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unexpected shutdown: Hello, I have been having a problem with my computer for several months now custom built where the computer will just randomly restart itself. This usually happens while gaming and the screen just goes black but has happened once while not gaming. I have already tried windows...
  6. unexpected shutdown

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Please help me; Unexpected shutdown

Please help me; Unexpected shutdown: Hi guys, I have a AsusG750JM Running on Windows 10 Home Original OS 8.1 I've been having issues for the past month or so where my computer will randomly shutdown completely. When I go to boot it up the first time after that shutdown it takes me into BIOS. In some...
  8. Unexpected shutdowns

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Unexpected shutdowns: Hello, on freshly new installed microsoft windows 10 pro, activated, i have issue with unexpected shutdowns. Please not that this problem appears only on Win10. On win7 it was not observed. When i enter in the shutdown log, i see error with event id 6008: Log Name:...
  9. Unexpected Shutdown

Unexpected Shutdown: Hi All, I'm running a new installation of Windows 10 a machine and withing days of a fresh install I started experiencing shutdowns with following info from Events Log: Source: Kernel-Power Event ID: 41 Level: Critical User: SYSTEM OpCode: Info Task Category: 63...
  10. Unexpected Shutdowns

Unexpected Shutdowns: Hey Y'all, I hope you can shed some light on my issue. My PC has been shutting down unexpectedly and then reboots. Event Viewer is filled to the brim with Errors and Warnings. Everything from DistributedCOM to Kernel-EvenTracking, User Device Registration and Perflib. I...