Windows 10: HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

Discus and support HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I appear to have lost my HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers on my SP4 after an update at the end of July 2018. I have tried various fixes as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Arvandee, Aug 18, 2018.

1. Arvandee Win User

HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

I appear to have lost my HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers on my SP4 after an update at the end of July 2018. I have tried various fixes as suggested on different forums and support services , including trouble shoot process, legacy, etc. I have sought assistance from Level 1 and 2 support technicians and was referred to the Surface team for further assistance who didn't provide any additional advice other than to return my SP4 for service at a cost of $650 AUD. Surely there has to be a way to install the drivers without me having to clean down my machine and return it. Has anyone come across a solution as yet?

:)

Arvandee, Aug 18, 2018

2. Surface Pro 4 Missing Hid touch screen driver

Disable and enable the touchscreen driver

Note

You'll need a keyboard or mouse connected to your Surface, as in Solution 2.

If a two-button shutdown doesn't work, try this:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the search results.

Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Disable.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Enable.

Note

There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen listed. If so, complete steps 3-4 for each one.

Solution 6: Reinstall the touchscreen driver

Note

If disabling and re-enabling your touchscreen driver doesn't work, try this:

Select the search box in the taskbar, enter device manager, and then select Device Manager in the results.

Select the arrow to the left of Human Interface Devices.

Right-click HID-compliant touch screen, and then select Uninstall.

Note

There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen listed. If so, complete steps 3-4 for each one.

Restart your Surface.

Your Surface will automatically download and install the touchscreen driver when you connect to the Internet.

Solution 7: Reset touchscreen calibration

Note

If solutions 1-6 didn’t work, recalibrate the touchscreen:

Press the Windows logo key .

(If you're using a mouse, select Start .)

Enter calibrate, use the arrow keys to highlight Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input, and then press Enter.

(With a mouse, select Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input.)

Press the Tab key until the Reset button is selected, and then press Enter.

(With a mouse, select Reset.)

If the Reset button is dimmed, your Surface touch calibration is still at factory settings. Skip to Solution 8.

Press the Tab key until the Yes button is selected, press Enter, and then follow the on-screen instructions.

(With a mouse, select Yes, and then follow the on-screen instructions.)

After your Surface removes the recalibration data, test the touchscreen to see if it responds appropriately.

If none of the above work...

Open Start, type: regedit

Right click regedit

Click Run as administrator

Navigate to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Wisp\Touch

Change the TouchGate value to '1'

Exit then restart.

Andre Da Costa, Aug 18, 2018
  3. HID-Compliant touch screen

HID-Compliant touch screen is not even listed under device manager anymore after doing an update. I have Toshiba Satellite, Windows 10.

I have checked hidden folders, tried detecting for changes, updated drivers, everything. Still no touch screen. Please help?

DarlinLass, Aug 18, 2018
  4. HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

Surface Pro 4 Pen will not write on screen

My Surface Pro 4 Pen which I got with Surface Pro 4 has stopped writing. I can connect pen with Surface Pro 4 and and all works except I cannot write on screen.
    I suspect it is the tip of pen that does not work but cannot verify this.
    Please note tip is not broken.
    Before I purchase a tip kit can someone suggest what I can try to see if it is the tip or something else that is faulty.
    My surface Pro 4 is up to date with all updates including BIOS updates. I use a Windows 10 Fall Creators Update.
    Thank you.

jaburmester, Aug 18, 2018
Thema:

HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4

1. HID-Compliant Touch Screen and Pen drivers are missing on Surface Pro 4 - Similar Threads - HID Compliant Touch

2. HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.: Hello, I perform a reset my 32-bit windows tablet, selected Clear TPM and the touchscreen didn't work after. The drivers for HID compliant touch screen are missing in the device manager, thus I can't update them. Tried installing drivers available on windows update catalog...
  3. HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HID compliant touch screen driver missing after Reset.: Hello, I perform a reset my 32-bit windows tablet, selected Clear TPM and the touchscreen didn't work after. The drivers for HID compliant touch screen are missing in the device manager, thus I can't update them. Tried installing drivers available on windows update catalog...
  4. HID compliant Touch screen driver

HID compliant Touch screen driver: My Dell Inspiron 5490 touchscreen stopped working. I don't know when since I don't use it often but it probably occurred after a windows update. Searching online a suggestion was to uninstall the HID compliant Touch screen driver and then scan for hardware changes which...
  5. HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager

HID compliant pen and HID compliant touch screen drivers gone from Device Manager: I just got my Surface Pro 7 last Christmas and everything's working out so well. I've been using it for work I'm an illustrator so I use the pen and the touch screen a lot and for uni my notebooks are digital so I also use the pen and the touch screen a lot. However, since...
  6. HID Compliant Touch Screen Drivers

HID Compliant Touch Screen Drivers: Hi Everyone, In last 2-3 days I have gone through Windows 2004 update process for my touchscreen Micromax Canvas Laptab LT777W and my Desktop. My desktop update was smooth but due to low storage on Laptab it got complicated and I stuck in Automatic repair blue screen loop....
  7. HID compliant touch screen driver

HID compliant touch screen driver: How do I download the missing HID compliant touch screen driver? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hid-compliant-touch-screen-driver/ff1c1940-0746-407f-b390-ebec0b75362f
  8. HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing

HID-Compliant Touch Screen Missing: I have an HP Pavilion 11-n010dx x360 PC. I had some problems and had to do a system reset, The problem was solved but now my touchscreen has stopped working. When I went to my device manager and viewed Human Interface Devices, there us ho HID-compliant touch screen listed. I...
  9. HID compliant Touch screen driver MISSING

HID compliant Touch screen driver MISSING: I have a Samsung Notebook 9 Pro 15" and the HID compliant Touch screen driver. The screen is not responsive by touch but responsive by Samsung Pen. Please help. My laptop is running Window 10 Home. Both Windows and Samsung Updates are up to date....
  10. HID-compliant touch screen missing in Windows 10 Pro

HID-compliant touch screen missing in Windows 10 Pro: Hello. I have a touch screen monitor which does not work with the touch screen at all after I reinstalled my Windows 10 pro. I googled and tried all types of solutions and referred to the following Microsoft solution below....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install hid pen

2. surface pro 4 touch screen driver missing windows 10

3. hid compliant pen

4. surface pro 4 touch screen driver,
  5. microsoft hid compliant pen driver,
  6. hid compliant touch screen driver surface pro 4,
  7. hid pen driver,
  8. surface pro 5 no hid touchscreen,
  9. install surface hid compliant touch screen driver,
  10. re-install surface pen driver on surface pro as mouse feature not working,
  11. hid compliant pen device driver,
  12. hid-compliant touch screen driver windows 10 for surface pro 4,
  13. pen and touch install,
  14. install hid compliant pen,
  15. Surface Pro 4 Missing Hid touch screen driver