Windows 10: Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

Discus and support Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers. in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Hi all, Just out of nowhere, a number of websites started displaying Helvetica Narrow font instead of Arial font. I think only Arial is affected,... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by zYx, Aug 24, 2016.

1. ZYX
    zYx Win User

Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

Hi all,

Just out of nowhere, a number of websites started displaying Helvetica Narrow font instead of Arial font.

I think only Arial is affected, and I have seen others having the same issue and all they could do was to delete Helvetica Font... The actual font displayed is Helvetica Narrow, but when you copy it and paste it in Word, it's recognised as Helvetica Regular.

Yes, I have additional fonts installed, but this issue only appeared to me now. Same thing happened at some point in the past on Windows 7, so it's not just Windows 10 issue.

It's not to do with a particular browser, it's all of them: Opera, FF, Chrome, Edge, IE. For example, Facebook, eBay, and many many others that I think are using Arial font.

Any ideas will be much appreciated.

Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers. [​IMG]

Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    Maciek

:)

2. How to change Microb Browser's Font to a Larger Font?

the alias list doesn't need to be updated.. I believe it is to allow the browser to provide its OWN fonts.. so if a website requests arial, the browser will try to use arial.. if there is an alias, it would try to use whatever alias is defined (which might
    be helvetica for example).. either way, I don't think you need to mess with it..

I think this might be a futile! The fonts just don't seem any better..

you can change the default sizes though!

cpitchford, Aug 24, 2016
  3. Corrupted Arial Narrow font stops Notification and Edge display

2 problems I had:

1. Edge displays Times font for all web content. (Not talking about Reading View here)

2. Notification fails to open.

I saw in another forum a comment about corrupted Arial Narrow fonts stopping Notifications. It is associated with

Faulting application name: ShellExperienceHost.exe in Event Logs.

Going to Windows\Fonts and opening Arial font display and clicking on Arial Narrow shows no text. Deleting all Arial Narrow font variations fixes the problems.

I think Arial Narrow is installed with Office 2016. That is when the problems started.

Hope that helps anyone with same problem.

sluggoslade, Aug 24, 2016
Thema:

Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers.

1. Helvetica Narrow took over Arial in all browsers. - Similar Threads - Helvetica Narrow took

2. Malware took over administrator properties

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Malware took over administrator properties: It has added itself own in windows defender exclusions... Can't remove it from there... And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus, It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes automatically......
  3. Malware took over administrator properties

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Malware took over administrator properties: It has added itself own in windows defender exclusions... Can't remove it from there... And I'm not able to install any other Antivirus, It says "program blocked by administrator - contact your administrator"I can't even open "Program data" Folder.. It closes automatically......
  4. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.: Hi Team,Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recentlyfor around 1 month, we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel onlineExcel Online text showing as symbols instead of...
  5. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.: Hi Team,Our website is using Arial font as a primary font to render content and recentlyfor around 1 month, we got a lot of user's reports that mentioned the font rendering wired. we found a lot of similar issues on Excel onlineExcel Online text showing as symbols instead of...
  6. Arial font rendering issue on the browsers of Windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates

in Windows 10 Customization
    Arial Narrow Regular font missing after updates: After system updates, Arial Narrow Regular font is now missing from my computer. Arial Narrow Italic, Arial Narrow Bold and Arial Narrow Bold Italic are all still installed and working properly. The Arial Narrow Regular version is no longer showing up in my system fonts...
  8. Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10

Cannot install Arial Narrow font on Windows 10: We upgraded 4 computers from Windows 7 to Windows 10, and also installed Office 365. Along the way, we discovered that many Excel files were showing as blank. Tracked it down to missing Arial Narrow font on all the computers. It was there in Windows 7 and Office 2010, but...
  9. Arial Narrow on Windows 10

Arial Narrow on Windows 10: Hi, I am continually getting a message that Arial Narrow is not loaded on to my computer when I am printing a document that I use all the time. Is there a download for Windows 10 to prevent this from popping up anymore? I do not have any Microsoft Office programs on this...
  10. Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Helvetica font not Swapping to Arial font on Windows 10 & Windows 7: Hi, We are experiencing issue related to the way Windows handle Helvetica font when it is being used in the external files received. When we receive a Indesign file having Helvetica font it gets Swapped to the Arial font automatically on some workstations when we export the...