Windows 10: Hidden App running

Discus and support Hidden App running in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Sometimes when I start my PC it flashes black for a second then goes back to normal when I press alt tab and it shows the apps that are... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Matthew Microsoft, Jul 6, 2018.

1. Hidden App running

Hidden App running 8d6b7a60-1cf3-4f43-9052-5f5c0660abbc?upload=true.png

Sometimes when I start my PC it flashes black for a second then goes back to normal

when I press alt tab and it shows the apps that are running this certain one doesn't pop up but when I press alt tab when im playing a game or something and it only shows the application icons I sometimes see it but not always

its unnamed and when I go the app and release alt tab it just shows me my desktop

plus when I shut down it shows an app that is not letting u shutdown for less then a second and then it shuts down

I have run a virus scan multiple times to see if it was a virus and it has always come up clean

*This only happens sometimes and not always*

I was wondering if it was just a Microsoft app running in the background or if it was actually a virus or something else harmful

I don't know if this helps but I think it started happening after the one of the last windows updates

:)

Matthew Microsoft, Jul 6, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. *Smile

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Jul 6, 2018
  3. All hidden files turned Un-hidden

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being part of Windows 10.

I suggest you to re-add them to the hidden items list and check.

Steps:

• Right click on the folders to hide, select Properties.
    • Go to General tab, under Attributes check mark the option
      Hidden.
    • Click on Apply and on Ok.

I suggest you not to use any third party anti-virus software. Try to use Windows Defender.

Refer: Using Windows Defender

Hope it helps. Feel free to contact us for further assistance on Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Jul 6, 2018
  4. Hidden App running

Microsoft Jigsaw and Solitaire apps will not load and run

Hello,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

As you are facing issues with Windows store download and Windows updates too, I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: Try clearing the Store Cache:

• Press the Windows key + R keys.
    • In the Run window, type
      WSReset.exe
      and click “Ok”.

Step 2: Also I would suggest you to run
    Windows Store Troubleshooter and check if it helps:

1. Type Troubleshooter in the
    search bar
    and click on it from the list.

2. Click on view all and select
    Windows Store Apps
    and click next.

3. Follow the onscreen instruction.

Step 3: Run Windows Update Troubleshooter

I suggest you to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter. Follow these steps to run Windows Updatetroubleshooter:

• PressWindows key + W and type troubleshooting.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • ClickWindows Update troubleshooter.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    • Check if issue persists.
    Step 4:

I suggest you to check if the services responsible for Windows update is running. Refer to these steps:

• Press Windows key +R, type “services.msc
    • Locate the BITS, Cryptographic, MSI Installer and the
      Windows Update Services and check if it is running.
    • If not, right click on the service and click start to start the service.
    Hope this will fix the issue, if not let us know with the updated status and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank You.

Sangeeta Sarkar, Jul 6, 2018
Thema:

Hidden App running

1. Hidden App running - Similar Threads - Hidden App running

2. All apps are hidden.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All apps are hidden.: Sometimes when I start my PC all my apps on my desktop are gone and replaced by a little box on the top left of my screen.Only when I double click this box all my apps are there again. I would like to remaove this and just have all my apps there from start.I dont know how I...
  3. All apps are hidden.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All apps are hidden.: Sometimes when I start my PC all my apps on my desktop are gone and replaced by a little box on the top left of my screen.Only when I double click this box all my apps are there again. I would like to remaove this and just have all my apps there from start.I dont know how I...
  4. All apps are hidden.

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Hidden Apps

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hidden Apps: I decided to hide some apps on my desktop. During the process, I accidentally hid an app that I didn't mean to. I tried to look up how to revert this "hidden" effect but came up with nothing. If anyone knows how to fix it, I'd appreciate it. This was the video I watched on...
  6. how to run a program in background, hidden

in Windows 10 Support
    how to run a program in background, hidden: Hi all, I have an issue struggling me on my laptop. It seems I can't disable sleep/hibernation in any way. No chances, tried lots of things. Now I would like to try launching a small something, hidden (not to disturb or bother everything I'm doing), in background. Someone...
  7. hidden app

hidden app: I want to uninstall World Series Of Poker from my computer. Don't see, can't find it to uninstall. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hidden-app/7f054295-8dbc-4159-b56f-81ca180687a2
  8. Hidden-Stubborn App

Hidden-Stubborn App: I installed Fox News app from Microsoft Store, I couldn't find it in the app list or in Programs>windows app to pin it to the startup, but went to the store it said "Launch". But but from there I was able to pin it but it was a very strange tile that was unresponsive, i also...
  9. Hidden apps?

Hidden apps?: After returning from long sleep I find the start menu doesn't work. Also, right clicking on taskbar item has no effect. When this happens I need to restart *Sad Today during restart I got message that app "Elera" (or something like that) was preventing restart. After...
  10. hidden apps

in Windows 10 Support
    hidden apps: What I find frustrating about the taskbar is that when I click on certain icons, the applications associated with them open behind the window currently on the screen instead of in front of it. This requires that I minimize the currently displayed window in order to see the...