Windows 10: Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions

Discus and support Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by snadge, Jun 28, 2018.

1. snadge Win User

Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions

Hi

I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable...

I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990 @ 60Hz) and is on JUST SCAN (which is pixel-for-pixel - although while letterboxed, it appears to be stretched up to 1440x1080)

I wish to use my TV to watch Videos from my PC... but I wish for the Secondary (TV) to be 1920x1080 @ 50HZ (if possible - I can if I use the TV only put it into 50HZ mode, I have reasons for this which I won't go into here)
    so what I am after is this:

The Primary Display to be the Acer at 1440x900 @ 60Hz
    ...and the Secondary Display to be mirrored, but running at 1920x1080 @ 50Hz

so that when I want I can watch a video on the secondary display at 50Hz @ 1080p

I have tried Advanced Properties in the Display Properties but says needs Administrator rights?

can anyone help me fix this?

thanks in advance

:)

snadge, Jun 28, 2018
  2. MilkyWay Win User

Where are the resolution/refresh rate settings in AMD Crimson?

Having to use Windows display settings manager to change resolution. Advanced display settings shows the resolution but to change refresh rate i have to go to display adapter properties!

It's just a longer step than it being right there one click away in CCC. Not only that but CCC is still there in Crimson if you use the advanced settings.

MilkyWay, Jun 28, 2018
  3. Resolution?

Hi Ryan,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you want to change the screen resolution in Windows 10. We will assist you to resolve this issue.

Before we proceed, we require more information to assist you better.

• What are the options you are getting?
    • How exactly are you trying to change the screen resolution?

I suggest you to follow the steps provided below to change the screen resolution.

• Right click on desktop.
    • Select Display settings.
    • Click on Advance display settings.
    • Under resolution drop down, you can select the option 1600x900.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 28, 2018
  4. McKiester Win User

problems with displaying my resolution

I posted this on NVIDIA long ago and didnt get any help. maybe someone here can help. this is what i posted
    Aug 28 2007
    I just had a 8500 GT installed, and i have a 19" wide screen LCD with a 1440x900 optimal resolution. Before with my Intigrated 6100 graphics i had the option of setting the Resolution to my monitors Native Resolution. But after this install. the display settings does not list
    1440 x 900. Everything but that.

. So now, either i am forced to veiw at a low Resolution and go blind by the Blur or at a higher Resolution but with everything Skewed or streched out or out of frequancey range . am i now going to need to buy a new monitor that supports a higher Resolution. I have looked in both the Nvidia controls and the Windows display settings for a remedy but my resolution is not listed

Today, 09:13

I have called Nvidia and was told that my native display resolution is an oddball resolution and not very common ,and that the Graphics card does not support this resolution 1440 x 900. I looked at the release notes for the driver, and infact seen that my resolution is not listed in the supported resolutions for the 8500. But i beg to differ in the comment that it is a oddball resolution. if you look at all the new LCD 19" wide screen resolutions that are being sold on the market today have the resolution 1440x 900 as the native resolution . could you please include this resolution in the next driver release. or tell me how i can fix this issue. so i dont have to spend $300-$350 for a new monitor.

Can anyone help with this. I have Vista and NVIDIA does not include the Nveiw with vista anymore that gave the ability to customize your display settings . and another Question . why does my display settings menu say that i have a generic Non plug n play monitor?

McKiester, Jun 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Herlp setting 2 displays with different resolutions - Similar Threads - Herlp setting displays

2. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  3. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: this is the same question as:https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/2-identical-monitors-displaying-different/db9c9d8d-d5e6-4640-9e3b-0c82ad98077aUnfortunately that thread is locked so I have no choice but to ask that question again, so that I could post a...
  4. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  5. 2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 Identical Monitors Displaying Different Resolutions: I have connected 2UHD monitors using USB-C port docking station.My second connected display/monitor is coming with less resolutions in this case, 2nd monitor is displaying with HD1080p even though monitor is supported with UHD1440p....
  6. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  7. 2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions

2 identical monitors displaying different resolutions: I have 2 insignia monitors, both the same model that are displaying different resolutions 1360x768 and 1366x768this question has been asked previously but the thread is now closed and none of the solutions can solve my problem. Any help? Thanks.Old Thread:...
  8. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  9. Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions

Display settings - extended desktop - different resolutions: Hi, I have 2 monitors, a 27" 1080p and 32" 4K monitor. In display settings, extended desktop, the 1080p monitor is showing as 1/4 the size of the 4k monitor, so the edge to move the mouse between displays is tiny.Is there any way to make the 1080p monitor look more...
  10. Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Help setting 2 displays with different resolutions: Hi I have an Acer 1440x900 @ 60Hz monitor for my PC connected by VGA to my GTX 650 - I have my LG 1920x1080 @ 60Hz (50Hz compatible) TV connected via a long HDMI cable... I currently have the displays mirrored, but the resolution on the TV is the same as the Acer (1440x990...