Windows 10: Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10

Discus and support Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I was able to turn on the "Hey Cortana" feature when I first installed windows 10 yesterday morning. but at night, i tried to use it again, and it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by mrazndead, Jul 29, 2015.

1. mrazndead Win User

Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10

I was able to turn on the "Hey Cortana" feature when I first installed windows 10 yesterday morning.

but at night, i tried to use it again, and it stopped working. I played around with the privacy settings, could that effect it? any help will be appreciated. thanks, and yes i did turn on the "hey cortana" in the settings.

:)

mrazndead, Jul 29, 2015

2. Hey Cortana, What time is it? NOT WORKING ANYMORE

Hey Cortana is a waste of time, it almost never works. MS get this fixed, Alexa is so much better.

JeffreyKenney, Jul 29, 2015
  3. Hey Cortana, What time is it? NOT WORKING ANYMORE

Since Cortana came out in the previews, I use the Hey Cortana, What time is it function in my TV Room to have Cortana tell me the time, versus walking over to the screen and squinting. This morning I ask it What time is it? and it shows the words as I
    say them, but instead opens a Bing Search page Listed here. My what temperature
    is it still tells me the current temp but not the time. HELP

MicroCompsUnltd, Jul 29, 2015
  4. jayhickey Win User

I'm having the same issue. It spins for about 5 seconds and then returns "Something's not right. Try again in a little bit." Really annoying.

For what it's worth, I skipped the line for my installation by using the Windows media creation tool (Windows 10). Maybe it dished out an outdated build? I'll try to do a clean install now and update this post if it works.

Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

jayhickey, Jul 31, 2015
  5. Mumbai Win User
    can you post a screenshot of Cortana's settings?

Mumbai, Jul 31, 2015
  6. I've noticed that 'hey Cortana' stops working after I unlock my PC. Have to go into the notebook deal and turn the 'Hey Cortana' feature off and on again. I wonder if anyone else is having that issue. Hope they fix it soon.

monty22001, Jul 31, 2015
  7. Jaysmi23 Win User
    Same thing for me - I was happily using 'Hey Cortana' to get her to listen to me by voice for the first 2 days, but now it doesn't respond to that. I must click on Cortana then click on the Microphone button to get her to listen to me.
    'Hey Cortana' remains switched on in the settings (as per screenshot)
    Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10 [​IMG]

Jaysmi23, Aug 1, 2015
  8. Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10

Ok thanks, good to know it's a bug and they'll probably get to it. Seems if you lock and unlock real fast it'll work, so it's something about 'hey cortana' only working for so long.

monty22001, Aug 1, 2015
  9. stupops Win User
    cortana says its been disabled due to company policy on my laptop. Have no idea why. Not sure what the policy is.

stupops, Aug 1, 2015
  10. Oddly enough, today's update seems to have fixed this issue. Yay!

monty22001, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hey Cortana not working anymore on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana working

2. Hey Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hey Cortana not working: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and "Hey Cortana" is not working. Checked my mic and speaker settings and all is good. When I open Cortana app and press mic icon, Cortana listens and responds with no issues....
  3. Hey Cortana not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hey Cortana not working: Recently upgraded to windows 11 and "Hey Cortana" is not working. Checked my mic and speaker settings and all is good. When I open Cortana app and press mic icon, Cortana listens and responds with no issues....
  4. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  5. Cortana is not working anymore

in Cortana
    Cortana is not working anymore: The message "The Oficce 365 associates with your mailbox is hosted in an unsupported location, try signing in with your personal account" appears when I login into Cortana. But when I log in with another account, it works! Any advice?? [Movido para Inglês]...
  6. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  7. hey cortana no longer works

in Cortana
    hey cortana no longer works: hey cortana has stopped working for a few weeks now. If I look in the settings it says "wake work invocation is currently unavailable and will be included in a future update" Even if I type anything to Cortana instead, all it does it search bing, nothing else works, no...
  8. "Hey Cortana" not working

in Cortana
    "Hey Cortana" not working: Hi! I've tried everything, but Cortana simply won't respond to "Hey Cortana", although everything's fine with my mic I use it normally with other apps and even cortana answers me after I click its icon. Reinstalling Cortana through Powershell, restarting my PC, changing my...
  9. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  10. Solved: Hey Cortana - it doesn't work anymore, i turned it on

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Solved: Hey Cortana - it doesn't work anymore, i turned it on: Tried to turn on Hey Cortana, it still doesn't work. i messed with the privacy settings, but i may have missed something. please let me know.... common.... thanks! 10277