Windows 10: Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources

Discus and support Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Last week, we announced major changes to News Feed that are designed to help bring people closer together by encouraging more meaningful connections on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Brink, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Brink
    Brink New Member

Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources

Last year, we worked hard to reduce fake news and clickbait, and to destroy the economic incentives for spammers to generate these articles in the first place. But there is more we can do. In 2018, we will prioritize:

• News from publications that the community rates as trustworthy
    • News that people find informative
    • News that is relevant to people’s local community
    To be clear, you can still decide which stories appear at the top of News Feed with our See First feature.

Trusted Sources
    Starting next week, we will begin tests in the first area: to prioritize news from publications that the community rates as trustworthy.

How? We surveyed a diverse and representative sample of people using Facebook across the US to gauge their familiarity with, and trust in, various different sources of news. This data will help to inform ranking in News Feed.

We’ll start with the US and plan to roll this out internationally in the future.

Informative Content
    When we rank and make improvements to News Feed, we rely on a set of core values. These values — which we’ve been using for years — guide our thinking and help us keep the central experience of News Feed intact as it evolves. One of our News Feed values is that the stories in your feed should be informative.

For informative sources, we will continue to improve on the work we first announced in August 2016, where we began asking people to rank the informativeness of updates in their feed on a scale of one to five.

We’re evaluating ways to expand this work to more areas this year.

Local News
    Finally, people want more local news on Facebook. As we announced this month, we’re making it easier for people to see local news and information in a dedicated section. We’ll continue to work on ways to show more local news that is relevant to where people live.

What This Means for Publishers
    We’ll be working on these efforts for the rest of the year. For the first change in the US next week, publications deemed trustworthy by people using Facebook may see an increase in their distribution. Publications that do not score highly as trusted by the community may see a decrease.

These changes will be part of the many signals that go into News Feed ranking. For more information about ranking more generally see our Publisher Guidelines.

Source: News Feed FYI: Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources | Facebook Newsroom

:)

Brink, Jan 19, 2018
  2. GLHancock Win User

In Win 10, where can I find the "limit CPU usage during scan to x%" setting for McAfee Virus Scan?

Interesting - thanks again for a new source of help! McAfee is soooo hard to work with - or get help from - that I may just take Greg's suggestion to yank it and trust Defender!

GLHancock, Jan 19, 2018
  3. Fall Creators Update - Windows 10

Trust the world's most experienced troubleshooters to answer the question of which source to trust: you go with the mainstream news source, not the fringe. Bloomberg is as mainstream as you can get.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP, Jan 19, 2018
Thema:

Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources

1. Helping Ensure News on Facebook Is From Trusted Sources - Similar Threads - Helping Ensure News

2. Trusted source

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Trusted source: Hi guys... Help please...anyone knows trusted resources to get my windows 10 sofwares and apps from ? - - - Updated - - - Is one of those good MicroTech Programs - Free Full Activated Programs Get Into PC - Download Free Your Desired App 183757
  3. Customise News Source

Customise News Source: I would like to chose the news source on my Microsoft Edge browser. How do I do that? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/customise-news-source/f3d5b5bf-f4a7-43d7-8689-77c61fd4faa1
  4. Remove source from MS News app

Remove source from MS News app: Hi, how do I remove some of the many very low quality "news" publishers that contaminate the feed for the MS News app? I could do this a few weeks ago and now the capability seems to have disappeared....
  5. News App Sources

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    News App Sources: In the Microsoft News app, when I "Add Sources" it does not save. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/news-app-sources/1a670af9-cbef-49f6-9903-27dede0cf0a6"
  6. Introducing Facebook News

in Windows 10 News
    Introducing Facebook News: Testing a dedicated place for news in the US By Campbell Brown, VP, Global News Partnerships and Mona Sarantakos, Product Manager, News Journalism plays a critical role in our democracy. When news is deeply-reported and well-sourced it gives people information they can rely...
  7. Installing an .exe File from a trusted source

Installing an .exe File from a trusted source: I have attempted to install a Program from fidelity.com and I continue to get the following warning: [ATTACH] I am the administrator, I have disabled firewall, Antivirus, Checked security policies, created policies to allow this to install. and I am still blocked. Any...
  8. Facebook removing Trending news section

in Windows 10 News
    Facebook removing Trending news section: We’re removing Trending soon to make way for future news experiences on Facebook. We introduced Trending in 2014 as a way to help people discover news topics that were popular across the Facebook community. However, it was only available in five countries and accounted for...
  9. In other news, Facebook is.....

in Windows 10 News
    In other news, Facebook is.....: ...down.... Facebook Will Be Back Soon Facebook is down for required maintenance right now, but you should be able to get back on within a few minutes. In the meantime, read more about why you're seeing this message. Thanks for your patience as we improve the site....
  10. More Local News on Facebook, Globally

in Windows 10 News
    More Local News on Facebook, Globally: Local news helps people connect to their communities about the issues that are closest to home. Earlier this year, we announced a change in the US to prioritize local news so people can see topics that have a direct impact on their community and discover what’s happening in...