Windows 10: Hey Cortana stops after unlocking

Discus and support Hey Cortana stops after unlocking in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have my PC set to lock after so many minutes. Hey Cortana works until it locks and then I unlock it. I have to go into settings and turn off hey... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by monty22001, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Hey Cortana stops after unlocking

I have my PC set to lock after so many minutes. Hey Cortana works until it locks and then I unlock it. I have to go into settings and turn off hey Cortana and back on for it to work again. Anyone else notice this? Wondering if it's widespread or not. Hopefully they'll fix it soon!

:)

monty22001, Jul 31, 2015

2. Windows Phone Cortana Not Playing Music From Lock Screen

Hi all,

My Hey Cortana (region OK) no longer plays music when requested from lock screen. Response "Shuffling your music...To do that Unlock your phone"

Would anyone know of a fix? Stopped working after an update.

Thanks.

Joshua_989, Jul 31, 2015
  3. CORTANA SUGGESTION (Reminder)

How if Cortana could do this things:

"Hey Cortana, Next time I open ("name of an app") remind me to ....

And the reminder will pop-up

or

"Hey Cortana, Next time I unlock my phone remind me to ....

And the reminder will pop-up

Ace Javier, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Hey Cortana stops after unlocking

Cortana is only currently available on Windows 10 for the United States, United Kingdom, China, France, Italy, Germany, and Spain.

different3, Jul 31, 2015
  5. I'm in the US, so that's not the issue. It works fine until the pc is locked and then unlocked. I can then either re-enable it like in the OP or click the mic button and it'll work. It just seems to stop working after unlocking.

monty22001, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Hope someone else has experienced this. Maybe not that many are using 'hey cortana'? *Smile

monty22001, Jul 31, 2015
  7. rfruth Win User
    Haven't tried Hey, Cortana yet - need to activate it

rfruth, Jul 31, 2015
  8. podmod101 Win User

Hey Cortana stops after unlocking

i'm having the same issue... after an unlock (I think that's the determining factor, as far as I can tell) Cortana will stop responding to "Hey, Cortana" and the only work-arounds seem to be either just a simple reboot, a sign out and sign back in (doesn't always work though), or simply turning Cortana off in the settings and then back on again. (this works every time and is probably the main reason rebooting and sign outs works in the first place)

Nice to know someone else has the issue I was beginning to think it had to do with fault mic hardware on my brand new surface pro 3!!
    *Eek

podmod101, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hey Cortana stops after unlocking

1. Hey Cortana stops after unlocking - Similar Threads - Hey Cortana stops

2. Hey Cortana

in Cortana
    Hey Cortana: Two days ago, I had Hey Cortana. It was set up and running fine. Cortana appeared in Settings and all was well. Yesterday, I had the old version back and had to sign back in. Cortana had disappeared from Settings and the "Hey Cortana" option was gone. Cortana is now...
  3. Hey Cortana??

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hey Cortana??: So this is a serious bug which I am experiencing from the past few weeks..... I cant type in Cortana search bar/ windows settings search bar....... this getting serious as I am having trouble finding my files and apps....... any help regarding this would be appreciated :-)...
  4. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: Hi guys. I can not change the setting for Let cortana respond to "hey cortana" It is off at the moment. I can find the setting to change it but it is not lit up and i can not click on it. I have attached a picture. Please help. Thanks [IMG]...
  5. Hey, Cortana!

in Cortana
    Hey, Cortana!: Apparently I can´t find nowhere the settings for the command Hey, Cortana! Did they disabled the feature? Windows 10 home -ver. 1909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/ed5cc79b-5cb3-4ae3-90e6-bfbc87aa32a7"
  6. Cortana not respon to hey cortana

in Cortana
    Cortana not respon to hey cortana: My cortana not respond to Hey Cortana. I need to press windows+c key or the icon to activate it to start talking. Cortana still respond to hey cortana last week. [ATTACH]...
  7. Hey cortana

in Cortana
    Hey cortana: I have a Lumia 650 mobile. How can I get hey Cortana installed, I have Cortana but I want the 'upgraded version'. Any ideas? Thanks. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hey-cortana/5e3f71c9-490c-48c4-b72b-7477f09acd77"
  8. Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana not responding after "Hey Cortana": Hey guys, I have windows 10 pro 64bit and a couple days ago when I said hey cortana it opened up and I could say stuff like what time is it. Now (without changing anything) it responds to "Hey Cortana" but after that it just says "Listening..." until I close it. Same thing if...
  9. Stop Cortana responding to "hey"?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Stop Cortana responding to "hey"?: When I play music, Cortana gets activated three or four times per hour by responding to what the algorithm interprets as "hey" (even if it's entirely instrumental music). I haven't yet seen a false activation interpretation of "hey Cortana". Is there any way to stop Cortana...
  10. Hey Cortana unresponsive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hey Cortana unresponsive: Hi, I'm not too sure what category this would go under so forgive me if it's in the wrong place. Last night I updated my Acer Aspire V5-571 from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10. I was very eager to use the Cortana feature but after setting everything up the Hey Cortana feature...