Windows 10: Hhd data recovery

Discus and support Hhd data recovery in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; How successful is data recovery, I have a 1 tb hhd, it's been changed from to the 32 gb by a windows 10 program I saved to it, now all the data on it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by chaza, Aug 29, 2017.

1. chaza Win User

Hhd data recovery

How successful is data recovery, I have a 1 tb hhd, it's been changed from to the 32 gb by a windows 10 program I saved to it, now all the data on it has gone.
    I've tried some recovery software but unsuccessful, it has to go to the shop, how much can I expect to get back

Thanks

:)

chaza, Aug 29, 2017

2. Recovery Disc Creation after Upgrading to Win 10 from Win7

What kind of PC is it HP, Dell, ect...

Do you have a Recovery Drive on your HHD?

JRD

Jarrod Davis_794, Aug 29, 2017
  3. Swapping Hard Drives, OS transfer, upgrades

Thanks a lot!

Since I'm moving from a 750gb to a 1tb HHD which data moving method would you recommend?

as is, proportional or manual and if manual what exactly should I be changing?

scottcamilleri, Aug 29, 2017
  4. Samuria Win User
  5. chaza Win User
    Is 100 to buy the software

chaza, Aug 29, 2017
  6. If data has been overwritten you are unlikely to retrieve it with software. However the rest of the data on the drive may be salvageable. Recuva is a program I've used in the past to retrieve data from a drive that's been reformatted or re-partitioned.
    To be safe, do not use the hard drive anymore until you can run data recovery on it, otherwise more data may be lost.

ArnoldLayne, Aug 29, 2017
  7. cereberus Win User
    Try using Recuva. Fair chance you can recover some data as you have only overwritten 32GB out of 1000 GB.

You will need another drive to recover to, or else you will overwrite data you are trying to recover.

cereberus, Aug 29, 2017
  8. Bree New Member

Hhd data recovery

Actually it's probably better than that.

The usual mistake that turns an external HDD into a 32GB drive is to use the Media Creation Tool to create install media on the USB drive. It's 32GB because it needs a Fat32 partition and that's the maximum size for Fat32, but only the first 4GB will have been overwritten (abut 7GB if you asked for both 32 & 64 bit media).

9. chaza Win User
    It all sounds promising. I have a question.
    While it's 1tb, only 15gb have been used, does the data I had start from sector 1,2,3....
    Then does the other data do the same or is the data placed randomly, I ask cause if it starts begging to end then the 15gb of my data will overwritten by the new,
    Should my hhd by formatted nts not fst32

chaza, Aug 29, 2017
  10. cereberus Win User
    Its random really but tendency is to start near beginning. If you had only 15 GB, you may be lucky, you may not. Only one way to find out.

cereberus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Hhd data recovery

1. Hhd data recovery - Similar Threads - Hhd data recovery

2. Data recovery

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Data recovery: I have recently found out that my microsoft account was linked to the main admin account of my mothers laptop.I made a new account with admin status, but i read this during the deletion process: Data on this device will be deleted as well.Could you provide any information on...
  3. Data Recovery

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Data Recovery: I would like to know how long does one-drive store data after the lapsing of licence? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery/2f085b99-536e-429b-897a-fa84e5035765
  4. Data recovery

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Data recovery: I have given my laptop to my friend for almost 3 months. That time I have formatted all laptop. After three months he formatted and returned me my laptop. How do i know if my friend recovered my data from my pc using data recovery software ?...
  5. hhd

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hhd: hello i have added a hdd to my computer from a old device it is spinning and it shows up in the bios but not the program called 'disk manager' or in the my pc tab, any ideas, thanks ioan...
  6. Data recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery: Hi, I am helping a family member set up a new laptop. Both the new and old laptop ran Windows 10. The old laptop’s charging port failed, and most data was backed up before the battery died. She is missing literally one folder- so I pulled the hard drive from the laptop and...
  7. Data recovery

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Data recovery: hello everyone, i have a question about data recovery, i have some important data on an external hard drive but the hard drive is making noise and is no longer detected by windows except in the device manager which puts an unknown device, is there any software to recover...
  8. Data recovery

Data recovery: Data recovery software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/data-recovery/94f51e0a-7217-4ef7-be8c-c8f54ae041f3
  9. Recovery of data

Recovery of data: laptop was installed with Windows 10. Somehow Windows OS got corrupted hence we had to reinstall the OS again before taking the backup. Hence created the backup on external hard disk without bitlocker. But now we are trying access the data, it is asking for bitlocker key. We...
  10. Data recovery

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Data recovery: Hi all, So my laptop died [I do know a dead one when I see one] during a writing session. Totally dead. 2 uninterrupted hours of stream-of-consciousness with background saves every 5 minutes so I guessed I lost 5 minutes worth, max. How wrong am I? My problem is that...