Windows 10: "Hibernate" file name and location

Discus and support "Hibernate" file name and location in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; What, if any, is the name and location of the file that hibernates Windows, please? I understand that hibernation can be initiated via "shutdown /h"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by borgus, Sep 10, 2015.

1. borgus Win User

"Hibernate" file name and location

What, if any, is the name and location of the file that hibernates Windows, please?

I understand that hibernation can be initiated via "shutdown /h" but that's not what I seek. Thanks.

:)

borgus, Sep 10, 2015
  2. hitch_11 Win User

about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

i dont have any problems of those u listed i exit frrom all applications when i finish ! well this means there is no solution so thanks a lot nokia "Hibernate" file name and location :(

and about the music i was talking about the phone loudspeaker .. !

hitch_11, Sep 10, 2015
  3. hitch_11 Win User
    about " memory full . close ... " problem ! n97 and equalizer !

1-hey ..! i did a format to my nokia n97 few days ago .. before i did the format i had the problem that sometimes when i go to photos its says " memory full close some applicartions ..." and now i have it again ! so i just wanna know how to
    solve this problem its really annoying !

2- my best music kind is trance ,, but i dont enjoy listening trance on my n97 coz music does'nt sound good for this kind of music .. so i want to know if there is a way to make n97 music sounds like x6 or even 5800 ( i guess ) .. through some
    application or through equalizer or whatever ! i dont wanna get another phone "Hibernate" file name and location :(

hope u help me .. ! thanks "Hibernate" file name and location :)

hitch_11, Sep 10, 2015
  4. MikeyTG Win User

It is hiberfil.sys on the root of the C drive. It is a hidden file, so enable view hidden items in explorer to see it.

MikeyTG, Sep 10, 2015
  5. Kyhi Win User
    to turn off hibernation > from cmd prompt admin type>

powercfg -h off

6. Unless you went to the trouble to disable Fast Startup, every time you select Restart or Shut Down, you ALSO go into hibernation -- automatically.

Mark Phelps, Sep 10, 2015
  7. borgus Win User
    Thanks for the pointers, folks.

borgus, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. "Hibernate" file name and location - Similar Threads - Hibernate file name

2. "There is already a file with the same name in this location" - when there should not be...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "There is already a file with the same name in this location" - when there should not be...: Gettiing a rather strange issue when attempting a file MOVE cut/paste from one mapped drive to another mapped drive the drives are mapped to different volumes on the same Windows Server 2008 - as with desktop OS in the process of moving to a Server OS that is still...
  3. Backup and restore executable file name and location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup and restore executable file name and location: Hi,Norton secure vpn blocks windows back and restore process. I could add the .exe to norton in split tunnel so that it is allowed to run but I have no idea what the name of the backup .exe is called.Anybody have any ideas on this?ThanksBob...
  4. Backup and restore executable file name and location

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup and restore executable file name and location: Hi,Norton secure vpn blocks windows back and restore process. I could add the .exe to norton in split tunnel so that it is allowed to run but I have no idea what the name of the backup .exe is called.Anybody have any ideas on this?ThanksBob...
  5. Backup and restore executable file name and location

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Files name wrong after changing location

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files name wrong after changing location: Hello I need help on my problem. Recently I change all my file location in my PC Such as Documents, Desktop, Downloads,.. etc from C: storage to D: storage. I find it strange because all the files are namely wrong and had the same name. Like, the Desktop and the Download...
  7. File Explorer search of file names only in indexed locations

File Explorer search of file names only in indexed locations: I have many similar files created from templates. They are in an indexed location. When I search in File Explorer they ALL appear in the search results due to their content. Sometimes I want to search through just the file names, not the content, in an indexed location....
  8. How to reset file location name?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to reset file location name?: How do I change the file location name on my laptop? Currently running with Windows 10. File location example: C:\Users\brook\Downloads. I don't want it to say "brook". I want to be able to change that....
  9. File Explorer changing both location name in "This PC"

File Explorer changing both location name in "This PC": Before they were both named "E:" I do not know why, after I migrated OS and all files to the new NVMe M.2 drive and formatted the old HDD then moved some files back onto the HDD these two names just changed. I now know one is supposed to be named Videos and the other...
  10. Windows search not locating some file names

in Cortana
    Windows search not locating some file names: After the last update, I have problem searching certain files using windows search function. My file names are usually a name followed by a number, e.g. act1, act2 etc. Now if I search for act2, it would show act28, act27 etc. act 2 file would not show up at all. I need to...