Windows 10: Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

Discus and support Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends When Windows 10 was released to consumers in July of 2015, it was free for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Jun 22, 2016.

1. Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends

Read: http://www.winbeta.org/news/heres-ha...-10-offer-ends

:)

Cluster Head, Jun 22, 2016
  2. Andre Da Costa, Jun 22, 2016
  3. wid 10 product key

The free upgrade offer ended on July 29th, 2016. After that, you have to pay if you want to upgrade to Windows 10.

Shawn 'Cmdr' Keene [MVP], Jun 22, 2016
  4. swarfega Win User

So my advice would be to upgrade to Windows 10 now even if you dont think you'l keep it. Because sometime in the future Windows 7/8* will expire or some games will require Windows 10 or some software and you'll kick yourself for not taking the free offer back in 2016.

swarfega, Jun 22, 2016
  5. gtspeck Win User
    I agree, for those who haven't taken advantage of the free upgrade should do so. Windows has improved since last year and there is no reason not to upgrade. Makes no sense to pay for something you can get free..*sarc

gtspeck, Jun 22, 2016
  6. BunnyJ New Member
    Thanks for sharing and I also agree that grabbing the free upgrade now is the best way to go. Getting the digital entitlement will keep ones toe in the Win10 world.

BunnyJ, Jun 22, 2016
  7. ARC1020 Win User
    Yup, and for when they want to sell their computer or pass it on to someone else at a later date.

ARC1020, Jun 22, 2016
  8. Winuser Win User

I can think of a few reasons for someone not taking advantage of the free upgrade. There's the ones who don't like Win 10 and are happy with the OS they are using. Someone may have hardware and/or software that wont run on Win 10. Some people may be afraid or feel they're not computer literate enough to do the upgrade. Not all upgrades went smooth so there's always the change of messing up your computer. IMHO most of those who haven't upgraded yet probably wont upgrade until they buy a new computer.

Winuser, Jun 22, 2016
  9. Upgrade, get your Digital Entitlement, then go back to your original OS. *Wink I'm not going to go into detail on how you do it, that's been covered in many threads. Make an image of your current OS, etc, etc. Lots of ways to do it. Then if you change your mind after the 29th, it won't cost you anything other some time to upgrade to or clean install 10 again.

alphanumeric, Jun 22, 2016
  10. RonCFL Win User
    I wonder what happens to corporate accounts .
    I still have wds 7 pro. on my company's laptop ...?

RonCFL, Jun 22, 2016
  11. They likely have a Software Assurance contract with Microsoft anyway. With that its just a license upgrade/transfer. Enterprise is excluded from the free upgrade. Upgrading VL editions will likely cause issues too.

alphanumeric, Jun 22, 2016
  12. galaxys Win User
    Glad I upgraded recently and there's no turning back! It's going to be crunch time for many...

galaxys, Jun 22, 2016
  13. tomseys Win User

I just upgraded again (and then a reset) from windows 8.1 to windows 10 after trying it some months ago and disliking it due to various things (I paid to be able to roll back to win 8.1) and it does seem better. My email alerts are working properly and the system and updates seem smoother. I would have stayed at 8.1 but upgraded as part of troubleshooting something and Win 10 seems to work well enough that I'm going to stay with it. I use a local account and adjust the privacy settings to share as little as possible and use FF as browser (and occasionally IE) and Thunderbird for mail. Overall, seems to work well.

tomseys, Jun 23, 2016
  14. CountMike New Member
    If you ask me, W10 is an improved version of 8/8.1 and that's why I switched as soon as it came out. I'll keep this computer (at least MB) for a while so unless MB dies will have no need to buy another windows again. Also hope that Insider program will stay and looking forward to see what Rs2 will bring.
    When anniversary edition with full Rs1 comes out I'm planning first clean install since W7 which was upgraded to 8 than 8.1. It's amazing how good everything worked out despite all the changes. Keeping system clean and running sanitary is what attribute that to.

CountMike, Jun 23, 2016
  15. It is not an offer, it is a requirement, you will upgrade, whenever you want or not. MS will make sure of that. *Sleep

I have upgraded only because of security reasons, I hate 10 with all my soul, I would use 7 or even XP, if I could.

TairikuOkami, Jun 23, 2016
Thema:

1. Here’s what happens after the July 29th free Windows 10 offer ends - Similar Threads - Here’s happens July

2. Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can I get Win10 for free after July 29th this year?: I already know about the trick where you update then revert, and the computer you updated on will be able to upgrade again for free after July 29th, but what if I won't have the computer I want to upgrade until after this date? I'm getting a MacBook Air in August. I like...
  3. Windows 10 after free offer ends

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 after free offer ends: Hi my friend is unsure if he wants Windows 10 or not...he currently has XP. It has passed the Windows 8 compatability test, so will accept Windows 10. If I install Windows 7 pro as a clean install, then upgrade to Windows 10....but after the 30 days, decide to reinstall...
  4. July 29th not June 29th

in Windows 10 Support
    July 29th not June 29th: I was getting so excited for windows 10 on the 29th June....and then I realised it's July not June lol! Silly me, I must have read it wrong. And there I was looking forward to installing it tomorrow! I even bought myself a new SSD and cloned my W8.1 over! This is how I...
  5. Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Reinstalling W10 after 29th of July: Hello, I have a question : after the free upgrade period expires, how do I reinstall Windows 10 if I have it installed now? For instance, I want to reinstall it to do a Clean Up of my computer, or I am upgrading/migrating to another system (hardware) etc. 57651
  6. Hardware change after 29th July

Hardware change after 29th July: Hi all I wonder what will happen if a major component like a motherboard is changed after 29th July, will Microsoft accept it or will we have to buy a key. Many people have got away with hardware changes on OEM licenses in the past with earlier versions of Windows. 57641
  7. July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?

July 29th -> If I upgrade now, will it still be free?: Hello everyone, Sorry if this question is stupid. But if I upgrade today will it still be free? According to some websites the price goes up on the 30th, but microsoft itself seems to state very strongly that the price goes up on the 29th. If I update now will I have to...
  8. Windows 10 Install after the 29th July

Windows 10 Install after the 29th July: Hi, As long as you follow the steps on the enclosed link will to get the ticket will this work for a free upgrade after the 29th July ? Clean Install Windows 10 Directly without having to Upgrade First - Windows 10 Forums Thanks, 54270
  9. What happens to those free Windows 10 upgrades after July 29, 2016?

in Windows 10 News
    What happens to those free Windows 10 upgrades after July 29, 2016?: sdfsdfasdf [This article has been significantly revised and updated since its original publication. in January 2016] Microsoft's ambitious plan to get Windows 10 running on a billion devices within the next few years depends to a large extent on the success of its...
  10. Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really

in Windows 10 News
    Clarified:the free upgrade offer to Win 10 is ending July 29th, really: Clarified: the free upgrade offer to Windows 10 is ending July 29th, really Microsoft has responded to speculation that Microsoft left itself some wiggle room Yesterday, we reported on speculation that Microsoft may have been hedging on its decision to end the free...