Windows 10: help with windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support help with windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Am a new member of Windows 10 Forums. Recently was upgraded automatically by microsoft, from 8.1 to 10. Having difficulty understanding 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dodlaw, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Dodlaw Win User

help with windows 10 upgrade

Hello,
    Am a new member of Windows 10 Forums. Recently was upgraded automatically by microsoft, from 8.1 to 10.
    Having difficulty understanding 10. Started over 8 years ago, on Windows Vista Home Premium. More or less learned on that system.
    Constantly learning, or trying to learn at least. Am an independent music professional by trade. Not an IT pro, but have over 8 years internet experience.
    A few problems started after I was upgraded to Windows 10. Have lost a few of my music files, and don't know how to retrieve them. Recently (couple months ago) I had to do a 'Reset or Recovery' as my PC had become very erratic. Probably my own fault, not having enough experience, though this had not happened before the 'Upgrade' to windows 10.
    Would appreciate any help or advice re same.
    Kind Regards,

:)

Dodlaw, Mar 21, 2016

2. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

I would love to have the ability to answer your question, however I'm not sure what browser was used. I had access to videos including before the Windows 10 upgrade and now I don't. I'm also unable to see my personal videos from my laptop.

With the updates, I'm not sure where to go to apply your suggestions?
    In real need of help.

Help with update 10, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube. How do I resolve this issue?

Help with update 10, Mar 21, 2016
  4. help with windows 10 upgrade

It sounds like you reset the computer and chose the option to not save your files. You should have gotten warnings about your files. I am guessing you didn't have a back up of your music before going through the upgrade? That would have been a great time to make sure you were backed up before clicking to accept the upgrade to 10.

There are some free recovery programs out there, such as Recuva, but if you've used the system a lot since upgrading, you may not be able to recover.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

help with windows 10 upgrade

1. help with windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - help upgrade

2. Help . . Windows 10 upgrade and Error codes driving me crazy . . READ DETAILS FIRST PLEASE

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Help . . Windows 10 upgrade and Error codes driving me crazy . . READ DETAILS FIRST PLEASE: BEFORE SHOOTING A GENERIC MICROSOFT ANSWER TO ME . . .PLEASE READ THE DETAILS AND STEPS THAT I HAVE ALREADY DONE! Okay . . .So here is whats going on. I have the following system and os: OS Name Microsoft Windows 10 Home Version 10.0.14393 Build 14393...
  3. I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    I need help learning best way to copy my upgraded Win 10 OS.: Morning all, I just successfully upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and want to know the best way to copy the OS in case I need to re-install it at a later date without first installing Win 7 and going thru the upgrade process again. I don't want to clone it, just copy the OS...
  4. This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 - need help.

This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10 - need help.: I'm attempting to help a friend upgrade a Toshiba laptop from Windows 7 to 10 and am getting this message "This PC can't be upgraded to Windows 10". I've done a Google search and found a number of things that don't help, so I'm looking for any help I can get. There are...
  5. HELP upgrade to 1903 and screen is squashed in on the sides

HELP upgrade to 1903 and screen is squashed in on the sides: I tried upgrading drivers from device manager, windows said ran into a problem. Without a full screen display, the PC is not one I want to use for windows. The sides are missing 3 inches on each side, so its just black there. In windows 1809, had no problem, screen image...
  6. Question: Will upgrading my Dell Inspiron 7558 on October 31st, 2020 help with the...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Question: Will upgrading my Dell Inspiron 7558 on October 31st, 2020 help with the...: I want to be absolutely sure I can install the latest public build of Windows 10 and all the completely up-to-date versions of every Microsoft app built for Windows 10, especially Sticky Notes. I've been submitting a lot of crash reports to Mozilla as of late. Other than...
  7. Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Help Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro, New product key not working 0xC0020036: I have been hired for a work from home job that requires Windows 10 Pro. My PC came pre-installed with Windows 10 Home. I purchased a Windows 10 Pro Professional Upgrade Key but I get an error saying the product key didn't work (0xC0020036). According to my settings...
  8. Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED

Need Help - Upgrading Windows 10 1709 to 1809 SILENTLY/UNATTENDED: Hey all, I work for an organization that has deployed Windows 10 (version 1709) across multiple locations and I am tasked with updating those machines to the later version 1809. We use a WSUS for our windows updates and I have deployed the update to 1809 to a test...
  9. Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 needs activation after upgrading several parts, and troubleshooting won't help.: Windows 10 won't activate after upgrading to a new motherboard and CPU. Troubleshooting didn't help, and neither did the license key I ripped with the ShowKeyPlus from my previous installation before upgrading. I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 8 with the free update...
  10. Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?

Acer Aspire 4315 2904 need help to upgrade to windows 10 from vista?: Hello i have a acer aspire 4315 2904 laptop 32 bit operating system with windows vista it has 3 gigs of ram intel Core 2 dou T5750 upgraded cpu from a Celeron cpu with a upgraded one Terabyte hard drive had it upgraded from windows home basic to windows home premium 32 bit...