Windows 10: Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4)

Discus and support Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4) in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I don't expect any solutions because apparently ... "There Isn't Any!" I just needed to B!t¢h! *Mad Yesterday (now, a few days ago) a notice... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by mrclose, Sep 30, 2017.

1. mrclose Win User

Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4)

I don't expect any solutions because apparently ... "There Isn't Any!"

I just needed to B!t¢h! *Mad

Yesterday (now, a few days ago) a notice popped up stating that security updates could Not be installed unless the latest version of Windows 10 was installed!

Hoping against hope and against my knowing better (through the previous three 'updates'), I went ahead and allowed the update!

Even after months of research and the installing of software that was supposed to prevent the previous disasters (display, completely unusable because of smeared colors and unreadable text) ... Nothing Has Changed!!

The same messed up display even after trying various 'fixes' and Microsoft suggestions!

I have read that computers with AMD graphics are having various problems but as of now .. I can't find a solution?

The funny part?

When I do the update and the graphics are bad, I go to the device manager, uninstall the display adapter and restart the pc.

Microsoft automatically installs a display adapter that clears everything up!

The Not So Funny Part?

Within 30 seconds, Microsoft deletes whatever adapter they installed (the good one) and reverts back to the crappy one!!

Try as I might, I can't prevent them from doing this!

I also suspect that more than just the display adapter is the problem because I have tried a dozen different ones that are compatible with my computer and none of them work!
    (All of them from either Lenovo or AMD)

I have had contact with both lenovo and AMD.
    AMD has heard about the problem but has no answers!

So ... Rollback #4!

My pc is a Lenovo desktop.

Processor: AMD A10-7800 Radeon R7, 12 Compute Cores 4C+8G (Cores: 2)
    Memory: 11 Gbytes (DDR3)

Video: AMD Radeon R7 Graphics (1 Gb)

Disk: ST2000DM001-1ER164 (2 Tb)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Home (64-bit)

:)

mrclose, Sep 30, 2017

2. Here we go again

Whooooooo!! Thanks m8.

Happy Christmas

u8myufo---01, Sep 30, 2017
  3. patc---01 Win User
    Here we go again

Go into media player and find the options (depends which version your running, but something like Tools .. Options) then go to the "File Types".

Select all the file types you want to have run in Media Player.

In future, when you click on that file type, Media Player will be called instead of the Nokia / Apple / Whatever-other-player you have installed.

patc---01, Sep 30, 2017
  4. Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4)

Hi mrclose. Yes Windows updates drivers and I have a similar experience with my wireless card. Every major release I get the latest and greatest driver and can connect to nothing. I revert to Feb 2014 and all is good. Now to prevent my friend from updating ....

I found this article and this is what I'm using in 1703. It must be working as my Wi-Fi card requires an ancient driver and I know there are current updates, I get the most recent one every major update, like V1703.

https://www.howtogeek.com/302595/how...dware-drivers/

In the article quite a ways down there is a link labelled “Disable Automatic Driver Updates Hacks”
    This downloads a zip file with two registry hacks. Read the paragraph above the link. I used the hack on my V1703 (Creators). Likely have to run Hack after each major update, Anniversary, Creator, XXXX.

Keep a copy of working driver. If you don't have please find it AMD and keep it in a special place. The Fall Creators is a coming down the hill.

Ken

Caledon Ken, Sep 30, 2017
  5. mrclose Win User
    That hack was one of the first things that I tried after the second update/rollback.
    (It didn't/doesn't work for me)

As I noted in my post ... I believe that there is a problem, not only with the 'on-board' display but a problem elsewhere?

For instance:
    If I right-click on the desktop and select AMD RADEON SETTINGS , the following pops up:

Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4) [​IMG]

(missing?)

Even though the display is great looking.

And the device manager shows:

(working properly?)

I have had contact with both lenovo and AMD.
    AMD has heard about the problem but has no answers!

I'm at the point of just praying that microsoft wont be limiting the number of times I will be able to do the rollbacks!

mrclose, Oct 1, 2017
  6. Plankton Win User
    I see you have the AMD A10 CPU with the built on GPU (aka APU)......do you have a separate GPU installed or are you just using the GPU off of the CPU?

Plankton, Oct 1, 2017
  7. Plankton Win User
    Ahh....it's integrated, so you're using the GPU off of the GPU. Your issue may be that there's not enough RAM allocated to the GPU. You will need to check and adjust in the BIOS.

Plankton, Oct 1, 2017
  8. mrclose Win User

Memory doesn't seem to be a problem.

AMD and MS seem to conflict on who is at fault.

All of these updates played nice when installed but .. I have no clue as to what they are!

MS always has names for their crappy updates but only give you numbers when they are installed!

I have no time or patience to look up the update that is killing my display!
    (Obviously, it's not one of these)

mrclose, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Here We Go Again! (Update Rollback #4) - Similar Threads - Here Again Update

2. Windows 11 23H2 installation fails - Here we go again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 23H2 installation fails - Here we go again: A couple of months ago the community helped me through updating my Lenovo T490 to Windows 11. I'm now going through the process for my wife's Lenovo L15 and encountering similar problems. The update fails, giving the error code 0x8007001f.I have verified the following:All...
  3. Windows 11 23H2 installation fails - Here we go again

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 23H2 installation fails - Here we go again: A couple of months ago the community helped me through updating my Lenovo T490 to Windows 11. I'm now going through the process for my wife's Lenovo L15 and encountering similar problems. The update fails, giving the error code 0x8007001f.I have verified the following:All...
  4. Microsoft Store: Unknown layout specified in manifest - here we go AGAIN!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store: Unknown layout specified in manifest - here we go AGAIN!: So after the latest windows cumulative update, in a long bloody line of flaky updates properly broke my 3.5yr streak of note having to reinstall windows10 version version 1809. I caved and did a fresh install of Windows 10 22H2 and I then let it update itself. Then upon...
  5. Microsoft Store: Unknown layout specified in manifest - here we go AGAIN!

Microsoft Store: Unknown layout specified in manifest - here we go AGAIN!: So after the latest windows cumulative update, in a long bloody line of flaky updates properly broke my 3.5yr streak of note having to reinstall windows10 version version 1809. I caved and did a fresh install of Windows 10 22H2 and I then let it update itself. Then upon...
  6. Here we go then . . .

in Windows 10 Customization
    Here we go then . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I have, two browsers. Google, and Firefox. The problem, is.With either, browser. When I do, a search. It uses, Google. But, I don't want it to.Google, is my favorite browser.But, sometimes. It has trouble, searching.Firefox,...
  7. Here we go then . . .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Here we go then . . .: My computer, is a Dell laptop. Running, Windows 10.I have, two browsers. Google, and Firefox. The problem, is.With either, browser. When I do, a search. It uses, Google. But, I don't want it to.Google, is my favorite browser.But, sometimes. It has trouble, searching.Firefox,...
  8. Here we go then . . .

9. Windows 10 Here we go again! Mail Contacts!!

Windows 10 Here we go again! Mail Contacts!!: Hi All Forgive me if I am repeating something which has been done to death but..... New computer and new to Windows 10 in last few days. Many hours to iron out tiny little problems. Now I'm trying to get an email contact from an email into People. When I left click on the...
  10. Win10 can't connect to Win7 shares - here we go again

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 can't connect to Win7 shares - here we go again: I have several Win10-64 computers running 1804 or 1809 that cannot connect to a Win7-32 computer, but the Win7 computer can connect and access the Win10 computers just fine. The error I get when I try is "Cannot access \\Computer1" (0x80070035). We are talking here about...