Windows 10: hibernation and fast boot setup

Discus and support hibernation and fast boot setup in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right. I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Titan, Jun 8, 2016.

1. Titan Win User

hibernation and fast boot setup

I'm set up with high performance under power plan and my hibernation isn't working right.

I set it up for 2 mins and it went into hibernate, after then hitting a key on the keyboard it started back up in post and shut down completely?

Is this supposed to bring you right back to a desktop with what you were doing before?

I also have fast boot disabled in bios and windows 10, will this affect it?

:)

Titan, Jun 8, 2016
  2. dxss Win User

disable windows 10 side bar/action center popping up

On my system this happens only after hibernate. I don't use fast boot, but since it implements a combination of hibernate with shut down it might also cause it. Every time the system would hibernate I would have to reboot (not in fast-boot mode) to get it
    to stop opening the action center, so I set it not to hibernate at all when plugged in.

dxss, Jun 8, 2016
  3. Jrarentz Win User
    Windows 10 is changing Joystick number assignments upon restart

Solution found here:

"Do you have "fast start" and hibernation enabled on your Win 10 system? From what I understand when you have "fast start" enabled Win 10 saves lots of pertinent data to the hibernation file so after shutting down, and then when you restart, it uses
    the saved data to get your system up and running fast. I wonder if maybe w/o "fast start" enabled the system re-assigns the joy numbers on boot-up? That's one reason a "restart" takes longer as it ignores the hibernation data.

Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10

Try this: Boot-up and get the assignments set w/fast start off. Once done go back and turn fast-start and hibernate on (you can kill hibernate after you restart). This is how mine is configured. When you stop the hibernate do it in the advance power
    setting location. "

I did all that and it's fixed now.

Jrarentz, Jun 8, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jun 9, 2016
  5. Titan Win User
    Thanks, forgot to mention this is for my desktop that did the upgrade though.

Titan, Jun 9, 2016
  6. Ztruker Win User
    You need to provide the specs for that System then so we can help.

Do check the mfgrs web site though, see if there is a BIOS update.

Ztruker, Jun 9, 2016
  7. Titan Win User
    Specs:

Asus Rampage 5 extreme with 5960x @4.6
    2x EVGA x
    32gb ripjaws
    1x500gb Samsung 850 pro ssd
    2x250gb Samsung 840 pro ssd
    Liquid cooled in a case labs TH10 case

Titan, Jun 10, 2016
  8. Ztruker Win User

That is an impressive system!!!!!

Does it have the latest BIOS? There is a ver 3101 dated 5/18/2016 (and other older ones):

hibernation and fast boot setup [​IMG]

Does redusinc the OC to 4.4Ghz have any effect?

Ztruker, Jun 10, 2016
  9. Titan Win User
    Thanks!

I have the latest bios. One other thing that's annoying me is every other time I turn my system on it goes through post and shuts down. Next boot goes to desktop, is this part of fast boot or can be disabled somehow?

Titan, Jun 10, 2016
  10. Ztruker Win User
    Ztruker, Jun 11, 2016
  11. Titan Win User
    I'm having an issue where I'll turn on my computer, and halfway into post it shuts back down. After turning on again it completes boot to desktop. It does this every other time I turn it on.

It's this related to fast boot in bios or startup in Windows?

Titan, Jun 11, 2016
  12. Titan Win User
    I'm having an issue where I'll turn on my computer, and halfway into post it shuts back down. After turning on again it completes boot to desktop. It does this every other time I turn it on.

It's this related to fast boot in bios or startup in Windows?

Titan, Jun 11, 2016
  13. OldMike65 Win User

If you have it on in your windows, try turning it off their. Not in your bios. See if it solves you startup issue.
    Read page 1 on here.

OldMike65, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. hibernation and fast boot setup - Similar Threads - hibernation fast boot

2. Fast boot option

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fast boot option: How do I turn on quick boot in my bios? I tried the following already and the option to enable fast boot never appeared. I pressed F2 during startup, the bois opened then I went to the advanced menu then tried to get into boot and there was no option to click on boot and...
  3. Disabling fast boot

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Disabling fast boot: How can I disable fast boot for all users on my PC in one go? I have observed that when I disable fast boot through the normal way only the account I disable it on will have it disabled while all the other users will still get the fast boot and hibernation file when they...
  4. Check if Windows 10 last boot was from Fast Startup, Full Shutdown, or Hibernate

in Windows 10 News
    Check if Windows 10 last boot was from Fast Startup, Full Shutdown, or Hibernate: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]Windows 10 has three Startup Options, one is the Fast Startup (Hybrid), the Full Shutdown and the Hibernate mode. By default, the Hybrid Startup is selected. It does not fully shutdown the computer but keeps it in a standby mode [...] This post Check if...
  5. fast boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fast boot: hi I am unable to fast boot my system. I have win 10, 8 gb graphic, ssid still it takes 5 min to boot. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fast-boot/fe58e21a-8d67-4f71-a956-c56d37860ac2
  6. Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?)

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't Turm off Fast Boot and/or Hibernation(?): Running up to date Windows 10 Home. I have tried the registry settings, what the power button does via Control Panel and turned Fast Boot off in my bios but still win10 boots within seconds (running SSD). I would like to have the whole os to shut down when I power down. Any...
  7. hibernate and fast start

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    hibernate and fast start: I am having trouble with hibernate and fast start. I found in one article in the forum that stated: If you disable hibernate, fast startup will also get disabled. ​Does the opposite hold true then: If hibernate is enabled, fast startup is also enabled? 23920
  8. Boot not that fast

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Boot not that fast: Hello I have a new configuration (z170 chipset, i3-6320, fast SSD) for my desktop and it boots slower than my laptop (Acer V3-574G (i7-5500) with the same SSD as my desktop). I don't think the i3-6320 vs i7-5500 can explain such difference. First thing is that Hibernation...
  9. Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    Hibernation occuring too fast on my laptop: Is anyone seeing any issues regarding hibernation on their laptops? Since upgrading to Windows 10 I've noticed that my laptop seems to be going into hibernation much more quickly than it did in Windows 7. I checked my settings and my screen saver settings and so on are setup...
  10. Fast Start/Fast Boot/Hibernation Settings for OEM Win10/64 Pro SSD?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fast Start/Fast Boot/Hibernation Settings for OEM Win10/64 Pro SSD?: Howdy: Looking for guidance on optimal settings for new Dell system before I fire it up (specs in my profile). This is my first Win10 system and my first desktop, "production box" PC with dual drives (SSD (OS) + spinner (data)) and UEFI. I have read the many...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to setup hibernation boot