Windows 10: HID - Touchscreen Driver keeps installing and enabling everytime hardware is detected

Discus and support HID - Touchscreen Driver keeps installing and enabling everytime hardware is detected in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have an all in one PC with touch screen. Unfortionatly recently the touch screen has started to malfunction and is detecting phantom touches. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Amy-JoBattersby, Jul 29, 2018.

1. HID - Touchscreen Driver keeps installing and enabling everytime hardware is detected

I have an all in one PC with touch screen. Unfortionatly recently the touch screen has started to malfunction and is detecting phantom touches. This renders the PC completely unusable. So I disabled the HID-Touchscreen Driver and uninstalled it when I booted the PC in safemode and rebooted which gave me just enough time in normal mode to check it was still uninstalled before it had reactivated and I had to diable it again. Luckily I at least got past the password stage this time.

Since then, every single time there is a hard ware detected or a scan for hardware changes, the computer automatically re installs and activates the touchscreen driver. This is incredibly frustrating when you consider that it means every USB plugged in or IPod plugged in or phone plugged in.

How can I permanently stop this driver. I do not want touch screen functionality.

I have disabled the touch keyboard service.

I have removed the driver from the computer through Computer mgmt>HID devices

What more can I do?

:)

Amy-JoBattersby, Jul 29, 2018

2. Hid compliant touchscreen driver

I have a Toshiba AIO computer with the touchscreen running Windows 10, it has the latest updates and the latest drivers. If I look under device manager the touchscreen driver is the Microsoft HID compliant touchscreen driver with date 6/21/2006 version
    10.0.14393.351 I downloaded the driver from the manufactures website but when I run the driver update it says the best driver is already installed which is the Microsoft driver. The problem I am having is the Windows start menu randomly pops up. If I
    disable the touchscreen it fixes the problem. Its hard to believe that Microsoft hasn't updated the HID drivers since 2006 and a lot has changed since 2006.

EdwardRatkiewicz, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Touchscreen driver

To assist you further regarding your concern, we' d like to know which version of Windows are you using? On the other hand, you may uninstall and reinstall the touchscreen driver on your device. To do this, follow these steps:

• Click Start, type Device Manager and press
      Enter.

• Expand the Human Interface Devices section, right-click on
      HID-compliant touch screen.
    • On the Driver tab, select Uninstall and click
      OK.
    • Restarting your device may download and reinstall the touchscreen driver automatically if you're computer is connected to the Internet. However, we suggest that you visit the manufacturer's website of your device to get the latest touchscreen driver.

Note: There may be more than one HID-compliant touch screen
    listed. If so, complete steps 2, 3 and 4 for each one. It is also recommended that you install every updates available for your device.

Once you're done, you may adjust the accuracy of the screen senses by calibrating it through the settings. To do this, you may follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Calibrate the screen for pen or touch input
      and press Enter.
    • Click Calibrate on the Display tab and follow the on-screen instructions, click
      Save to save the calibration.
    • Once you're done, click OK and check if the issue persists.

Keep us updated about your concern for additional assistance.

Joseph Ban, Jul 29, 2018
  4. HID - Touchscreen Driver keeps installing and enabling everytime hardware is detected

HID compliant touchscreen driver no longer present,

For the 5th time in 2 years I've updated my hp pavilion n000na 360. Everytime I have to call Microsoft to reinstall this HID touchscreen driver, everytime we end up doing a clean install. This time I've been waiting over a week for a call back to advise
    me on what to do as your latest fall update has not only stopped my touchscreen working but this time I can no longer execute any programs in windows so basically my lovely computer is just an expensive hard drive. Win10 has cost me over 120 hours of my time
    I'm totally fuming.

Please advise, quickly.

mallardduck1, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

HID - Touchscreen Driver keeps installing and enabling everytime hardware is detected

1. HID - Touchscreen Driver keeps installing and enabling everytime hardware is detected - Similar Threads - HID Touchscreen Driver

2. Hid Touchscreen driver is gone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hid Touchscreen driver is gone: So my touchscreen driver was disabled for some reason so i deleted it,, but when i went to restart it still hasnt reappeared and its gone, even in hidden devices anybody can tell me how to install it back?...
  3. Hid Touchscreen driver is gone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hid Touchscreen driver is gone: So my touchscreen driver was disabled for some reason so i deleted it,, but when i went to restart it still hasnt reappeared and its gone, even in hidden devices anybody can tell me how to install it back?...
  4. Windows HID touchscreen driver installation

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows HID touchscreen driver installation: I have done hours, hell days of resurrect finally found awencers, but still no solid solution. I had an issue a few months ago with this computer, and had to recover the entire device from scratch, however when I recovered it I lost my touchscreen ability. When I first...
  5. Windows HID touchscreen driver installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows HID touchscreen driver installation: I have done hours, hell days of resurrect finally found awencers, but still no solid solution. I had an issue a few months ago with this computer, and had to recover the entire device from scratch, however when I recovered it I lost my touchscreen ability. When I first...
  6. Windows HID touchscreen driver installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. HID Touchscreen driver does not disable .. at the hardware level.

HID Touchscreen driver does not disable .. at the hardware level.: Hi Gurus, My Surface Pro has a touchscreen issue - pressure points randomly appearing on screen, due to a badly replaced screen - so I need to disable the HID Touchscreen driver. But 9 times out of 10 when I restart, the driver says disabled, but the touchscreen is still...
  8. HID Touchscreen Driver

HID Touchscreen Driver: Hi, I am looking for the correct touchscreen driver for an Asus Zenbook Flip. My driver was causing ghost touches so I disabled it and I am trying to install a new driver. Does anyone know the correct driver? Thanks...
  9. HID Touchscreen driver - ACER

HID Touchscreen driver - ACER: In a recent windows update my device manager lost the driver to the HID Touchscreen. It is no longer on my computer as I can no longer locate it to enable and disable. I have uninstalled several of the past updates, but that hasn't worked at all either. Where can I find a...
  10. HID Touchscreen Driver

HID Touchscreen Driver: Dell Latitude E5570 Windows 10 1809 I upgraded Windows 10 1803 to 1809. Two items that are missing: 1) My touchscreen works but it is not listed in Device Manager under HID. It was listed as a compliant touchscreen. Rebooted computer and it is missing (Touchscreen still...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hid-compliant touch screen driver windows 10 keep installing

2. windows keeps installing hid sensor

3. hid-compliant touch screen keeps installing

4. detected hid driver is not installed,
  5. i have removed hid touch screen but it keeps coming back