Windows 10: Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

Discus and support Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Tutorials to solve the problem; How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Tutorials' started by hTconeM9user, Mar 25, 2016.

1. Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 [​IMG]
    Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses the threats of data theft or exposure from lost, stolen, or inappropriately decommissioned computers.

When you turn on BitLocker for the operating system drive, you can configure it to require a PIN (with TPM) or password to unlock the drive.

When you turn on BitLocker for a removable data drive, you can configure it to require a password to unlock the drive.

This tutorial will show you how to add or remove the Change BitLocker password context menu from all drives encrypted by BitLocker for all users in Windows 10.

You must be signed in as an administrator to add or remove the "Change BitLocker password" context menu.

Note When you remove the "Change BitLocker password" context menu, it will also gray out "Change password/PIN" in the BitLocker button drop menu in the "Drive Tools" Manage tab of the ribbon. You will still be able to change the BitLocker password for a drive from the Control Panel.

editions.

EXAMPLE: Add or Remove "Change BitLocker password" context menu

Here's How:

1. Do step 2 (add) or step 3 (remove) below for what you would like to do.

2. To Add "Change BitLocker password" to Context Menu of Encrypted Drives
    NOTE: This is the default setting.
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Add_Change_BitLocker_password_to_context_menu.reg

Download

3. To Remove "Change BitLocker password" from Context Menu of Encrypted Drives
    A) Click/tap on the Download button below to download the file below, and go to step 4 below.

Remove_Change_BitLocker_password_from_context_menu.reg

Download
    4. Save the .reg file to your desktop.

5. Double click/tap on the downloaded .reg file to merge it.

6. When prompted, click/tap on Run, Yes (UAC), Yes, and OK to approve the merge.

7. You can now delete the downloaded .reg file if you like.

That's it,
    Shawn

Related Tutorials

:)

hTconeM9user, Mar 25, 2016
  2. Ernie San Win User

changing bitlocker password, Windows 10

Hello Keith,

We suggest to change it from Control Panel. You may follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click BitLocker Drive Encryption.
    • Click Unlock drive.
    • Type your present password and click Unlock.
    • The drive will be unlocked and you will notice more links on the right of that particular unlocked drive, click
      Change password.
    • Now, you may type your Old password, New password and Confirm new password.
    • Click Change password.
    Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Ernie San, Oct 26, 2019
  3. Bree Win User
    Remove Play with Windows Media Player Context Menu in Windows 10  

Choose Default Apps in Windows 10 Windows 10 Apps Features Tutorials

Step 1. Open with > choose another app

Step 2, click More apps

Step 3. scroll down to the bottom of the list to find Look for another app on this PC

Step 4. browse and find Windows Media Player wmplayer.exe then click Open

4. BC66 Win User

Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10  

is there i can add and remove the lists on desktop context menu? Right click on desktop shows the context menu for me to add or remove the list
    thanks

5. why doesn't my bitlocker make me type a password?

Hi,

I understand that you have issue with Bitlocker password. I will certainly assist you with this.

Please provide us below details for better assistance,

• Is your Bitlocker enabled on your system?

• Have you made any changes on your system before this issue?

Please follow these steps and check if that helps.

Method 1: I suggest you to start the BitLocker Device Encryption service.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + R from the Keyboard.

2. Type services.msc and hit Enter.

3. Search for BitLocker Device Encryption service.

4. Double click on BitLocker Device Encryption service and click on Start button.

5. Click on the dropdown list and set the Startup type to Automatic.

If the issue persists then change the password and change the settings on how drive is unlocked at startup.

Hope it will fix your issue. Please let us know the status of your issue.

Thank You.

Krishna Priya V, Oct 26, 2019
  6. Necrofire Win User
    CCC Context menu

I was recently greeted to a new entry in my desktop context menu after installing 8.12 drivers with the Catalyst Control Center:

Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 ati2.png

I have no idea what the second entry does, since clicking it results in nothing happening.
    So I open up CCC and find this new section:

Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 ati1.png

It's completely disabled. I only have a single HD3850. The IGP on my mobo is nVidia, which is disabled anyway.

I spent the last hour or so finding a way to remove the second entry, and this is the only thing I could find:
    Deleting this key removes both entries from the context menu
    Code: KEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Directory\Background\shellex\ContextMenuHandlers\ACE[/quote] This solved one problem and caused another. I do not like the tray icon, so I have it disabled, so the only way I know to get into CCC is via the context menu. Does anyone know of a way to disable just the "Configure Additive Graphics" entry and keep the CCC entry?

If I kept both disabled, is there some sort of shortcut I could make to get there instead? I don't want to have to go to Display->Settings->Advanced->CCC every time.
    EDIT: Just made a hotkey to get there. *Smile Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 :)

Necrofire, Oct 26, 2019
Thema:

Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10

1. Add or Remove Change BitLocker Password Context Menu in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Add Remove Change

2. Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Resume BitLocker Protection Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system...
  3. Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Change BitLocker PIN Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information BitLocker Drive Encryption is a data protection feature that integrates with the operating system and addresses...
  4. Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Mount Context Menu in Windows 10 [img] Information The Mount context menu allows you to mount ISO, IMG, VHD, and VHDX files as a virtual drive. This tutorial will show you how to add or...
  5. Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove New context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove the New context menu in Windows 10 The New context menu allows users to quickly create new files, folders, or shortcuts in the current location. You can right click or press and hold on your...
  6. Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10: How to: Send to Context Menu - Add or Remove in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Send to Context Menu in Windows 10 The Send to context menu makes it easy for you to quickly send a copy of items (ex: files, folders, libraries) to Bluetooth device, Compressed (zipped)...
  7. Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Manage BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Manage BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help block...
  8. Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows: How to: Add or Remove Turn off BitLocker context menu in Windows How to Add or Remove 'Turn off BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can help...
  9. Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Turn on BitLocker context menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove 'Turn on BitLocker' Context Menu from Drives in Windows 10 [img] Information You can use BitLocker Drive Encryption to help protect your files on an entire drive. BitLocker can...
  10. Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10: How to: Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 How to Add or Remove Open with Context Menu in Windows 10 The Open with context menu allows users to choose an app to open a file with. This tutorial will show how to add or remove the Open with context menu...