Windows 10: Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe remova tool

Discus and support Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe remova tool in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello. I would like to know if there is any way to hide a single drive from "safe removal" of Windows 10. Is it also possible to hide it from Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by miccio, Jun 27, 2018.

1. miccio Win User

Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe remova tool

Hello. I would like to know if there is any way to hide a single drive from "safe removal" of Windows 10. Is it also possible to hide it from Windows Explorer? Thanks in advance for any answers.

:)

miccio, Jun 27, 2018
  2. Anne Ros Win User

Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Hi,

This can be caused by a driver issue or virus-infected USB drive. For further isolation of the issue and for us to provide a solution suitable to your pen drive concern, we need additional information. Can you answer the questions below?

• When did this happen?
    • Were there any recent changes made to your device prior to the issue?
    • Does it appear in the disk management?
    • Can you connect other USB drives and see if the same error will occur?

In the meantime, try updating the USB driver as an initial troubleshooting step and see if the error will occur again when you connect your USB drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open Device Manager.
    • Look for Universal Serial Bus controllers and click it to expand.
    • Select the driver then right-click on it and select Properties.
    • Under Driver tab, click the Update Driver
      button to update the driver.

We're looking forward to your response.

Anne Ros, Jun 27, 2018
  3. related to pen drive

Hi,

A Pen Drive or USB is a data storage device that includes flash memory with an Integrated USB interface, and is a Plug and play device. That said, your computer should easily recognize your Pen Drive without any issues. A software might be blocking it, or
    an update is needed for it to work properly. However, let us isolate your concern by providing the answers to these questions:

• Is your Pen Drive working in other devices?
    • Were there any changes (Updates, software installation) made prior to the issues?
    • Have you tried using another Pen Drive on your computer?

in the meantime, we suggest that you insert your Pen Drive, and check if there's any error(s) in Device Manager.

We're looking forward to your response.

Carlos Tin, Jun 27, 2018
  4. Anne Ros Win User

Unspecified USB Pen Drive

Sorry for the delayed response. If it's not appearing in the disk management, then it's possible that there is no driver for the USB pen drive. We suggest that you visit the device manufacturer's website and download the latest driver for the USB pen.

Let us know if you need anything else. We're here to help.

Anne Ros, Jun 27, 2018
Thema:

1. Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe remova tool - Similar Threads - Hide single drive

2. Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...: Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps reverting my updated AMD GPU back to the old version. So I want to hide that updates, so it will stop doing that....
  3. Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...: Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps reverting my updated AMD GPU back to the old version. So I want to hide that updates, so it will stop doing that....
  4. Is it safe to hide certain Windows updates with PowerShell? For example; windows keeps...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB pen drive not recognized - windows recovery drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB pen drive not recognized - windows recovery drive: Made a windows recovery drive. The USB drive works to boot up the laptop . But windows does not recognize the drive in explorer or disk management. I want to update the recovery drive , having done a major windows update. Any idea how to work with the USB drive ? Thanks...
  6. Is the Media Creation Tool safe for USB drives/SD cards?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is the Media Creation Tool safe for USB drives/SD cards?: [ATTACH] TL;DR: After my SD card got pretty much bricked after using the tool, I'm wondering whether anyone else has experienced the same thing and if it's OK for me to use a different card. I've been using the Media Creation Tool for a long time now and haven't had any...
  7. If I hide a drive/partiton, it is safe from viruses?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    If I hide a drive/partiton, it is safe from viruses?: I recently built a new computer with a new SSD that runs Windows 10 Pro. I kept the old internal HDD as a bootable Windows backup. Periodically I will recreate the HDD Windows partition to keep it current in case I need to boot from it. Since it is an internal HDD, there...
  8. USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING

USB DRIVE(PEN) NOT OPENING: HI, my usb drive (pen) not opening-renamed the drive but still no good.keeps asking me to insert a disk...? anyone help-usb holds 32.gb when full....
  9. Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool

Hide a single drive (usb-pen for example) from safe removal tool: Hello. I would like to know if there is any way to hide a single drive from "safe removal" of Windows 10. Is it also possible to hide it from Windows Explorer? Thanks in advance for any answers. 112993
  10. USB Pen Drive Failure

USB Pen Drive Failure: I have a Toshiba 16GB pen drive on to which I was copying programs from my Downloads Folder when for no apparent reason it crashed while copying Ashampoo Office 12 (no power failure or accidental pressing of a key). The pen drive is now inaccessible and is not recognised by...