Windows 10: Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

Discus and support Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I'm having a weird issue after the last major update where i cannot access the bottom row of icons in the system tray. this is because the pop out menu... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by MatthewD_012, Jul 14, 2018.

1. Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

I'm having a weird issue after the last major update where i cannot access the bottom row of icons in the system tray. this is because the pop out menu of the system tray is being rendered from the bottom of the screen instead of from the top of the taskbar. it is being rendered behind the taskbar, blocking access to the bottom row of apps. Here's a screen shot to illustrate:

https://ibb.co/mby91o

i've tried changing screen resolution, updating drivers, etc, so this seems to be a bug in windows itself. no idea how to fix this and it's really annoying since i can't access certain running apps if they are in that bottom row being hidden by the task bar.

:)

MatthewD_012, Jul 14, 2018
  2. aigo Win User

Taskbar system/app icons hidden/disappear, icons limited?

Thanks for the suggestion, really hoping it's something small like this that can resolve this. I've long uninstalled Winaero Tweaker -- and it had no tweaks for the taskbar icons.

So regardless of how I display the taskbar icons, the bumped off ones (right most, farthest) become hidden. In this case, I stretched it out to two rows tall with all icons displayed and the Power and Network icons still both get bumped off *Sad

Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this? [​IMG]

Basically what I previously observed -- it's almost as if there is a limit of 4-5 icons that can be displayed, and each system app exceeding it is pushed out or "hidden". Yet It's not a space constraint -- all the icons can be displayed -- just not the ones that've been forced into this hidden mode. In this case, the ones I care about *Sad

3. Mark Ole Win User
    Taskbar icons

Hi,

To address your concern, follow the steps below on how to show hidden icons on the taskbar.

• Open Settings, and click on the Personalization
      icon.
    • Click on Taskbar on the left side, and click on the
      Select which icons appear on the taskbar
      link under the Notification area section on the right.
    • Turn on Always show all icons in the notification area at the top

Let us know how it goes.

Mark Ole, Jul 14, 2018
  4. Yaqub K Win User

Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

System Icons on taskbar

Hi,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Communities.

Are you referring to the clock system icon on the taskbar?

If so, I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below:

• Click on the search bar on the taskbar.

• Type system icons.

• Under Turn System Icons ON or OFF, turn On the Clock and check with the issue.

Hope it helps.

Yaqub K, Jul 14, 2018
Thema:

Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this?

1. Hidden taskbar icons do not display correctly. How do I fix this? - Similar Threads - Hidden taskbar icons

2. How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?: Hi, how do I remove multiple hidden icons from the task bar?I am unable to attach the screenshot directly, so I have attached a link of the screenshot instead:https://ibb.co/2FK2831Thanks in advance....
  3. How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?: Hi, how do I remove multiple hidden icons from the task bar?I am unable to attach the screenshot directly, so I have attached a link of the screenshot instead:https://ibb.co/2FK2831Thanks in advance....
  4. How do I remove all these hidden icons from the taskbar?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. How do I fix problem with taskbar icons not displaying proper info

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I fix problem with taskbar icons not displaying proper info: When I click on my Internet and Sound icons on my Windows 11 task bar, a small empty box appears and then goes away. None of the relevant Internet or Sound information appears like is usual. All of my peripherals and connections work fine, but the UI is malfunctioning....
  6. How do I fix problem with taskbar icons not displaying proper info

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I fix problem with taskbar icons not displaying proper info: When I click on my Internet and Sound icons on my Windows 11 task bar, a small empty box appears and then goes away. None of the relevant Internet or Sound information appears like is usual. All of my peripherals and connections work fine, but the UI is malfunctioning....
  7. How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix an issue of icons in the taskbar not showing?: That blank area has apps that should show. I've restarted the computer a couple of times and it persists. The missing are Sticky Notes, OMEN Command Centre HP, Messenger app, Excel, Word, and Snip & Sketch. The problem persists when I switch to full tabs mode not icons though...
  8. How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar?

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I fix icons in position on wallpaper and taskbar?: I have icons for documents and shortcuts to software on my desktop and taskbar. Occasionally Windows 10.0.18362 'tidies up' for me and I can't find a darn thing! Can I fix things in position I want and not have them move?...
  9. How to fix the number of columns for ''hidden icons'' of taskbar?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to fix the number of columns for ''hidden icons'' of taskbar?: I put plenty of icons in this upward arrow in order to hide icons, but windows always changes the number of row and columns. sometimes it is 3 columns and 3 rows, sometimes it is 4 columns and 3 rows. I hate this.and I want to to fix the number of columns to 4 [img] 130115
  10. How do I hide icons in "show hidden icons"?

in Windows 10 Support
    How do I hide icons in "show hidden icons"?: Hi I'm working with a remote desktop application in a big company (about 200 users), and I don't want people to see what app we're using. Once the icon is hidden, they cannot disable it and that's what I'm looking for (basic users, no worry) [img] For example - I want to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. show hidden icons not displaying properly

2. taskbar hiden icons not showing correctly covered

3. taskbar not displaying

4. taskbar hidden icons,
  5. windows taskbar 1 icon hidden bug,
  6. how to fix hden menu in the task bar,
  7. how to fix hidden icons,
  8. windows icons display issue on taskbar,
  9. taskbar hidden fix,
  10. windows hidden icons in taskbar weird,
  11. microsoft icons not showing correctly on taskbar,