Windows 10: help with windows 10 upgrade

Discus and support help with windows 10 upgrade in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, Am a new member of Windows 10 Forums. Recently was upgraded automatically by microsoft, from 8.1 to 10. Having difficulty understanding 10.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Dodlaw, Mar 21, 2016.

1. Dodlaw Win User

help with windows 10 upgrade

Hello,
    Am a new member of Windows 10 Forums. Recently was upgraded automatically by microsoft, from 8.1 to 10.
    Having difficulty understanding 10. Started over 8 years ago, on Windows Vista Home Premium. More or less learned on that system.
    Constantly learning, or trying to learn at least. Am an independent music professional by trade. Not an IT pro, but have over 8 years internet experience.
    A few problems started after I was upgraded to Windows 10. Have lost a few of my music files, and don't know how to retrieve them. Recently (couple months ago) I had to do a 'Reset or Recovery' as my PC had become very erratic. Probably my own fault, not having enough experience, though this had not happened before the 'Upgrade' to windows 10.
    Would appreciate any help or advice re same.
    Kind Regards,

:)

Dodlaw, Mar 21, 2016

2. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

I would love to have the ability to answer your question, however I'm not sure what browser was used. I had access to videos including before the Windows 10 upgrade and now I don't. I'm also unable to see my personal videos from my laptop.

With the updates, I'm not sure where to go to apply your suggestions?
    In real need of help.

Help with update 10, Mar 21, 2016
  3. Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube

Installed Windows 10 - but the videos stall especially with You Tube. How do I resolve this issue?

Help with update 10, Mar 21, 2016
  4. help with windows 10 upgrade

It sounds like you reset the computer and chose the option to not save your files. You should have gotten warnings about your files. I am guessing you didn't have a back up of your music before going through the upgrade? That would have been a great time to make sure you were backed up before clicking to accept the upgrade to 10.

There are some free recovery programs out there, such as Recuva, but if you've used the system a lot since upgrading, you may not be able to recover.

DeaconFrost, Mar 21, 2016
Thema:

help with windows 10 upgrade

1. help with windows 10 upgrade - Similar Threads - help upgrade

2. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  3. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...: Hello, I have Windows 10 Enterprise which I did not realize there was such a difference to upgrade. But in a few posts, I saw I have to go through a bunch of steps to get Windows Pro 11. can someone please help me understand how to do this? I have to have Windows Pro 11 for...
  4. can I upgrade windows 10 enterprise to windows 11 pro? if so how? please help new job...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  6. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC: Hi all, this is my first time doing anything like this submitting questions to forums included. I have a 3 year old PC that I custom built, here are the specs below- ASROCK B550M STEEL LEGEND Mobo- AMD RYZEN 7 3800X CPU- MSI GTX 1660TI VENTUS GPU- 4TB Harddrive and 1TB SSD 1....
  7. Need Help Upgrading to Windows 11 for a Custom Built PC

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  9. USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help

USB dont work right after windows 11 upgrade. PLease help: My computer forced me to a windows 11 Pro upgrade from my windows 10 Pro and now my USB ports dont work correctly. Most of the time when I try to use them my computer will make a sound that I put in the USB drive, but then it will lock up my computer to the point that I have...
  10. BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP

BSOD Frequent Crashes - Recently Upgraded SSD's to Inland drive - HELP: I recently have had BSOD crashes frequently while using my PC to work on Adobe After Effects projects. A few weeks ago, I installed a 2tb Inland SSD after transferring my operating system and software files. I will get at least 3 or 4 BSOD crashes a day. Sometimes they will...