Windows 10: Hibernate being faulty after version 1803?

Discus and support Hibernate being faulty after version 1803? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I had noticed this problem for a couple of weeks. I've had hard time doing a hibernate on my PC every now and then after I did an upgrade to version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Rain08, Jun 22, 2018.

1. Rain08 Win User

Hibernate being faulty after version 1803?

I had noticed this problem for a couple of weeks. I've had hard time doing a hibernate on my PC every now and then after I did an upgrade to version 1803. The problem is sometimes when I hibernate my PC, it doesn't do its job. My monitor and peripherals would turn off however the system itself would still have power. I have to force shutdown or restart it to have my PC power off. It seems that there's no pattern on when this problem would occur. Sometimes 2/3 or 5/6 days after the previous instance.

The update to version 1803 may not actually be the problem but I associate the problem with it since I had no issues doing hibernation before that update

:)

Rain08, Jun 22, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

windows 10 version 1803 welcome screen?

Hello Jim,

The Windows Welcome experience will only be shown after installation of updates and occasionally when you sign in to highlight what's new and suggested by design. For more information about the new features and content of Windows 10 1803, please refer to
    these support articles. It also includes a video that summarizes the new content in this release:

Also, make sure that the Windows welcome experience is enabled on your PC. Follow the steps below:

• Open Settings > System > Notifications & actions.
    • Under Notifications, toggle the switch On "Show me the Windows welcome experience after updates and occasionally when I sign in to highlight what's new and suggested".

Hope this information helps, feel free to post back if you need further assistance.

Carlo Fer, Jun 22, 2018
  3. Missing hibernate button

Hi Yusak,

We would like to isolate this issue that you're having right now. Will you be able to provide the exact error message that you recieved?

We suggest that you try to enable hibernation on your device using the Command Prompt.

To make hibernation available, follow these steps:

• Click Start, and then type cmd in the Start Search box.
    • In the search results list, right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator.
    • When you are prompted by User Account Control, click Continue.
    • At the command prompt, type powercfg.exe /hibernate on, and then press Enter.
    • Type exit, and then press Enter to close the Command Prompt window.

We will wait for your response.

Regards.

Leviozar Gam, Jun 22, 2018
  4. John Vil Win User

hibernating/password

Hello Rich,

One possible reason why your system keeps hibernating or goes to sleep is because of the power plan settings of your computer. To assist you with your concern regarding your PC hibernating, we recommend that you reconfigure the power plan settings by following
    the steps below:

• Type Display on Cortana's search field and press
      Enter.
    • Select Power & sleep.
    • Under the Sleep option, click the drop down menu to set the number of minutes/hours you would like your PC to sleep/hibernate. We suggest that you select
      Never if you do not want you system to hibernate.
    • Close all windows for the changes to take effect.

Let us know if you will need further assistance.

John Vil, Jun 22, 2018
Thema:

1. Hibernate being faulty after version 1803? - Similar Threads - Hibernate being faulty

2. Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Latency problems after upgrade to version 1803: Hi, After the upgrade last spring to version 1803 my PC began to experience latency issues. Audio popping, lagging & stuttering. I have since installed many different OS’s (Linux too) on this old Dell Studio desktop (x58 chipset, i7-950, SSD) & can verify the problem started...
  3. still in version 1803...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    still in version 1803...: My system say I'm up too date butt I'm not... version 1809 is out... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/still-in-version-1803/ffb335cd-ff43-4d19-9cb6-815d1e643618
  4. Win10x64 1803: Full Format of Hard Drives Faulty?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win10x64 1803: Full Format of Hard Drives Faulty?: A few days back I got a slew of disk errors in Event Viewer and quickly backed up the drive in question and started testing it. Before that, I checked and the only errors in the SMART data were crc errors, which do not normally indicate a failing drive, especially in the...
  5. Version 1803 or 1709?

Version 1803 or 1709?: I have a Dell Inspiron 660S, 64-bit, running Windows Home Edition 10. After some recent Windows updates, I noticed I have version 1709 & OS Build 16299.666. In viewing my recent updates, I saw there had been a feature update to Windows 10, version 1803. It keeps showing that...
  6. version 1803 update

version 1803 update: My pc tries to load version 1803 and it stalls. It gets to about 80% complete and then freezes...for the whole day if I let it. What to do? If I can never install v1803, how can I stop the update from starting up about once a week? I'm using Win 10 Home with v 1709....
  7. Cannot print after update to version 1803

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot print after update to version 1803: Several people I help with their computers have lost the ability to print after the April/May 2018 update to version 1803. Some of them tell me the problem 'fixed itself' after a couple days. Three people still cannot print after a couple weeks. One person has an HP Color...
  8. version 1803

version 1803: I haven't been offered to update to 1803 by windows but during the month of may many update failed beginning with 9 like 9nb.... or 9wd... dealing with xbox video and other non relevant issues for me. Do I miss something crucial when staying in 1709? thank you 110105
  9. iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    iPod not recgonized after version 1803 update: Hi there Switch Ipod off completely. Switch on again. Plug into a USB 2 port (if you still have any of those on the machine) see if computer recognized device. Sometimes the chips in these things - especially older hardware aren't recognized by USB 3 ports even when...
  10. Can a faulty hibernation cause laptop to fail to boot?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can a faulty hibernation cause laptop to fail to boot?: Hi all. First post - I think it's in the correct section! I am running Windows 10 using 2xSSD drives in RAID(0). I have one other 750GB HDD for data. I had an issue with my laptop this week which seems to have resolved itself. Except, issues don't tend to resolve...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hibernate missing from 1803