Windows 10: Hidden Share - Can't properly share out access as I could on Windows 7

Discus and support Hidden Share - Can't properly share out access as I could on Windows 7 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I can't find a TF tutorial on this topic, so I'm going to recommend this TomsITPro article (full disclosure: I am a contributing editor for that site... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018.

1. EdTittel Win User

Hidden Share - Can't properly share out access as I could on Windows 7

I can't find a TF tutorial on this topic, so I'm going to recommend this TomsITPro article (full disclosure: I am a contributing editor for that site and have written for them for nearly a decade): Using Windows 10 Administrative Shares.
    HTH,
    --Ed--

EdTittel, Apr 5, 2018
  2. JM81 Win User

I'm in an enterprise, domain environment. I have a Windows 10 Enterprise desktop that is acting as a backup system for my small IT group (we do have servers for this but want to use this system for certain data).

I replaced Windows 7 Pro with Windows 10 Ent (clean install). Have a secondary HDD, created a local group and added my team's domain user accounts to that local group. That group has full control over the secondary drive under the security tab.

I used to be able to permission the driverletter$ in this manor on Windows 7 and when my team would from a regular end users's computer and account, browse out to \\desktop\g$ it would prompt for their credentials and get right to the root of the drive. Now, it does prompt but denies them with this in the event log:

:)

3. Network connecting and file sharing

hi

i am using windows 10 home now.

other computers in network are windows 7, 8, 8.1 .

i am not using home group setting.

i can connect to windows 8 and windows 8.1 pc and read files from share folder and share printer.

i can't connect to windows 7 pc.

in network and sharing center, i allow all network discovery and file sharing and public folder.

but i can't access to windows 7 pc.

i don't have access permission and contact to administrator error.

from windows 7 pc, i can connect to windows 10 pc.

i can't connect to linux file server also.

i am waiting for the reply.

thanks

Thet oo zin, Apr 29, 2018
  4. Hidden Share - Can't properly share out access as I could on Windows 7

Windows 10 accessing a shared file on Windows 7 Professional

under the advance share settings in Network and Sharing Center, Yes both "home or work" and "public" have File and Print sharing turned on.

This computer has been sharing with no problem with other laptops running Windows 7. That is why I am so confused as to why the windows 10 can't access the

Kevin Fritz (fritz), Apr 29, 2018
  5. JM81 Win User
    Can't edit: Basically, I need my team to be able to get to this hidden share while logged on as another user that doesn't have access, I want them to be prompted for their credentials and be let right in.... Windows 10 must have changed something as I could do this in Windows 7.

Thema:

Hidden Share - Can't properly share out access as I could on Windows 7

1. Hidden Share - Can't properly share out access as I could on Windows 7 - Similar Threads - Hidden Share Can't

2. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access shared printer.: I have a windows 10 PC with a shared printer but every time I want to access the shared printer from other PC it always prompt that cannot connect to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-shared-printer/a2f02dd8-32ff-487e-8ecf-54c93365a1ac
  3. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't access shared printer.: I have a windows 10 PC with a shared printer but every time I want to access the shared printer from other PC it always prompt that cannot connect to printer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-access-shared-printer/a2f02dd8-32ff-487e-8ecf-54c93365a1ac
  4. Can't access shared printer.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Accessing Windows 7 share folder

Accessing Windows 7 share folder: Hi there! I have a Windows 10 Pro computer W10P from which I would like to connect to a share folder on my Windows 7 W7 computer but I can't get it to work: [ATTACH] Same network, etc. etc., the machines are able to ping each other. I also have a Windows 10 Home W10H...
  6. Can't access Windows 10 shares

Can't access Windows 10 shares: Hi there. I have a Windows 10 Pro desktop, with several shared folders, for each of which I have configured both my own username and "Everyone" for full access. I have gone through Network sharing and ticked all the boxes that need to be ticked, checked the adaptor settings,...
  7. Cannot access default Microsoft Windows hidden shares

Cannot access default Microsoft Windows hidden shares: Hello, Can someone helpme? I have a problem where when I want to access a shared folder from a remote computer like\\ip_remote\c$ it can't. Even though I have entered the username and password correctly. If I access the share folder from a remote computer I create...
  8. I Can't access Shares on Windows 7 From Windows 10

I Can't access Shares on Windows 7 From Windows 10: Hi, I Can't access Shares on Windows 7 From Windows 10 So basically the problem is with the same share and permissions: Windows7 to Windows 7 = Ok Windows7 to Windows 10 = Ok Windows10 to Windows 7 = No Access Is there any way to solve this problem....
  9. Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access

Sharing - Win 7 Share - Win 10 access: Just added a new Win 10 Pro desktop to the network. It needs to access a Win 7 desktop shared folder. I get the error message Windows cannot access \\NAComp1-PC Check the spelling of the name. Otherwise, there might be a network problem. 0x80070035 The network path...
  10. Can't access network shares

Can't access network shares: Before the upgrade to 10 I was on 7 and logged in with a local account with all computers having the same usernames and passwords and sharing worked flawlessly. After the upgrade I am now logging in with a Microsoft account and sharing does not work. Windows 7 Pro -->...