Windows 10: Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Discus and support Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7 in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Shashank_ae, Jul 17, 2018.

1. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Hi,

We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when we export the PDF file but on some workstations it did not.

We checked the settings of both workstations on which font swapping happen and where it did not, but we did not observe any difference. Also, we checked the Windows Registry entry at,

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\FontSubstitutes\

We did observed any difference on both workstations and the Helvetica was mapped to Arial.

Can you please suggest that how to make the default substitution for ‘Helvetica’ font to be ‘Arial’ font windows. Please suggest the setting which will help us to auto substitute missing Helvetica Font with Arial front while exporting PDF from Indesign file.

We are using Windows 7 & Windows 10 machines.

Adobe InDesign version is CS5.5

Please let me know if any further details are required.

Regards,

Shashank

:)

Shashank_ae, Jul 17, 2018
  2. DaveM121 Win User

Fonts - Windows 10

No Helvetica is not installed by default with Windows, Windows default sans font equivalent is Arial

For a list of fonts installed by a Windows installation, see
    This WIKI

DaveM121, Jul 17, 2018
  3. ZYX
    zYx Win User
    Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

Hi all,

Just out of nowhere, a number of websites started displaying Helvetica Narrow font instead of Arial font.

I think only Arial is affected, and I have seen others having the same issue and all they could do was to delete Helvetica Font... The actual font displayed is Helvetica Narrow, but when you copy it and paste it in Word, it's recognised as Helvetica Regular.

Yes, I have additional fonts installed, but this issue only appeared to me now. Same thing happened at some point in the past on Windows 7, so it's not just Windows 10 issue.

It's not to do with a particular browser, it's all of them: Opera, FF, Chrome, Edge, IE. For example, Facebook, eBay, and many many others that I think are using Arial font.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7 [​IMG]

Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7 [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Maciek

4. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

Microsoft Windows 10 - Helvetica Fonts Issue

Hi Desiree,

• Yes, it is the first time after installing and deleting a few fonts. I had some Helvetica fonts installed that I could see in Office for example, but not in the Fonts folder. So I wanted to deleted every Helvetica font and reinstall them, but everything
      seems messed up right now and not working.
    • It is the Office 365, up-to-date, but the image was just to show what fonts are being seen by my any software - it is the same for Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, etc. The video is important and shows everything.
    • I deleted every Helvetica font that I could see in Fonts folder, and deleted any 'helvetica' files that I could see with 'dir' command in Command Prompt. So I should have no more Helvetica fonts installed. After I have done that, I restarted to 'refresh'
      the Fonts.

AndreiAlisen, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

1. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Helvetica font Swapping

2. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  3. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial MT Font licencing: is it possible for a UK University to get a licence to use Arial MT Light and Arial MT Medium as part of our brand and therefore for web and publications [not sold] - we do not sell any publications but they are promoting our courses which are paid for as well as our Alumni...
  4. Arial MT Font licencing

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  6. Helvetica Font Broken

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Helvetica Font Broken: The Helvetica font family appears very thin and is unreadable on all web browsers displaying a webpage using the font,I've tried reinstalling the font multiple times but it didn't seem to fix it.I also have reset my browser settings and tried disabling extensions to no...
  7. Is Helvetica Neue a default Windows 10 font?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is Helvetica Neue a default Windows 10 font?: Is Helvetica Neue included by default with Windows 10 in 2021? Im having some issues with people opening Figma file links on different operating systems and getting a font prompt instead of a link redirect so looking to switch from SF to Helvetica if its workable ty EDIT:...
  8. Arial font regular disappeared

Arial font regular disappeared: I have been having some issues with text displaying as italic, and I narrowed down the problem to the Arial font which is also a default font for programs like R and Outlook. In trying to fix this, I went to Settings > Fonts > Arial, and discovered that the Regular face...
  9. Helvetica Regular Font

Helvetica Regular Font: In Chrome I posted this problem to Microsoft Microsoft how do you remove Helvetica Neue from my pc. the stupid OS decided to automatically throw it into Google Chrome and Firefox displaying the font in all major websites such as eBay or Facebook. It has become annoying, and...
  10. Arial font issue

in Windows 10 Support
    Arial font issue: Arial font rendering issue after some W10 update. Occurrence: PDF files and all browsers. Arial font working OK in other applications. Settings > display > scale and layout 100%. "Adjust ClearType text" OK. Attached images: Left, friend's screen. Right, my screen....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. helvetica font is not making regular font default in settings

2. windows 10 adobe fails to render arial font

3. windows 10 pro for workstations missing arial font

4. Font Swapping