Windows 10: Help-

Discus and support Help- in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded 10 and now all photos and documents are suddenly mp3- and a not says I have to contact a website to get them unlocked- what the heck is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by makey, Feb 24, 2016.

1. makey Win User

Help-

I downloaded 10 and now all photos and documents are suddenly mp3- and a not says I have to contact a website to get them unlocked- what the heck is going on 20k plus is now being held hostage-what do i do

:)

makey, Feb 24, 2016
  2. {#help#} Win User
    {#help#}, Feb 24, 2016
  3. {help} Win User
    {help}, Feb 24, 2016
  4. bro67 Win User

Help-

Windows 10 has nothing to do with your problem. Let me guess. You went to some random website or got a pop-up, which has now infected your computer with RansomWare.

The Majorgeeks.com Malware Forum has a tutorial on fixing RansomWare issues. So do thr major Anti-Virus software manufacturers.

bro67, Feb 24, 2016
  5. Borg 386 Win User
  6. bro67 Win User
    Borg the one that is out now is the "Locky" variant that is using a fake Word.doc file that people are just clicking on, same as the other day this week, it was mentioned by one of the members what is going on with the fake Windows 10 upgrade hijack.

No matter how hard we try to get the message out to people, to stop opening every attachment in their email, or clicking on pop-ups while browsing. We can only keep posting over and over why people need to stop using old habits.

bro67, Feb 25, 2016
  7. Borg 386 Win User
    Yes, it is a good idea to scrutinize anything you click on nowadays.

The best defense against this type of malware is to make a regular system image file. Keep it on a external HDD that is not hooked up to the PC all the time. Keep several prior copies in case of inadvertently making one with malware on it. Should something like this happen, you simply restore your OS using the system image.

Keeping backups is a good idea anyway, but with all the ransomware out there, it becomes even more crucial to have a full backup.

System Image - Create in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

Borg 386, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Help-

1. Help- - Similar Threads - Help

2. Can I have help recovering my account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can I have help recovering my account?: My account the one I'm using currently has been hacked and the email changed, I requested to change the email but it was recently canceled by the hacker. I still have access to the account for reasons I don't want to state for fear that the hacker will see this message but I...
  3. Can I have help recovering my account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can I have help recovering my account?: My account the one I'm using currently has been hacked and the email changed, I requested to change the email but it was recently canceled by the hacker. I still have access to the account for reasons I don't want to state for fear that the hacker will see this message but I...
  4. Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences: So it's been brought to my attention that there's "two different microsoft anti-virus programs". One is free, and come pre-installed, and one comes with the Microsoft Office 365 pack, which is payed. I noticed this due to me being able to open microsoft through settings on my...
  5. Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences

Different microsoft defenders!? One free, one paid - Please help me understand the differences: So it's been brought to my attention that there's "two different microsoft anti-virus programs". One is free, and come pre-installed, and one comes with the Microsoft Office 365 pack, which is payed. I noticed this due to me being able to open microsoft through settings on my...
  6. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  7. I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.

I need help with my Display Settings. Display 1 isn't active.: I don't know if this is a big problem or not.But recently I just checked my display settings. Take note that I have not changed any settings prior.On the first instance I checked my display settings and on Advanced Display, it says that Display 1 isn't activeDisplay 1 is...
  8. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    How to solve this problem please help me: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem-please-help-me/c0c4fb71-ab70-4bad-a2ed-ae8080da9bb0
  9. How to solve this problem please help me

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this problem please help me: Something happened and your PIN isn't available. Click to set up your PIN again.Set up my PIN https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-solve-this-problem-please-help-me/c0c4fb71-ab70-4bad-a2ed-ae8080da9bb0
  10. How to solve this problem please help me