Windows 10: "Hey Cortana" non responsive

Discus and support "Hey Cortana" non responsive in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I have set up Cortana and she is working well except for the "Hey Cortana". When I say it nothing happens. isn't she supposed to wake up and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Leyton180774, Aug 6, 2015.

1. "Hey Cortana" non responsive

Hi, I have set up Cortana and she is working well except for the "Hey Cortana". When I say it nothing happens. isn't she supposed to wake up and activate? When I first installed Windows 10 this function worked, albeit not 100% successful. But now it doesn't work at all. All the necessary options are switched on in her settings. Is this a common fault that I suppose will get fixed in upcoming updates? Or is there something else I can try,

Thanks in advance,

:)

Leyton180774, Aug 6, 2015
  2. farby Win User

"Hey Cortana"

Yes, the application is not available thru' the link .. but did you check under settings whether its already there or not ? The availability depends on your phone model and region ..

farby, Aug 6, 2015
  3. "Hey Cortana"

Why is "Hey Cortana" not available in my Lumia 930 after the Denim update? (O2 UK varaint )

SebastienLumia, Aug 6, 2015
  4. Jeff MSFT Win User

"Hey Cortana" non responsive

"Hey Cortana" is off by default. You need to turn it on in the Cortana settings (open Cortana search from the taskbar, choose the "hamburger" at the top, select Notebook and then Settings - yes it's a bit buried).

I notice that you said it worked at first install, so maybe this isn't your issue. If you verify that the setting is turned on but still not working, you should open a Windows Feedback issue (open Start menu and start typing "Windows Feedback" until the app shows up).

Jeff

Jeff MSFT, Aug 6, 2015
  5. The "Hey Cortana" feature has now started working again, albeit with mixed results. Thanks for the feedback *Smile

Leyton180774, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

"Hey Cortana" non responsive

1. "Hey Cortana" non responsive - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana non

2. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  3. Taskbar non-responsive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Taskbar non-responsive.: Hello, The icons on my taskbar are not responding. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/taskbar-non-responsive/f4f5d46a-6335-40e1-9fc4-23e04a991850
  4. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  5. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  6. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  7. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  8. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  9. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"
  10. Hey Cortana unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hey Cortana unresponsive: Hi, I'm not too sure what category this would go under so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. Last night I updated my Acer Aspire V5-571 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I was very eager to use the Cortana feature but after setting everything up the Hey Cortana feature...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. When I say Hey Cortana nothing happens

2. i say hey cortana and nothing is happening