Windows 10: Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone

Discus and support Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi I am wondering if some one advise me. I have used the option one fix on a legitamate version of windows 10 in a vm machine. It works for 2 to 7... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Neily, Apr 19, 2016.

1. Neily Win User

Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone

Hi I am wondering if some one advise me.
    I have used the option one fix on a legitamate version of windows 10 in a vm machine. It works for 2 to 7 days then its gone. The vm stops working then. A reapplication of step one fixes this quickly. It is just most frustrating finding that its stop working over night. it does also happen in day time but I usually spot it quickly.

:)

Neily, Apr 19, 2016

2. Even though hibernate enabled not working since windows 10 update

please help me out with this problem..when selected power option and choose to hibernate the screen getting off and suddenly coming to normal position...just thought of mentioning a point,when i choose to hibernate VM is on in the system. But this won't
    be a problem because before the update the control is working fine and able to hibernate.

AyodhyaRam, Apr 19, 2016
  3. W10 upgrade runs for 2 days and then fails

Navneet, tried method 2 last night. Unfortunately it still failed but with different error code. See below. I now have the dreaded "dregol" back again on my browser. But that is a secondary issue I guess. Any further ideas Navneet?

Upgrade to Windows 10 Pro

Installation date: ‎27/‎08/‎2015 23:55

Installation status: Failed

Error details: Code 80200053

Update type: Optional

Install the next version of Windows.

More information:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=507415

GrumpsBradley, Apr 19, 2016
  4. Neily Win User

While using vmware I loose the hibernate on the power button.
    I can get the hibernate to be available and set it as on.
    About every 2 or 3 days I get a crash of windows in vmware. The hibernate feature has disapeared and use the admin command prompt to put it back. Is there a way to stop windows 10 in vmware to stop this happening ?.

Neily, Apr 19, 2016
  5. Neily, not everyone agrees with me, but I discarded virtual machines long ago. It is easy to set up a separate partition for another legal operating system. Contrary to some warnings, I have never had a problem with multi-partitions. I currently have a legal copy of XP, 10, and 8 on my machine. !0 is a legal upgrade from my legal copy of 7 (which I had stopped using).

When you use a virtual machine, you are operating two OSs, including all of their automatic software (such as anti-virus programs). and that might be giving you trouble.

Vince Massi, Apr 19, 2016
  6. Neily Win User
    The problem really does seem to be the operating system rather than the VMware machine. When I have caught it just after its happened. It is at a windows gathering data screen ( blue ).

Seems though that it is a windows failure within the machine. Though I have never had it on the host machine or laptop which both are windows 10 and do not have hibernate active.

Neily, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hibernate works for 2 to 7 days in VM then it's gone - Similar Threads - Hibernate works days

2. 2 BSOD in the last 2 Days

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    2 BSOD in the last 2 Days: In the last 2 days i have had 2 Blue Screens while playing GTA online nothing else seems to cause an issue.I had upgraded to a new RTX 3060 from a GTX 1660 about a week ago which is the only thing that has changed in my system.The first BSOD seemed to be caused by a...
  3. Hibernate not working

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hibernate not working: I'm experiencing a weird problem which suddenly started happening for a few days now.Whenever I try to hibernate my pc, it just sends me to the unlock screen and doesnt actually shut down.I tried updating but that didn't fix anything. So I'm not sure what to do at this point....
  4. Hibernate not working

Hibernate not working: Had a shortcut for hibernate, whic has always worked in the past, but now it seems to simply restart the PC. I tried Hibernate from the start menu and again it simply seemed to restart, also offered the boot menu, which i thought previously it didnt. Any ideas please ? 165744
  5. Surface Laptop 2 will not hibernate

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Surface Laptop 2 will not hibernate: My Surface Laptop goes to sleep instead of hibernating and while in sleep it is draining the battery. Anyone had the same problem and solutions? submitted by /u/lospollosakhis [link] [comments]...
  6. My Pause updates for 7 days is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    My Pause updates for 7 days is not working: My "Pause updates for 7 days" feature is not working. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-pause-updates-for-7-days-is-not-working/b662fb8c-c175-4f76-b7d6-677f685ce812
  7. Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why

Hibernating stopped working in past day or so. Not sure why: [ATTACH] Having an issue with hibernating. Running Windows 10 64 bit on a HP desktop quad core processor No problems until recently. Ran CMD as an administrator and powercfg /requests and here is what it says for processes and services running in the image above: How...
  8. VM Win 7

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM Win 7: I was going to make a VM with a Win 7 disc I have; I am running Win 10. The disc is OEM so Windows rejected the key I hse to reinstall. Is there a way I can still use Win 7 as the guest without a product key? I will use YouTube as I have never done this before. If not,...
  9. Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Hibernation function gone - Normal restore method not working: Hello, On my ASUS T200TA running windows 10 x64 bit, I have encountered the problem that the hibernation function disappeared after updating to windows 10 from windows 8. The normal method (as presented in the tutorial on this very forum) to restore the function,...
  10. hibernation gone?

in Windows 10 Support
    hibernation gone?: so i dont use hibernate but I use hybrid sleep. For that reason AND the fact that the hibernate file can use up to like 75% of your memory in disk space - I decided to run the cmd to reduce its size (by half i think). I also disabled UAC (via regedit) and disabled some...