Windows 10: Help with Windows 10 installation/boot

Discus and support Help with Windows 10 installation/boot in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; This has been a constant problem for me ever since I got my upgrade, I have gone through installation after installation, always at the 75% mark do I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015.

1. Help with Windows 10 installation/boot

This has been a constant problem for me ever since I got my upgrade, I have gone through installation after installation, always at the 75% mark do I get the notice "system_service_exception igdkmd64.sys" and the installation fails, but then it resumes, recovering the point it was at and then after that it installs I log on and windows 10 sure enough is there. Now then I try to upgrade my graphics drivers for my 650 Ti boost, and I normally end up getting the same blue screen with the notice "system_thread_exception_has_not_been_handled igdkmd64.sys" and then the computer restarts, from there onward I will start t boot up, the windows logo appears, then when t comes time to log in it never happens my keyboard shuts off, no mouse cursor, and I have to hard reset my PC.

Now I can get to safe mode by restarting the PC a few times and going to the troubleshoot menu, from safe mode I did upgrade my graphics drivers and I did in fact encounter the same problem. So I do not believe it to be a graphics card issue. Can anyone help me?

:)

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015

2. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

I would love to have the ability to answer your question, however I'm not sure what browser was used. I had access to videos including before the Windows 10 upgrade and now I don't. I'm also unable to see my personal videos from my laptop.

With the updates, I'm not sure where to go to apply your suggestions?
    In real need of help.

Help with update 10, Aug 8, 2015
  3. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube. How do I resolve this issue?

Help with update 10, Aug 8, 2015
  4. letmein Win User

Help with Windows 10 installation/boot

While your computer should never be without security protection, sometimes antivirus, spyware, and other security software may be the common causes for an unsuccessful installation of an operating system. During the installation process try to disable any antivirus, firewall, and other security software you may have installed in your computer. Even better, many times it is recommended to uninstall this type of software and then reinstall again after the upgrade.

For example, to disable Microsoft's free antivirus, open Control Panel, click Windows Defender, then navigate to the Settings tab, uncheck the Turn on real-time protection (recommended), and click Save changes.

letmein, Aug 8, 2015
  5. I have tried turning off my avast antivirus, I haven't even uninstalled right now, I just rolled back to my windows 7, I could try turning off windows defender during the next round of installation attempt. I guess this is all attributed to a faulty installation with the same error over and over, always when it is configuring the drivers, finishes, and then restarts.

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
  6. Keldian Win User
    "igdkmd64.sys" is the Intel graphics driver, so it could be some kind of a GPU conflict. It sounds like you only updated the NVIDIA driver, so make sure the Intel driver is also updated and try again.

Next step is to make sure your BIOS is up-to-date, then disable the onboard graphics in the BIOS and try again.

Keldian, Aug 8, 2015
  7. Yeah I read that, I just uninstalled my onboard graphics driver and I'm going to try an installation in a bit and see if it works out, because I have checked if it was fully upgraded, and the Intel graphics driver was, but my other gpu can only upgrade during the windows 10 part, so now that it is uninstalled do you guys think it could work?

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
  8. Keldian Win User

Only way to know is to try. I won't be surprised if the W10 setup is installing some incompatible legacy driver for your Intel onboard GPU, as people have been reporting faulty drivers being installed for various hardware. That by the way is why everyone should deny the setup process from retrieving updates before the installation is started, and it's why you're best off disabling onboard graphics in the BIOS for now.

Keldian, Aug 8, 2015
  9. I disabled it in my device manager right now, should I go into the bios upon restart just before the restart upon windows 10 installation or removing it via device manager will suffice?

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
  10. letmein Win User
    letmein, Aug 8, 2015
  11. thanks I'm gonna try and do an install again

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
  12. letmein Win User
    letmein, Aug 8, 2015
  13. Help with Windows 10 installation/boot

I got delayed, I'm gonna start the install right now, the firmware is the most updated, onboard graphics disabled, all antivirus disabled

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
  14. Hey guys, did pretty much everything there, but during my update it reinstalled the integrated graphics card, I did forget to turn off dual monitor in my bios, and then it re installed my integrated drivers. So I'm gonna roll back one more time and then reinstall one more time. Even though I think I successfully installed the driver we'll see ultimately of this works yet again

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
  15. Alright guys I still need help it was not the graphics driver issue, because I did not get either of the BSOD this time but still when I restarted the computer it remained at a black screen with no cursor help please?

TimeLincoln, Aug 8, 2015
Thema:

1. Help with Windows 10 installation/boot - Similar Threads - Help installation boot

2. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  3. Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Booting into Win 10 Installation Media boots into installed Windows: So I wanted to install Kali Linux and dual boot it with Windows, but it wasn't installing and gave Grub error. Ubuntu and Parrot OS had no trouble installing. My laptop is old so I thought to change my Gpt partition back into MBR and see if that could resolve the problem. I...
  4. help with booting windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help with booting windows 10: I think I broke my computer a lotI don't have any USB to make a recovery drive.What I did is tried duel-booting 10 and FreeDos. I created a new primairy partition and marked it as active.When I tried to boot, it won't detect any operating system. It asked me to remove any...
  5. help with booting windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help with booting windows 10: I think I broke my computer a lotI don't have any USB to make a recovery drive.What I did is tried duel-booting 10 and FreeDos. I created a new primairy partition and marked it as active.When I tried to boot, it won't detect any operating system. It asked me to remove any...
  6. help with booting windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Can't boot or install clean version of Windows 10. Please help!!!!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't boot or install clean version of Windows 10. Please help!!!!: I was trying to install a clean version of Windows 10 earlier and I deleted all the previous partitions . When I clicked on "new" and set the volume , it was taking too long so I turned off my laptop with the power button. Now everything is super slow. It's slow to get to...
  8. Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Need help with Boot Manager and installing SSD for clean Windows 10 install: I just got my new Acer Spin 5 SP515-51N and it has a 1TB Hdd as the main drive which is slow. I bought a Sabrent rocket 256gb m.2-2280 SSD to use that as my main OS boot drive and I was going to use the 1TB as a seconary for storage. Seems any cloning from the 1TB 4096 to...
  9. Need help to PROPERLY install dual boot: Windows 10 & Windows 10

Need help to PROPERLY install dual boot: Windows 10 & Windows 10: @essenbe and @strick: Perhaps you might remember that you helped me do this once before. I want to keep my current Windows 10 (which is faulty) and do a clean install (as you previously advised). There was something to do with the boot manager that you helped me correct. When...
  10. Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10

Help to Install Windows 7, dual boot with Windows 10: Currently I'm running Windows 10 fall creators update Pro-64 bit. For some unavoidable reason I need to install Windows 7 Ultimate alongside Windows 10 (dual boot). But whenever I'm trying to install windows 7 it's saying "Your computer is already running newer version of...