Windows 10: Hibernate / Sleep option gone after updating Desktop to Creators Ed.

Discus and support Hibernate / Sleep option gone after updating Desktop to Creators Ed. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi All, Afterupdating my Desktop to the new W10 x64 Creators Edition I lost my earlierHibernate and Sleep options. Whatever setting I put in into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dbo, Jul 31, 2017.

1. DBO
    dbo Win User

Hibernate / Sleep option gone after updating Desktop to Creators Ed.

Hi All,

Afterupdating my Desktop to the new W10 x64 Creators Edition I lost my earlierHibernate and Sleep options. Whatever setting I put in into the regular powersaving menus the Desktop will only perform a complete power down mode. Does notmatter whether manually or automatically initiated. Thestop menu shows the Hibernate option but not the sleep option. If I execute theHibernate option a complete power down will follow.

It seems asif my case is not unique; similar posts can be found on the Microsoft forum,however only “try this and try that solutions”, that do not work. On the 10 ForumI could not find a similar problem.

Does anyonehave a similar problem or even better a solution?

KindRegards,

Dave

:)

2. GVLynch Win User

Sleep option

Yes, after Creators Update the options for Sleep are gone on my PC (main home network computer). The only options are Hibernate, turn off display, and shut down. The former Sleep function was efficient and flexible since a computer could be set to sleep
    after designated time of inactivity but wakeable by other computers on newtwork. Now I have to juggle the Hibernate(fake sleep) and turn off display settings, or go back and forth hitting the Power/Hibernate(fake Sleep) button so other computers on my home
    network can access files on the main computer. SUX!!!

Until there is an explanation or fix from Microsoft I will likely revert my desktop back to Windows v1703 and not install Creators Update on other computers in my home network.

GVLynch, Jul 31, 2017
  3. GVLynch Win User
    no sleep mode in win 10??

Sleep was a useful feature to allow other computers/devices in my home network to share files 24/7 as well as power saving. After the Creators Update there is no way to allow the desktop to sleep after a time of inactivity. The sleep options that were
    available from the start before Creators Update menu are GONE.

Now there are no settings that allow the computer to Sleep. In the support.microsoft.com Windows Support article "Shut down, sleep, or hibernate your PC" the instructions for Sleep settings no longer apply. Under Settings > System > Power and sleep button
    settings > When I press the power button, the options in the drop-down selections are Do nothing, Hibernate, Shut down, and Turn off the display. THERE IS NO OPTION TO SLEEP. There are also drop-down selections for "When I press sleep button" but there is
    NO OPTION TO SLEEP and I have never seen a sleep button on the start menu or anywhere else anyway.

It is like Microsoft has done away with Sleep in the Creators Update and just doesn't want to say so. Until there is an explanation or fix from Microsoft I will revert my desktop to Windows v1703 and not install Creators Update on other computers in my home
    network.

GVLynch, Jul 31, 2017
  4. me75006 Win User

I experienced similar with a Dell, in that I needed to install the Nvidea driver for the video hardware. After that sleep & hibernate options returned.

me75006, Jul 31, 2017
  5. DBO
    dbo Win User
    In my case it is the good old AMD Radeon 4200, that performed fine until now. The driver is dated May 17, 2017 and I could'nt find a newer one until now. By the way a routine that I downlaoded to enter "sleep" into the register of W10 also did not add anything to the menu options.

Greeting,
    dave

6. me75006 Win User
    Try using an older driver; that's what worked for the Dell I was working on.

me75006, Aug 1, 2017
  7. DBO
    dbo Win User
    Tried this solution together with a dozen of other possible tips, but unfortunately no success.A recent creators edition update also did nog resolve the matter. It seems as if the problem (although reports on the web are plentiful) is unknown by Microsoft or maybe they just deny it. I also tried some routines to change the register entrees for the hibernate / sleep options, but these routines are unable to address / find the entrees. It seems as if these entrees also havebeen relocated. Does anyone know where to find them within the creators edition register?
    Regards,
    Dave

8. DBO
    dbo Win User

Finally found a working solution for the missing sleepmode. As my desktop has a rather ancient ATI Radeon HD 4200 graphic display, there is no recent AMD driver for W10 x 64. However there is a work around by installing a AMD legacy W7 driver in the compatibility mode. It has been used for other graphic problems with legacy systems.

After installing this driver together with the AMDCatalyst Control Center the sleep mode also showed up again. It also solved the problem of “blurred” characters as lamented by many others after installing the creators update. Therefore problem solved and thanks for the ones giving my useful suggestions.

Regards,
    Dave

Thema:

1. Hibernate / Sleep option gone after updating Desktop to Creators Ed. - Similar Threads - Hibernate Sleep option

2. Sleep option is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option is gone: Hi!For the past two days my laptop does not show the Sleep option in Power... i found this question and tried all of the methods that were recommended, none of them worked for me.I also do not have the option to "check" sleep in Control panel. Is there anything else I could...
  3. Sleep option gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sleep option gone: On my windows 10 laptop, my sleep option has completely disappeared. I've tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Here are the ones I have tried:Restoring the default power options using the command window, evening running it as administrator and restarting my PC...
  4. Sleep option gone

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Sleep option gone: On my windows 10 laptop, my sleep option has completely disappeared. I've tried multiple solutions, but none of them worked. Here are the ones I have tried:Restoring the default power options using the command window, evening running it as administrator and restarting my PC...
  5. Sleep option gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Sleep option is gone

Sleep option is gone: On my windows 10 laptop, the sleep option simply disappeared from the start menu. I then looked up on the internet for solutions but when explored the control panel and the settings, the sleep option was not available in Settings>System>Power and Sleep. It also wasn't...
  7. Hibernate option gone since last update

Hibernate option gone since last update: ever since the last update the hibernate option has disappeared from the advanced power setting. the checkbox is also gone from the system settings even the "change settings that are unavailable". It no longer shows up and all I can choose from is to lock or sleep. It seems...
  8. Sleep option is gone...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sleep option is gone...: I went into the power option and was only able to add hibernation option but the sleep option is still not there. wtf how do i fix this ? submitted by /u/muaytao [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fv8hug/sleep_option_is_gone/
  9. sleep option gone after updates

sleep option gone after updates: the sleep option is gone after we did updates https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sleep-option-gone-after-updates/7dd518c5-3680-46c6-bb2a-a9c57c07fdf5
  10. Sleeping instead of hibernating after Creators Update

in Windows 10 Support
    Sleeping instead of hibernating after Creators Update: With normal version of Windows 10, when I pressed hibernate my laptop was hibernating properly. After installing the Creators Update, I enabled hibernation from command line. But when I press hibernate at start menu, laptop is going into sleep mode. Although there is a...