Windows 10: Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?

Discus and support Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OM I11, May 15, 2024.

1. OM I11 Win User

Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?

:)

OM I11, May 15, 2024

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, May 15, 2024
  3. Laurijan Win User
    Windows 10 Activation (Insider)

I bought Windows 7 Pro OEM key from G2Play.net for 12€ to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro - worked like a charm but be advised if you buy a OEM key you can not download the Win 7 iso from microsoft and have to get it elsewhere.

Laurijan, May 15, 2024
  4. ironwolf Win User

Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Two quick ways to use your Windows 7 key during the install:

1. When asked for the serial #, put in that Windows 7 serial # and continue on. It should activate as soon as it hits an internet connection.

2. When asked for the serial #, at bottom of window click on the I don't have a serial # text (or whatever it says). It will then ask what version you want to install, ie. Home or Pro. Be sure to install the right version that matches your Windows 7 key. Then once you get into windows you can activate by putting in the key. Some people prefer this method, not sure why honestly. Easier to do #1, since the installer will see your key and know which flavor of Windows 10 you are trying to install.

ironwolf, May 15, 2024
Thema:

1. Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key? - Similar Threads - Microsoft team activate

2. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?: Hi Microsoft team. I need your help with activating windows 7 by using my windows 10 key. I know that W 7 operating system is no longer supported by Microsoft, but I want to downgrade my windows 10 to windows 7. So, is there a possible way to do that, and if not, what should...
  3. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?: Hi Microsoft team. I need your help with activating windows 7 by using my windows 10 key. I know that W 7 operating system is no longer supported by Microsoft, but I want to downgrade my windows 10 to windows 7. So, is there a possible way to do that, and if not, what should...
  4. Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key?: Hi Microsoft team. Is there a way to activate windows 7 using windows 10 key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-microsoft-team-is-there-a-way-to-activate/09e769a1-c490-4499-871e-04e18af61c09
  5. Hi Microsoft team

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi Microsoft team: Hi Microsoft team Iam getting a problem with Microsoft Store after upgrading my computer from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 pro My problem is it stucks at loading screen forever and doesn't open i have tried everything which you gave commands and all please tell me why...
  6. Hi Microsoft team

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hi Microsoft team: Hi Microsoft team Iam getting a problem with Microsoft Store after upgrading my computer from windows 7 ultimate to windows 8.1 pro My problem is it stucks at loading screen forever and doesn't open i have tried everything which you gave commands and all please tell me why...
  7. Use Windows 7 Product Key to Activate Windows 10

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Use Windows 7 Product Key to Activate Windows 10: Can a customer use a Retail Windows 7 product key to Activate modern versions of Windows 10? [Original Title: Assistance] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/use-windows-7-product-key-to-activate-windows-10/d4bdfb26-5386-47af-937c-b754871f443e
  8. windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 activation by using windows 7 product key: I want to activate windows 10 by using my windows 7 product key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-activation-by-using-windows-7-product/8d7b9be6-cb77-4414-b079-99832c0dcb77
  9. Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key

Activating Windows 10 using Windows 7 product key: Hi, we have a few computers which originally came with Windows 7 and OEM product keys. We have upgraded them to Windows 10 and some of these activated Windows automatically other needed product key entering, but we were able to activate all of these machines, originally...
  10. Using Windows 7 key to activate bootcamped windows 10?

Using Windows 7 key to activate bootcamped windows 10?: Hello TenForums! I have recently decided to BootCamp Windows 10 using my Macbook Pro 2015 which is also running El Capitan. I'm bootcamping because I'm currently out of town and want to preload Fallout 4 onto my External before I get back. Because Windows 10 is free for...