Windows 10: Hidden Program

Discus and support Hidden Program in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I just created a new user profile as my old profile was corrupt. I tried re-installing Launch Manager from Acer, but it says I can't install it because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Jesse Williams, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Hidden Program

I just created a new user profile as my old profile was corrupt. I tried re-installing Launch Manager from Acer, but it says I can't install it because the folder already exists. It is not appearing in Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.

Should I install Revo?

Thanks in advance!

:)

Jesse Williams, Feb 1, 2016

2. Hidden program

Hi Duane,

One of the possible reasons why you are encountering this unusual pop up window is due to some software conflicts. To address your concern, we suggest that you perform a clean boot. If the pop up window did not appear while your computer
    is in clean boot mode, a background program is likely causing interference. You can try to determine which background program is causing the problem while the computer is in clean boot mode.

To try to determine which background program is causing the problem, start by turning off all drivers, third-party programs or services, and startup items that load with Windows. Then, if the problem is resolved, turn back on half of these services to try
    to isolate the interfering service. If the problem is not resolved at this point, you will repeat this process until you have isolated the interfering service. Finally, if you are able to determine which specific program or service is causing the problem,
    contact the program manufacturer to determine whether there is a solution. You can also disable the program or service to resolve the problem.

To start your computer to clean boot mode, follow these steps:

• Using Search, type msconfig.
    • Select System Configuration from the search results.
    • On the Services tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click to select the
      Hide all Microsoft services check box, and then tap or click
      Disable all
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration
      dialog box, tap or click Open Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab in Task Manager, for each startup item, select the item and then click
      Disable.
    • Close Task Manager.
    • On the Startup tab of the System Configuration dialog box, tap or click
      OK, and then restart the computer.

Don't hesitate to reply on this thread if further assistance is needed.

Darleen Pen, Feb 1, 2016
  3. Hidden program

My wife and I are having the same issue right now. While playing games or anything else, every five or ten minutes or so a Window pops up and then closes before you can even see what it is. This causes a momentary stoppage of whatever you are doing and
    the screen goes BLACK. Any suggestions?

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

DUANE TERESASTUVA, Feb 1, 2016
  4. derekimo Win User

Hidden Program

Is there a folder for it in C:\Program Files\ ?

This says the uninstaller is located here C:\Windows\UNINSTLMv4.EXE LMv4.UNI

derekimo, Feb 1, 2016
  5. I see this LMv4.UNI and UNINSTLMv4.exe.

The LMv4.UNI is a ghost or blank file it looks like

UNINSTLMv4.exe will not uninstall. It says the following screenshot:

Hidden Program [​IMG]

6. derekimo Win User
    Maybe it is a good idea to try Revo, I don't use it myself but isn't the free version only good for x86 programs?

Maybe someone will chime in with something better.

derekimo, Feb 1, 2016
  7. I am not even sure about Revo being only good for x86 programs. I don't use it anymore, as someone told me it wasn't good for my registry. I will wait for someone else to chime in and if no help, then I will try to use Revo or look online for other alternatives.

EDIT: I am going to bed, as it is late here. I will check back in the morning.

Thanks Derek for your help!

8. derekimo Win User

Hidden Program

You're welcome Jesse.

derekimo, Feb 1, 2016
  9. Brink, I am afraid I am going to have to do a Repair Install on my system as I have traces from old programs that I can't remove. Any suggestions before I do so?

Jesse Williams, Feb 2, 2016
  10. Brink
    Brink New Member
    Hello Jesse,

I'm afraid that a repair install will not remove installed programs. *Sad

Brink, Feb 2, 2016
  11. What should I do? I have tried each and every way to remove these old traces, but none are deleting. It said they are already in use or something similar to that.

Jesse Williams, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Hidden Program

1. Hidden Program - Similar Threads - Hidden Program

2. Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive: A few days ago, my C drive suddenly dropped gigabytes at a fast rate. I found that random exes from my installed programs kept eating up my storage like crazy. Some programs include iTunesHelper.exe, SECOMN64, and more. I tried removing them through Task manager, but they...
  3. Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive: A few days ago, my C drive suddenly dropped gigabytes at a fast rate. I found that random exes from my installed programs kept eating up my storage like crazy. Some programs include iTunesHelper.exe, SECOMN64, and more. I tried removing them through Task manager, but they...
  4. Random hidden programs kept eating up GBs of my C:/ drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my windows 11 program data folder not showing even after turning on hidden files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my windows 11 program data folder not showing even after turning on hidden files: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 pro and now I can’t seem to find my program data folder even after turning on view hidden files, please what’s the problem?...
  6. my windows 11 program data folder not showing even after turning on hidden files

my windows 11 program data folder not showing even after turning on hidden files: I recently upgraded to windows 11 from 10 pro and now I can’t seem to find my program data folder even after turning on view hidden files, please what’s the problem?...
  7. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  8. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

Taskbar hidden behind other programs: Recently I've ran into the problem where my Taskbar is being blocked/covered by other programs. Some trouble shooting steps I've taken already are, 1. I used task manager and restarted Windows Explorer, 2. I ran CMD in administrator and used "sfc /scannow", and finally I've...
  9. Taskbar hidden behind other programs

in Windows 10 Customization
  10. File folder and some programs stay hidden

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File folder and some programs stay hidden: Lately some programs and Window File folders open but are not viewable. I can click on the file folder happening with Paint too but not able to view the file in Windows. All I get this view and unable to move, resize, restore or any other option. Have run chkdsk and it showed...